The Utili-Kilt

November 28th, 2007 by Conor Lastowka · 6 Comments

The holiday season quickly approaches, and our goal for this season is to allow you to get all your gift giving ideas from the RiffTrax Blog.

The first gift idea we have for you is The Utili-Kilt. Once belonging exclusively in the wardrobes of high school kids who really wanted to look back on a part of their life with regret, the kilt has now exploded onto the fashion scene, thanks in no small part to the versatile and stylish nature of the Utili-Kilt.

Workman’s Utili-Kilt
The Workman

Spartan Utili-Kilt
The Spartan

Tuxedo Utili-Kilt
The Tuxedo

Leather Utili-Kilt
The Leather

Shockingly ranging in price from $110 (the Spartan) to over $600 (the leather), there’s no better way to say “This joke gift could have easily bought you something really, really awesome instead.” We will have to speculate about the identity of the torso-less model, but I feel comfortable saying that I am 90% certain that it is Quentin Tarantino.

Quentin Tarantino
Director, Writer, Utili-Kilt Spokesmodel

Tags: gift guide

• 1 Rengeek on Nov 28, 2007 at 4:13 pm

As a proud owner of the classic Utilikilt for over 7 years I can only say, try it before you knock it. And then be man enough to take all the bad jokes and snide comments you will hear every time you wear it.
    Though the one commit I get most often from other guys is, “Where can I get one?”

• 2 KiltLover3000 on Nov 28, 2007 at 4:50 pm

Stop hatin on kiltz!

Kiltz rule!

Even my underpantz are kiltz!

• 3 Tim on Nov 28, 2007 at 9:44 pm

I firmly place myself in the category of people who think any garment that exposes more than .07 centimeter of the male leg to be grotesque and horrible.

If I had my way (which I never do), all human males (and some of the lower primates) would be required to wear only those billowy, shape-hiding MC Hammer pants at all times.

• 4 Neb on Nov 29, 2007 at 9:56 am

My feeling is: if you’re going to wear a kilt, go all the way and wrap yourself in 30 yards or so of fluffy, water-resistant wool homespun. It can double as a coat, cape, tent, small sheep pen, or hammock: now THAT’S a UTILIkilt!

• 5 Justin on Dec 7, 2007 at 11:04 am

Why has no one mentioned the naked old man behind Quentin?

• 6 trumpysmagicsnout on Jan 26, 2008 at 9:01 am

Well at least Quentin’s doing a “true Scotsman”. No, not no underwear, I mean cutting about the streets in the middle of the day with a bottle in his hand jaked oot his napper!