RiffTrax Live in San Francisco

December 11th, 2007 by Conor Lastowka · 10 Comments

RIFFTRAX LIVE – JANUARY 17TH AT THE CASTRO THEATER, SAN FRANCISCO

It’s-It

I still remember my first It’s-It. I had it for breakfast one morning on Fourth of July weekend, 2005. Other than embracing surly steroid abusers with a passion usually only displayed in Times Square on VJ-Day, they are perhaps the greatest San Francisco tradition of them all.

The It’s-It is as delicious as advertised. It wards off scurvy. It’s guaranteed not to melt in your pocket during the big meeting. The It’s-It had no involvement in the Star Wars Holiday Special, because it was too busy finalizing negotiations to get Led Zeppelin back together. Evangeline Lily, Keira Knightly and Jessica Alba may have at some point in time eaten an It’s-It. They come in four delicious flavors. They contain no flaxseed oil.

And despite the impressive list of made up credentials, the It’s-It is not the greatest thing about the city of San Francisco. I’ll pause for you to clean the spit take off your monitors…It has been replaced by RiffTrax Live.

Sketchfest Logo

Yes, RiffTrax Live, that delightful evening that puts the “semi-regular” in Semi-Regular Event, is returning to the San Francisco Sketchfest for a night of laughter. Mike, Kevin and Bill will be riffing Ed Wood’s immortal Plan 9 From Outer Space, aka, the movie that Jerry and the Gang missed while waiting in the Chinese Restaurant. It’s going down on January 17th at the Castro Theater. I went to the first RiffTrax Live event back in January, and without a doubt, the fun I had that evening was one of the top two highlights of this year (the second highlight being when I was not fired the day after the performance.)

Tickets sell for a mere $25 dollars, can be pre-ordered at the Sketchfest website, and best of all, can be purchased by non-George Lucas employees! So what are you waiting for? Eat three It’s-Its! Mark your calendars!

Plan 9 director Ed Wood in drag

Tags: Events · RiffTrax · RiffTrax Live!

• 1 Bill Corbett on Dec 11, 2007 at 3:42 pm

I’ll be there… even if I do object to performing in a theater named for the dictator of Cuba. I mean, WTF, SF?

• 2 MB on Dec 11, 2007 at 5:46 pm

I am deeply wounded that you almost never come to my side of the country for this sort of thing. Come on over– we have snow, and ice, and… and.. wind chill….

• 3 Steve-O on Dec 11, 2007 at 6:16 pm

Coincidentally, that embedded image of the It’s-It makes me think of the Castro for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on.

Nor would want to.

• 4 Daisyj on Dec 11, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Ah, It’s-Its– the one-dose cure for West Coast foodie insanity. Personally, I consider anything but vanilla to be an abomination.

Looking forward to the show!

• 5 Jessica Alba » Blog Archive » RiffTrax Live in San Francisco on Dec 11, 2007 at 8:18 pm

[...] unknown wrote an interesting post today on RiffTrax Live in San FranciscoHere’s a quick excerptEvangeline Lily, Keira Knightly and Jessica Alba may have at some point in time eaten an It’s-It. They come in four delicious flavors. [...]

• 6 Tim on Dec 11, 2007 at 10:24 pm

Raise your hand if you’re surprised the city of San Francisco has a theater name the “Castro”…

:::does not raise hand:::

• 7 BF on Dec 12, 2007 at 2:25 am

The Castro Theater was built and named in 1922 in honor of the Mexi-Cali leader Jose Castro, long before Fidel came around.

• 8 Tim on Dec 12, 2007 at 10:37 am

A joke, man. It’s called a “joke”.

• 9 Libby on Dec 12, 2007 at 6:25 pm

ooooh….”non lucas employees”….whatta burn!

• 10 Rifftrax Live: Round 3 « deep ape on Dec 16, 2007 at 4:04 pm

[...] title is pretty self-explanatory, and I really have nothing witty to say: Mike, Kevin, and Bill are doing the “live” thing again, this time on January 17th at the Castro Theater in San Francisco. They’ll be [...]