Welcome Myspace Readers

November 28th, 2007 by Mike Nelson · 10 Comments

Welcome, that is, if you actually came to check it out. If not, you are welcome. But not in the same way. The welcome offered to those who actually bothered to stop by is a far richer, more sincere welcome. It is the difference between Furtwangler’s historic 1943 recording of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony and the 1976 disco release A Fifth of Beethoven by Walter Murphy and the Big Apple Band. Or, to put it another, slightly less annoying way, the difference between a nice beer marinated Kosher skin-on wiener and a cold fat-free Oscar Mayer hot dog.

(By the way, I had thought to include a nice photo of a skin-on wiener for you, and I had already typed “wiener” in the image search when a small voice in my head warned, “Mike? Remember what happened last time you went on the internet and did an image search for ‘wiener’? Put the keyboard down, Mike.” Whew. Wiener image crisis number 37 narrowly averted.)

• 1 Tarantulas on Nov 28, 2007 at 11:50 am

Glad to hear that the blogging will continue… myspace is mostly tranks, lobos, and zipheads anyway.

(+2 for the BTTF2 reference)

• 2 Tim on Nov 28, 2007 at 11:53 am

Ah…well…those of us who poured all of their savings into funding an investigative committee to look into the disappearance of Mike’s MySpace blog entries feel a bit silly now. But, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who is now financially destitute after such a plan, right? Right?

• 3 Courtney on Nov 28, 2007 at 11:54 am

I’m just glad you’re still alive and well and that your riffing isn’t being done by Rich Little. I was starting to think that was the case.

Unless your blogging is *also* being done by Rich Little… in which case, that man is a master.

• 4 torgosPizza on Nov 28, 2007 at 11:57 am

Only +2 for the BTTF reference? Pshaw, I say!

• 5 Jen on Nov 28, 2007 at 12:53 pm

Not only did I come to check it out, I already posted a link to it on my own blog. Where does that put me on the wiener scale?

(On second thought, don’t answer that.)

• 6 R.A. Roth on Nov 28, 2007 at 1:32 pm

Glad to see you haven’t abandoned those of us unmoored in MySpace space. Locating an up to date space port with the proper docking rings and umbilicus fittings is a real pain in the ass.

Randy

• 7 Neb on Nov 28, 2007 at 8:06 pm

You made me laugh so hard, my husband had to actually LEAVE HIS COMPUTER to walk over and see what the hubbub was about. Then he made a lewd wiener comment. I hope you’re happy.

• 8 Michelle on Nov 29, 2007 at 2:11 pm

Who’s going to explain to my husband why I was searching for pictures of ‘wiener’?

That was actually quite entertaining, thank you.

• 9 Brain Blog Round-up: Transitional Edition « deep ape on Dec 4, 2007 at 8:12 am

[...] J. Nelson It’s Hat-errific! Welcome Myspace Readers My Love is Like an Old, Old, um, Custard… More Christmas Gift Ideas! (Don’t Say No [...]

• 10 rząd on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:12 am

I don’t think that this thing works properly. But we will see…