Talk to me, peoples.

December 20th, 2007 by Bill Corbett · 245 Comments

Please post questions below.

I’ll add more to this post in a minute, but wanted to get the ball rolling.

– bc

UPDATE

The promised “more:”

Kind of experimental, doing a Q & A here. I’m doing it this way so I can take questions and respond between other duties today.

So please post, and I’ll respond to as many as I can. If questions repeat I’ll probably just answer one of ‘em.

And when I have to vamoose, I’ll let you know. I’ll be here on and off until roughly 4:30 EST; 1:30 PST.

Mmmmkay?

gracias,

bc

2nd UPDATE:

It’s about 5 PM EST, and I’ll have to leave soon. I’ll do my best to answer whatever questions are left for the next 15 minutes or so, but if I don’t get to yours, my apologies. It looks like i’ll have to leave a few out there, unanswered, lonely little question-marked orphans.

I’m sorry! I could’ve got more…I could’ve got more, if I’d just…I could’ve got more.. (hangs head.)

LAST UPDATE:

I have to go now or I am going to be in big trouble with my daughter. And that kid can do some serious damage when riled.

Thanks so much for showing up and talking about stuff, as well as things, with me. I really appreciate your interest… and I enjoyed horsing around with you-all. Very sorry if I left your question unattended to. Time management = not my specialty.

Come see us in San Francisco next month if you can, it’s going to be fun. Again, thank ye!

– bc / OVER & OUT

• 1 Drew on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:18 am

Hey Bill, Long time fan of MST3k here since 1992. First of all I want to say thanks for what you guys are doing at TFC and Rifftrax, Its awesome.

Your sense of Humor is wacky and crazy! When you were growing up, did you know you wanted to go into comedy? And if so what was your biggest comedy influence?

Thanks Drew

• 2 Bobo "BuckDat" Briggs on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:20 am

Hey, Bill. :) “What up?”

Always meant to ask one of you guys this before but always forgot. The Stingers on MST. How exactly were they picked? Were you guys usually on the same page about which was the obvious stinger? Any Thai Shin Wrestling involved?

• 3 BathTub on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:20 am

Come visit us in the chat room! We don’t bite,.. too much!

• 4 Gordon on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:21 am

Bill,

Likewise, I’m a big fan, and I just want to know:

how do I become a sexy humor machine like you?

• 5 Eddie Colton on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:21 am

Hi, Bill!

• 6 Defrostmode on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:21 am

what does your immediate/extended family think of what you do for a living?

• 7 David on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:22 am

What is keeping you busy, besides RiffTrax?

• 8 Marty (Gromit) on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:23 am

Bill,

Please explain “hair goats”?

As someone that can’t afford to lose any more hair it is a subject much on my mind since hearing about them during that platinum surfer dude movie.

• 9 Bobo "BuckDat" Briggs on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:24 am

Oh and sorry for calling you a Buttplug. :(

• 10 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:24 am

Hi Drew. Many thanks.

Wacky and crazy? Sorry, the proper word is “zany.”

Growing up I knew I wanted to be a writer, or at least knew I loved writing. Always gravitated to funny stuff, and sort of found the world ‘o comedy from there, and from doing lots of theater.

Influences? Always a tough question, ’cause I always remember more. But they include: Monty Python, Spy magazine, National Lampoon, Woody Allen, and of course, Tony Danza.

• 11 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:25 am

Sad confession:

I just learned this joint HAD a chat room yesterday.
    I;m not too bright.

• 12 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:26 am

Thai Shin Wrestling solved most of our disputes, of course, but…

There were usually a few obvious choices for stingers. We’d kind of write them down as we went through the movie.

And the one(s) we kept laughing about the most usually stuck.

• 13 SaucyRossy on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:28 am

Hey Bill,

I am not afraid to admit I have this odd fascination with your voice and delivery. There is something about the way you say “Electric Nachos?” or “Magneto!”.

Ok getting away from creepy fan area.

• 14 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:29 am

Thanks. “Sexy,” though? You have me confused with someone else.

More serious-wise: if you’re a writer, keep writing. There are many practical obstacles in the way of any kind of creative / silly work, but do your best to forge on.

And eat your broccoli. (sp?)

• 15 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:30 am

Hi back, Eddie “Eddie Colton” Colton.

• 16 BathTub on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:30 am

Well feel free to drop in anytime. http://forum.rifftrax.com/chat

• 17 Bobo "BuckDat" Briggs on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:32 am

Yeah i had an odd fascination with his voice and delivery once too, in that it wasnt on par with Trace’s….Hi-Hooooooo!

• 18 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:33 am

Mostly having two young children. I’m a semi- Mr. Mom type.

Also — writing a new screenplay. Starting work on a children’s book with a talented young illustrator.

Eating lots of root vegetables. Mostly that, actually.

• 19 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:33 am

Hair goats. Yes. Um.

(trying to remember)

• 20 Drew on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:34 am

Sorry Bill, I meant “zany” hehe.

I am also a Huge Monty Python Fan since I was wee little one.

by the way I also wanted to mention that I almost peed my pants (do they make medicine for that) from laughing so hard at the SW holiday Rifftrax.

Anyway thanks for chatting with us, its great to see you supporting your fanbase.

And now for something completely different……

• 21 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:34 am

Was it a joke in the Star Wars Death Day special?

I’m old and prone to forgetfulness. Context, por favor?

• 22 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:35 am

Glad to hear it, because I will soon be uploading my voice directly into your head.

I assume you have no problem with that.

• 23 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:36 am

Mom?

• 24 SaucyRossy on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:36 am

Yeah none at all..

• 25 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:38 am

Thanks. Are there snacks?

• 26 Kei on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:38 am

Ah, Bill. You give back so much to your fans. And yet, what do I have to offer you?

Admiration, I guess. A fanship for the ages.

Oh, and terror. Eye-burning, pant-wetting terror:

Also, my question (because I’ve earned it now): If you could were a superhero, what would your name/costume be? Oh, and go ahead and appoint yourself a sidekick, too.

Cheers!

• 27 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:38 am

I am slain.

(dies)

• 28 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:40 am

Yeah, I’ve seen that Pannish freakazoid before. Dear Lord.

Hero:

SITTINGINARECLINER-MAN.

Sidekick:

GETMEABEER-BOY.

• 29 Tim on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:41 am

Ok, I’m here. We can start the chat now…

• 30 wurwolf on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:41 am

Magneto? Cerebro!

• 31 Sampo on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:41 am

Hey, Bill! How is the little one enjoying the holiday season?

And who are you rooting for to play Dwalin in the Hobbit movie?

• 32 Drew on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:41 am

Bill , I brought some fresh deep fried gold, dipped in chocolate for the chatroom :)

• 33 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:41 am

They abandoned me as soon as I picked up a puppet. And I don’t blame them, really.

• 34 SaucyRossy on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:41 am

I was always more dissapointed that you didn’t have a mustache and a pony tail? I mean really what is wrong with you Bill?!?!!?

• 35 jonnyfrag on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:42 am

Are there any plans to have more Film Crew DVD releases in the future. I know the ones we have now were on the shelf for a bit but is it feasible to fire them back up?

• 36 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:43 am

Truly? My wife seems to find it interesting, but she knew I was into this madness when we got married.

My kids don’t care, being 2 and five months old, respectively, as long as I give them an occasional meal and the jump around like a gibbon to entertain them. (It doesn’t always work.)

• 37 jonnyfrag on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:44 am

Oh, and the Signal 30 thing was brilliant! More please!

• 38 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:44 am

Whew. Thought you were gonna leave me hanging.

• 39 Onil on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:45 am

Hello. Pleased to be chatting with you.

Are there any plans to riff on M. Night Shyamalan’s movies?

• 40 Marty (Gromit) on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:45 am

Sorry, I coudn’t think of a better question. It was a joke in Fantastic 4-2, when we first see Storm in her wedding dress with the wrap around her hair….

• 41 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:47 am

Hi Chris. The little guy is nicely oblivious to the holidays at this point. But he’s a happy fellow on just about any day.

As for Dwalin — I say Shaq. (And he’s already proven his mettle as an actor.)

• 42 Defrostmode on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:47 am

when will we hear more about “STARSHIP DAVE”?

• 43 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:48 am

Now drench it in Tabasco, and pass it over here.

• 44 Eddie Colton on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:48 am

Are you reading Harry Potter books to your kids yet, or vice versa?

• 45 Defrostmode on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:50 am

haha nice to know

my kids love watching MST’s and riffs with me. (and for me to jump around like a gibbon, but they all enjoy that)

• 46 BathTub on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:51 am

Hmm I am sure Erik could whip something up!

• 47 Tim on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:51 am

Bill, what should I make of the report that you, Kevin and Mike are rumored to have used performance-enhancing drugs?

(I’m using this chat as a warm-up should I ever find myself sitting next to Roger Clemens at Applebee’s)

• 48 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:51 am

Re Film Crew, the:

It’s complicated for various and sundry reasons, including the fact that we shot the first four in 2005, then thought they were dead for a while. And yes, we wept.

In the meantime Mike teamed up with Legend to create Rifftrax, and brought his baggage (me and Kevin) along.

I’ll try to add more detail to this answer after I get to a few more Qs. Stay tuned.

• 49 James of LinHood on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:52 am

If no one else is going to ask it then I will.

Bill, if you, Kevin, and Mike got into a fist fight, who would win?

• 50 Tim on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:53 am

So, basically, you’re asking which one of them is the “Moe” of the group?

• 51 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:54 am

Thanks.

Look in today’s Annoucements. We have a Christmas short up, wherein (I believe) a young John Wayne Gacy plays St. Nick.

Ooh, too dark.

Anyways, we’ll be doing more shorts for the streaming DivX thingie. I always love doing them, since my attention span is tragically short. (Roughly 7 seconds.)

• 52 Eddie Colton on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:55 am

Have you ever thought of doing video intros or skits for some of the rifftraxes? Mike’s office is like my new favorite sitcom set.

You can have that idea for free. THAT one.

• 53 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:55 am

I think we’ve considered them, and may yet still do them.

The main thing we’re worried about is that cripes, they can be sloooowwwwwwwwww.

But who knows, may get around to Em Knight one of these decades.

• 54 WaffleTron on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:57 am

Hey Bill,

I’m wondering what your current favorite television shows are, and what you (and the rest of the Film Crew) think of Cinematic Titanic? ALSO, Bill, I’m curious if you guys (not the multiple yous, but you, Mike, Kevin) have ever tried playing a Wii and how that went… or didn’t go. Also, whats the past tense form of the word “kangaroo”? Chapter End.

-Andrew/Hammock

• 55 jewishcarpenter on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:57 am

BILL CORBETT,

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ‘TOP SECRET’. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF GOODS INTO OUR COUNTRY WITH FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED FUNDS.

THE SOURCE OF THIS FUND IS AS FOLLOWS; DURING THE LAST MILITARY REGIME HERE IN NIGERIA, THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SET UP COMPANIES AND AWARDED THEMSELVES CONTRACTS WHICH WERE GROSSLY OVER-INVOICED IN VARIOUS MINISTRIES. THE PRESENT CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT SET UP A CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A LOT OF INFLATED CONTRACT FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY FLOATING IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA READY FOR PAYMENT.

HOWEVER, BY VIRTUE OF OUR POSITION AS CIVIL SERVANTS AND MEMBERS OF THIS PANEL, WE CANNOT ACQUIRE THIS MONEY IN OUR NAMES. I HAVE THEREFORE, BEEN DELEGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY MY COLLEAGUES OF THE PANEL TO LOOK FOR AN OVERSEAS PARTNER INTO WHOSE ACCOUNT WE WOULD TRANSFER THE SUM OF US$21,320,000.00(TWENTY ONE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND U.S DOLLARS). HENCE WE ARE WRITING YOU THIS LETTER. WE HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THE MONEY THUS; 1. 20% FOR THE ACCOUNT OWNER 2. 70% FOR US (THE OFFICIALS) 3. 10% TO BE USED IN SETTLING TAXATION AND ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES. IT IS FROM THE 70% THAT WE WISH TO COMMENCE THE IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

PLEASE,NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% SAFE AND WE HOPE TO COMMENCE THE TRANSFER LATEST SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIOM BY TEL/FAX; 555-1-8675309, YOUR COMPANY’S SIGNED, AND STAMPED LETTERHEAD PAPER THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL ENABLE US WRITE LETTERS OF CLAIM AND JOB DESCRIPTION RESPECTIVELY. THIS WAY WE WILL USE YOUR COMPANY’S NAME TO APPLY FOR PAYMENT AND RE-AWARD THE CONTRACT IN YOUR COMPANY’S NAME.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE ABOVE TEL/FAX NUMBERS. I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PENDING PROJECT WHEN I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

jewishcarpenter

NOTE; PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (VE/S/09/99) IN ALL YOUR RESPONSES. I LIKED YOUR PRETTY GOLD HEADED FRIEND AS WELL.

• 56 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:57 am

STARSHIP DAVE comes out at the end of 2008.

It’s been out of my hands for a long time now, so… I don’t know what to tell you. Might be fun, or it might be a future Rifftrax.

Then the time-space continuum will finally collapse, as riffer becomes riff-ed. BWAHAHAHAHA!

(urp.)

• 57 Kleenex on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:59 am

I really should be asleep (I work the graveyard shift) but since I’m not I’ve got to take the opportunity to ask you a question so here goes.

When you joined the cast of MST3K full time, did you have to endure any kind of ritualistic freshman hazing? Apart from the expected “I hate Crow T Robot’s new voice” fan mail?

Also, what on earth were you searching for when you came up with that box of Pork Faggots? Just what are you typing into Google for search terms?

• 58 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 11:59 am

No, my kids are just little sprouts. Two years old, and five months.

My daughter is more into Curious George and Blue’s Clues, et al., and my son is more into chewing on books. (As am I, to be fair.)

• 59 Trevor on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:00 pm

Hey Bill,

I’ve been a huge fan of you and the guys from the beginnings of MST3k. I *LOVE* Rifftracks and I had a quick question. How are you guys doing? With the “zany” world of the MPAA and the business model you guys have adapted, how’s it working out for you? Don’t need specifics just a “IT’S REALLY GOING AWESOME!” or “I’VE HAD TO SELL MY HOUSE” would suffice. I plan on supporting you guys in this endeavor as I have in most of your other ones. Just don’t want my heart broken again when you guys leave yahknow?

• 60 Marty (Gromit) on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:00 pm

Better question:

Having done some ameture glass blowing how does one turn pro? Or are the competitions all at the ameture level (like the Olympics used to be)?

• 61 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:00 pm

It’s ALLLL true. We took human growth hormone to make our heads larger.

Stunningly effective.

• 62 Eddie Colton on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:02 pm

I was wondering if you have a favorite… thing… you wrote during MST3K.

• 63 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Videos, skits… we love doing them. With digi-vomit, or without.

But it’s a whole other level of production. We couldn’t kick out the Rifftraxeseseses as fast, and…

Truly, it’s getting to the point where we’re too hideous to be on camera. (Except Mike.) (And maybe Kevin.)

• 64 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:04 pm

Many Qs. I’ll do me best. Hold on.

• 65 SaucyRossy on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:04 pm

You are wrong Bill. Kevin is extremely hideous when wearing women’s nighties.

• 66 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:05 pm

Emailing you my credit card info now.

Take whatever you need.

• 67 Onil on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:05 pm

Hmmm, if only there were a way to do skits and yet not be on camera at the same time…

• 68 Drew on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:07 pm

There is always Rumors about Sci-fi Channel, and Mike has made it know at times how he was treated there.

What was your experience with the big shots at Sci-FI Channel?

I mean they clearly made the right “Call” I see their Saturdays are mostly replaced with horrible movies that even MST and rifftrax would not want to touch.

• 69 WaffleTron on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:08 pm

You guys should just hire a Flash animator… me, to make new TimmyBigHands shorts.

…and you thought we’d forgotten alllll about ol’ TBH. I just wish I could Apologize to Steve even more.

• 70 Drew on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:08 pm

know = known

• 71 jewishcarpenter on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:08 pm

I THANK YOU GOOD FRIEND, WE VERY MUCH MONEY MAKE! BLESSINGS UPON YOU.

• 72 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:09 pm

Favorite TV: I don’t watch a lot, which I realize is a cliche in itself now, but… my wife and I usually Netflix movies when we have a chance. But (and probably none of these will surprise you) we occasionally TivVo:

– The Office.
    – Simpsons, Family Guy.
    – 30 Rock. (never thought it would be funny, but…I larf.)
    – Daily Show.
    – Sopranos
    – Mad Men.
    – Big Love.
    – Blue’s Clues. (my daughter rules our TV. And man,I’ve really gotten into it!)

maybe I’ll think of more in a moment.

• 73 Robyn on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:09 pm

Hi Bill! ^_^

…Uhhhh sorry, I can’t think of any questions. Just wanted to say keep up the good work. You rock.

Oh! I missed the boat on the whole nicknames thing, do you think you have one more in ya for me? Or is “Robyn” nickname-y enough?

• 74 Veronica on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:11 pm

Hi Bill,

Did you ever eat at the Cosmic Diner on 57th? I was eating a very delicious bagel there one morning, and I saw a great photo of the MST3k crew. Mary Jo says she loves it there.

Who wouldn’t? You can order a bagel and mashed potatoes at any time of day… and they don’t ask questions!!

-V

• 75 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:11 pm

tough one, and i’m sure my answers would vary depending on what my addled brain remembered.

But I liked the way the Canada Song turned out, for the Rowsdower flick.

Maybe i’ll think of more.

And maybe i’ll just think of bacon. (yes, that’s better…bacon.)

• 76 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:13 pm

– Never played a Wii. But I’m very unhip. VERY. Still working on an abacus to do my taxes.

– Past tense of “kangaroo” is “clown.”

• 77 "Digits" on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:14 pm

Hi Bill, would you like some chocolate? I’ll totally share… :)

• 78 wurwolf on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:17 pm

57th & 8th Avenue? I work a mere 7 blocks down 8th Avenue and so will have to make the journey to see their picture. The promise of a delicious bagel only makes it that much more enticing.

• 79 Edgewriter on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:18 pm

Two questions.

Is Connor Disembaudio?
    How often do you guys get together to record rifftrax? The logistics seem daunting.

• 80 Andrew on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:19 pm

What book(s) are you reading right now? Do you play guitar? What was the first album you ever bought? Do you have a favorite breakfast cereal? Have you ever thought about going vegetarian? What was the first car you ever owned? Who was the first girl you ever kissed? Any major fears we should know about?

Sorry to get all personal. You’re just someone who has made me (and everyone above me) laugh for years and years. It feels nice to know that the person who has brought us such laughter likes Cracklin’ Oat Bran, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or Wheaties, as the case may be.

• 81 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:20 pm

Re the Titanic — well, they’re friends and former colleagues. An incredibly talented bunch. I’m sure they’ll come up with something great.

But since they’re also competition now, and have tried to pretend that we don’t exist, we will have to crush them like insects. In a friendly, loving way, of course. (I’d go so far as to say a nurturing way.)

Expect an announcement soon. It’ll be fun.

And it will involve Bonesaw. (Who is, as he always makes clear, ready.)

• 82 Tim on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:22 pm

I’m off to work. I was hoping to last until Bill keeled over from answering all these questions, but the old guy is showing surprising stamina.

Later, everyone!

• 83 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:23 pm

The ritualistic hazing never stopped for me. Right up until the last day of shooting.

It involved wearing a hat made of live animals. That’s all I can say about it now, or I’ll…

(sobs.)

• 84 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:24 pm

You know, I’m blissfully oblivious of the business side of Rifftrax / Legend Films. And they’re wise not to let me anywhere near that.

• 85 WaffleTron on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:24 pm

It’s me, again. I just have to say this is totally making my day. I’ve been a fan of MST3K since 1998 and remember my very first encounter with the show was The Touch of Satan. Fond memories. By the year 2000, I’d already accumulated the entire series on either VHS or the ALL NEW DVD FORMAT. Thanks for all the laughs.

If I traveled back to the year 2000 and told myself I’d get to talk to you and have brief chats, I’d have flipped out and probably thrown something at my other self. So yeah, this is awesome. Thank you.

Also, my brother thinks its funny how you all (literally the entire cast of MST3K) has embraced the internet. In the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide, Mike had made a comment about the internet and how it was unlikely they’d ever go there cuz it’s weird no one really gos there or something. How times have changed.

-Andrew/Hammock

• 86 wurwolf on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:25 pm

What is your opinion regarding Dirty Jobs? Are you amused or irritated by the fact that they’ve run out of dirty jobs and are reduced to showing endless clip shows? Also, do you find Mike Rowe sexy as all hell, as I do?

• 87 Defrostmode on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:25 pm

How come you guys don’t come to [insert small town name here] to do a live rifftrax so I can go to it?

• 88 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:27 pm

I do know the biz model is somewhat unknown territory, but I also know that the Legend honchos are smart guys.

So… for now, I think all is well. Long-term is impossible to predict in the comedy-arts-entertainment-goofy stuff industry.

If anyone knew for sure, in advance, what would work out, they’d pretty much own the world by now. (for better or worse — I wouldn’t want to be saddled with it)

• 89 WaffleTron on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:27 pm

-I accidentally posted this in a response to someone else when it was meant to be a new post, and there’s no way to delete comments. Hopefully I won’t do that again. Sorry if I do-

-Andrew/Hammock

• 90 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Re Sci-Fi:

Not sure what rumors are out there. Or Rumors (I assume you were in Fleetwood Mac?) (<—– old guy joke)

• 91 RVR II on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:29 pm

Hey Bill!
    I Finally got the internet connected down here at our vacation home in Mexico finally after a week of being here.
    Mucho Cervezas & Tequilas have made it hard to remember a lot of it..

Can you do me a favor and twist Mike’s arm a bit to get you, him & Kev to riff DUNE (the original 1984 version) sometime in 2008? That’s my only ‘X-mas’ wish for the new year.

Thanks, and I’ll drink a few more for you guys this evening!

• 92 "Digits" on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:29 pm

Mike Rowe is a sexy bitch.

• 93 Robyn on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:32 pm

• 94 Eddie Colton on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:33 pm

Gotta go. See ya around, Bill “Fedora” Corbett. Before I do, any advice on riffing Batman & Robin? Besides purchasing therapy in advance?

• 95 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:34 pm

More re Sci-Fi:

I was only writing on the show at Comedy Central for a heartbeat, so I didn’t have much to contrast the Sci-Fi experience with.

But like with any network or studio, etc., power was always changing hands. We liked a lot of the people we started out with there.

And for the most part, the people who cancelled MST3K were people we never saw or met with. In the upper offices, kept away from puppet-wielding goons from Minnesota.

We did have a while where we got “notes” on the scripts, which was painful, since the show had run beautifully for years without ‘em. And the people we got notes from were….well, not funny. So that was a headache.

But after a while, we gave them enough lip, and ignored them enough, they just kind of… stopped.

It was kind of absurd, taking a show that had worked like a charm and having a bunch of people who didn’t know (or it seemed, particularly like) it give pages of notes. But that’s show biz. We did a pretty good job pushing against it, I think.

• 96 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:34 pm

You are

HITCHCOCK.

• 97 wurwolf on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:35 pm

Mmmm….. oh, yes. Lord knows I love it when he’s got to change from his street clothes into some sort of wet suit or protective clothing.

• 98 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:36 pm

I have eaten at the Cosmic Diner! I’m a transplanted Brooklyn guy, and worked in Manhattan for a long time.

I love those NYC diners. Open all night, any food you want. And I want it all, always.

• 99 "Digits" on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:36 pm

GRR Baby!

• 100 WaffleTron on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:36 pm

Oh man, more questions. Sorry, I’ll try not eat up as much space this time. I just gotta know- have you considered doing either Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Movie or Super Mario Bros. The Movie for Rifftrax? I’d melt… (but I’d be ok)

• 101 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:37 pm

Yes. Please send it as an attachment to my email:

corbettwantschocolate@sweettooth.edu

Please include a napkin, too.

• 102 wurwolf on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:38 pm

Tell me you love Two Boots pizza. TELL ME!

If you come back to NYC I’ll totally pony up for a Larry Tate, Mr. Pink or Big Maybelle.

• 103 "Digits" on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:38 pm

Insert BOISE IDAHO here :) cause I’m selfish.

• 104 SaucyRossy on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:38 pm

You are the funniest member of us all. I love you RVR.

• 105 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:38 pm

I cannot reveal Dis’s human “host.”

When the robots take over (and they will!), I want him to be merciful.

• 106 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Old guy?!

Get off my lawn!!!!!!!

• 107 "Digits" on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Conflict free chocolate, I promise!

• 108 Kodiakthejuggler on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:40 pm

Hey Bill,

YOU ROCK!

that is all.

• 109 Isaac S. on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:40 pm

Consider this seconded!

• 110 MattTheRicker on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:40 pm

Hi Bill,

I have several questions. What is your favorite brand of beer? What about your favorite drink overall?

What are the best nachos that you have ever eaten? What was on them?

What about the best book you have ever read/eaten? What was on/in it?

• 111 Robyn Hitchcock on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Bitchin’!

• 112 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Dirty jobs, eh? I’m not impressed.

When he sits down and watches “Space Mutiny” eight times in a row, then he MIGHT get my respect.

• 113 Kodiakthejuggler on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Hey Bill,

YOU ROCK!!

that is all.

• 114 Natureboy (Ken) on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:43 pm

Bill,
    I have two questions:
    It seems you personally have been doing commentaries at a much more frequent clip than you were before. Does this have anything to do with the fact Cinematic Titanic has now arrived on the scene?

And two:
    Do you get to select some movies for riffing that you personally would like to do or is Mike acting the diva and putting your suggestions put in file 13? :)

• 115 RVR II on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:43 pm

THX Ross. Gee you’re swell.

• 116 Bobo "BuckDat" Briggs on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:43 pm

Hey, Bill. It’s Mom again. Sorry for killing you but have you seen http://www.kittywigs.com ?

• 117 YoohooRiffer on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:43 pm

Mr. Corbett,

First of all thank you for taking the time to answer the questions of your fans. I think it really shows how deserving you are of the fan base that you have achieved.

I wish I had a compelling question to ask of you, however I find myself with nothing. Merely I’d like to congratulate you for your part in bringing the art and comedic style of riffing into main stream society. You have a gift, sir and it makes the world a better place.

Thanks for all you do.

• 118 Isaac S. on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:43 pm

• 119 Drew on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:44 pm

Bastards ! they should be made to eat Pork Faggots! and watch RiverDance for an eternity! hehe

• 120 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:45 pm

Live shows are just about my favorite thing in the world, besides the Baconater. They’re tremendous fun, and it’s great to meet actual people after the show.

We’d all love to do more, but… (and you knew there was a “but”)… we’re not in a position to produce them ourselves right now. It’ s a bear of a job, and it would mean doing fewer Rifftraxeseseseseseses.

The reason we wind up in San Francisco, besides Kevin’s drag act, is that the S.F. Sketchfest invite us. They’re wonderful people, and we love hanging out with ‘em. But they do all the nitty-gritty producing work we can’t do right now.

• 121 SaucyRossy on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:46 pm

I love this chat. It reminds me of what Bill Simmons does every month. Speaking of which Bill Simmons would be GREAT for a Sports movie riffing or any cheesy 80’s movie.

• 122 Drew on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:46 pm

Last Post for me Bill and I am off to work. can I good sir, Be graced with a nickname or moniker of such?

• 123 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:47 pm

“Hmm I am sure Erik could whip something up!”

Don’t give Erik a whip. Just… don’t. Please.

• 124 Defrostmode on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:48 pm

how does a group go about inviting you all and *ahem* how much money am I going to have to embezzle to make it happen?

• 125 Veronica on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:48 pm

Brooklyyyn! Suddenly I picture Bill rolling with some Bed Stuy hoodlums tagging walls and mugging people for milk money :)

• 126 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Ah yes. Jessica Elbow’s wwedding tiara.

Just a visual, albeit a very weird one. (Which are my favorite. Which is why I’m gonna bring the Rifftrax franchise crashing down, man.)

• 127 Jim Dandy on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Dear Bill,

Since Rifftrax has given you more influence than Oprah, when will you start a book club and endorse a presidential candidate?

Yours,
    Jim Dandy

• 128 jewishcarpenter on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:51 pm

I will have to agree with Digits. So far that’s like 2 people for Boise. If we both paid $3 you can make an easy $6 for the visit. I’m sure I can get a couple more to pay $3.

• 129 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:51 pm

“Will this “announcement” consist of challenging the Cinematic Titanic gang to a three-minute brawl steel cage match? Where everyone has to make their own crappy costumes? ‘Cause otherwise I’m just not interested.”

You’re close. But…

“Can we just leave out the costumes, though? I fear what Kevin might come up with. The word crotchless comes to mind.”

…This is also true. And yes, “crotchless” is a word that often comes to Kevin’s mind.

He’s getting help, I hear.

• 130 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:52 pm

Bay Ridge, actually.

Home of (giggle) “Saturday Night Fever.” True.

• 131 wurwolf on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:54 pm

Or shopping at the bodegas on Knickerbocker Avenue.

• 132 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Yes, the internet. I’m not so sure we’ve embraced it, as much as it has engulfed us all. Heh.

Actually, it’s a lot more welcoming now than when we went through that spell of madness we called Timmybighands.com. That was in the weird gold rush days of the Interwebby, way back in the last millenium. The technology is better now, so that rubes like me can do stuff.

• 133 Captain Hygiene on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Bill,
    re: your “Mr. Mom” comment above, will you, in fact, be portrayed by Michael Keaton in the next Rifftrax commentary?

• 134 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:57 pm

Roving Vampire Rocket,

Have fun down there. Have some drinks on me, but don’t puke in my honor. Flattering as it is, you’l feel yucky in the AM.

Arriba!

• 135 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Mother, stop. Just…just stop.

• 136 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:00 pm

Re Batman & Robert:

Just make sure you avert your eyes from time to time, or else you’ll believe all hope is lost. About everything, ever.

About riffing, per se — hmmm. Just make yourself and your colleagues laugh. That’s about the extent of my wisdom. If you get a chuckle — or better yet, a chortle – -from your fellow riffers, there’s usually something there.

Also, wear pants while riffing.

• 137 torgosPizza on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:01 pm

Bill, speaking of Timmy Big Hands, if you guys ever want to put that up in some kind of archivey format that works .. I might know a guy who’s into doing websites and such. :)

• 138 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Oh — re DUNE:

I’ll look into it. Haven’t seen it since… 1984, as it turns out. Kyle McLwhatever’s best performance until SHOWGIRLs, right?

Sometimes we balk on a movie more because its availability to people buying the riff is dubous. Like, can you walk into (shudder) Blockbuster and get it easily? If not, we’re not too keen, except in certain Wookie-infested cases.

• 139 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:05 pm

“I’d melt… (but I’d be ok)”

Not enough. I expect you to Stop the World, AND Melt. With Me, that is.

I’ll look into those movies. But please know that if you’ve suggested it, the crack* Rifftrax staff either has, or is, considering it.

(*addicted)

• 140 RVR II on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:05 pm

So far, so good.. Heavy doses of Tequila and Mezcal this past week with No hang overs the next day.
    I have no idea how or why, but I won’t test my tollerances behind the wheel. Not the way these people drive down here.
    VIVA EL BURACHOS!!!

• 141 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:08 pm

Gosh. Thanks, very nice of you.

Um…

I like pie.

(hides, embarrassed.)

• 142 Veronica on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:09 pm

[i]Bay Ridge, actually.

Home of (giggle) “Saturday Night Fever.” True.[/i]

Well I think that’s a pretty fair amount of street cred.

Happy Holidays, Bill – I posted a Crimmus card for you and the guys: http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,6554.0.html

• 143 Jinto on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:10 pm

So let me see here. We have Alfred Hitchcock, and Robyn Hitchcock. Now all we need is Batman Hitchcock and a new suspense-parody about a crime-fighting duo and their butler can be realised.

• 144 RVR II on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:12 pm

re DUNE:

Maybe I offended him with that request..

Haven’t stepped foot into a blockbuster in a couple of years, but it is on Netflix (hint hint)

Thanks again

• 145 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:12 pm

I love many, many a beer. A bit too much, alas. I’m a non-drinker now, and have been for about six years. I miss my beer-friend, but life is saner.

Best nachos? I ate them at the Pentagon. Covered in fiberglass and eggs.

Best book? Oh dear, that’s a big question. I do remember that Robert’s Rules of Order was delicious, as were the works of Saul Bellow.

• 146 "Digits" on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:15 pm

BOISE!
    i heart Boise, i really do.
    I’m heading over to Dawson Taylor for some coffee…
    mmmm.

• 147 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:17 pm

Sorry, missed this one…

Reading right now: AMERICAN PASTORAL by Phillip Roth.

First album: ABBEY ROAD, by some English guys who never went very far.

Um… Honey Bunches of Dodge Aspens…….I can’t keep up…

• 148 Andrew on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:20 pm

It all makes sense now.

• 149 Max Keller on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:20 pm

Bill,

In the old days of MST3K, there were two standout films that were featured. Those would be, of course, Master Ninja I and Master Ninja II. Apparently, there are others (presumably Master Ninja III, etc.). Is there any chance that you guys would riff any of the Master Ninja sequels?

• 150 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:20 pm

Thanks.

I think if we did a sports movie, the Sklar Bros. might have first dibs.

Did you know that there are actually three sets of Sklar twins, all identical? True! They’re actually Sklar septuplets.

(go, rumor, go! FLY through the internet, with all haste!)

• 151 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:21 pm

You are

LUNCHPAIL.

• 152 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:25 pm

It’s true, we’ve pretty much eaten Oprah’s lunch, haven’t we? (And believe me, she does NOT like that.)

So yeah, time to wield our vast political clout.

Rifftrax officially endorses SAMMY HAGAR for President.

See, he can’t drive 55. And neither can we, damn it. We’ve tried. We’re physically incapable.

(as for book club….um, read The Bridges of Madison County. Yeah. We’ll meet next year.)

• 153 SaucyRossy on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:25 pm

I heard the Sklars actually create more Sklars using a form of Mitosis!

• 154 YoohooRiffer on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Alright after talking it over with the people in the chat I’ve got a deep and meaningful question for you.

If you could be any kind of metal and/or alloy, what kind would you be?

P.S. Happy Holidays.

• 155 Onil on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:26 pm

I loved American Pastoral.

Who would win in a three way Texas strap match between Phillip Roth, Cormac McCarthy and E.L. Doctorow?

• 156 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:28 pm

I’ll be portrayed by Michael Keaton, yes.

But he, in turn, will be portrayed by Scott Bakula.

Who will portrayed by Garth Brooks.

So it’s complicated, as you can see.

• 157 el gaucho on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:30 pm

is teh thing stop? no is?
    Would you, as a Fedora, like to stroke more puppets?
    Billy Squier would be proud!

Wait don’t run away, I kid, I kid. Please continue to be your fine funny self, and ascerb all over more movies!

• 158 John H. on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Here’s a question for you: what on earth is the fascination with the Shnappi song? And is there any antidote for it? The outcome of my big-budget Hollywood action script depends upon your answer.

• 159 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:33 pm

Most Master Ninjas! Oh please. Next you’ll be telling me they’re making a sequel to Hobgoblins.

More serious-ish: I’m sure any of the MN’s (as I like to call ‘em) would be excellent riff fodder. The challenge, as I said above, is — can enough people find copies?

Now that Rifftrax has streaming video, we will be trying to work in older material, as we can. We’re all chomping at the bit to do it. Not sure if MN 3-17 would give us rights, but we’ll see.

The streaming service opens up new vistas of possibilities. Horizons, even. Sunrises, if you will. (You won’t? I understand.)

• 160 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:33 pm

Tungsten.

• 161 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Hey, I never stroked that puppet! You can’t prove I did!

• 162 BEERxTaco on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Any more Film Crew DVDs planned?

• 163 el gaucho on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:34 pm

Wait! I squandered my question!
    Would you all consider doing a Rifftrax live in the Midwest, maybe Chicago?
    All the SF Sketchfest is cool, esp w/ you guys and Kids in the Hall and Tim and Eric and Conchords people and some Mr Show people I think?
    (runs out of breath)
    Or maybe I should just move out to that coast? That should be easier.

• 164 Isaac S. on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:36 pm

Bill, do you think you’ve got one more nickname left in you?

• 165 trumpysmagicsnout on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:37 pm

Hi Bill,

Jaws 3D or Jaws 4? This is important!

• 166 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Mother Nature’s Son,

I don’t think the pace of commentaries has anything to do with CT, unless someone’s keeping something from me*. Lots of this stuff — i.e. streaming video — was in the works long before those Rifftrax wannabes (taunt! taunt! booooyah!) announced their maiden voyage.

(*which is possible, since they often leave for lunch without me. Most days, it seems.)

• 167 abyssgazer on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:39 pm

I agree with you regarding “wait for it”, but don’t find at least as annoying the endless variations of “So-and-so-y McSo-and-So”?

• 168 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:39 pm

(what’s the rest of that equation? BEERxTaco = ?)

• 169 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:39 pm

You are

PLANKTON

• 170 jonnyfrag on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:39 pm

Bill, could you please ask Mike about my socks again? He knows what I mean.

• 171 Captain Hygiene on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:40 pm

Pff, you’ve lost a sale.

And gained one.

And lost one.

So, erm…good to know then!

• 172 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:41 pm

Erik…

“I might know a guy who’s into doing websites and such.”

You mean that guy who dresses up in Peter Pan costumes, right?

• 173 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:43 pm

I’d win any fistfight between the three of us, as I would have the good sense to bring a weapon.

Mike and Kevin believe in rules, and stuff… Feh!

• 174 BEERxTaco on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:43 pm

= The Unstoppable Force ;)

• 175 WaffleTron on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:43 pm

That’s a link to a kind of wonky, but still operating TimmyBigHands.com, courtesy of the The Wayback Machine. Some images won’t load and the games/movies are dead, but everything else should work. This is for anyone interested. My personal favorites were the Reviews and the Syrup Wars.

You’re probably done responding (at least to me) so once again, thanks for taking the time today to talk to us fans.

• 176 Jim Dandy on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:43 pm

If you were starting a band doing original 3 minute roots rock style tunes, what would you do to get yourself booked as a live act around the major metropolitan area you live in?

• 177 ReptilianSamurai on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:44 pm

First of all, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond to us. I just wanted to chime in and say that I really love The Film Crew and am sad to hear that it probably won’t continue. Rifftrax is a great concept, but it lacks the complete package you get with TFC. I love the host segments, seeing the three of you goofing around, or doing movie-related skits that really add to the humor value in the movies.

A question that has to be asked, what with Cinematic Titanic bringing many of your former MST-compatriots back into the riffing game, any chances of a full-on re-union? I understand it couldn’t be under the MST3K banner, but it would be fantastic to have such a group of talented and witty individuals riffing together again.

Thanks for your time.

• 178 Isaac S. on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:44 pm

Well, geez, Lamey McKillJoy, who peed in your Honey Bunches of Dodge Aspens?

• 179 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:46 pm

Re the Schnappi song:

The obsession with it was well under way before I did my first Rifftrax with Mike. So I sympathize.

I would have gone with a cartoon Belgian turtle, myself.

• 180 BoB3K on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:47 pm

Bill, thanks for doing this. It was a cool. Make more Film Crew DVDs.

Oh, and, uh, what is your favorite, uh, thing, for you know, uh, you would use it when you, uh, stuff.

• 181 abyssgazer on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:48 pm

Whizzy McLeakerson.

• 182 Isaac S. on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:49 pm

I love it!

• 183 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:49 pm

Chicago!? City of Big Shoulders? ! Hog Butcher of the World?!

Yes, we’d love to play Chi-town. Though I’d leave my pet hog at home.

Actually, Kevin and I are right up I-94, so that would just be a short drive through all 10,000 miles of Wisconsin.

• 184 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:52 pm

“= The Unstoppable Force “

Well-played, sir. Well-played. (Applauds, and not that “polite” golf clap Nelson referenced in a recent blog entry. I mean real, hearty, frankly exhausting, applause.)

Re Film Crew — I started an answer about it upthread, then tried to get to a few more Qs. But I’ll add more detail before I go today.

So look up there, somewheres or other.

• 185 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:54 pm

Jaws I-i: 2 x A (x) + 5 has always been my fave.

• 186 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:56 pm

He stole yours too? That man needs counseling.

It’s even weirder when he gives them back, as a little “gift,’ all bedecked with purple ribbons and weird markings, then cries if you don’t seem pleased.

I’m a little scared, frankly.

• 187 Sam on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Hey Bill,
    what MST3K episodes do you want to be on the next Rhino set?

• 188 jonnyfrag on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:57 pm

I KNEW IT!

• 189 chris (smiley) on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Hi Bill,
    How are the “Film Crew” Dvd’s doing? Plans for more?
    You guys have great comedic timing, which is great to watch. It’s also fun to see (more accurately, hear) Mike Dodge.
    I’m a big fan, Happy Holidays.

• 190 jonnyfrag on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:58 pm

Refer to the ask Mike episode 2 or 3 I believe for the genesis of this exchange

• 191 Captain Hygiene on Dec 20, 2007 at 1:59 pm

Oh, and am I too late to jump on the nickname bandwagon?

Pretty please?

• 192 trumpysmagicsnout on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:00 pm

You heard it here first folks, the next Rifftrax!

• 193 Brak on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Hey Bill! Thanks so much for the years of laughter you and the guys have brought me, and continue to bring! I dont really have a question, just wanted to say thanks and i cant wait for the next rifftrax. You guys are awesome!

• 194 wurwolf on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:04 pm

I realize that I have already asked a question, but this is for my friend, Tork_110. He would like to know what your thoughts are regarding Nuveena, the sultry temptress from Design for Dreaming.

Also, what do you think about incandescent light bulbs?

• 195 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:04 pm

“I was always more dissapointed that you didn’t have a mustache and a pony tail?”

Believe me, no one is more ashamed of that than myself.

I’ve failed you all.

• 196 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:06 pm

“Magneto? Cerebro!”

It’s you, isn’t it Kevin? Sorry, you can’t play!

• 197 BBQ Platypus on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:07 pm

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?

• 198 Daniel on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:15 pm

Hi Bill,

I’m curious as to why no rifftrax has been done for any movie starring Charlton Heston. I mean, Planet of the Apes, The Omega Man, Soylent Green (it’s people, but the way), Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments, Touch of Evil (yep, he’s a Mexican alright), Earthquake. These are movies that are vritually begging to be made fun of, and can easily be found in your average BlockBuster. So please, one Charlton Heston movie?

Also, who is the closet Asia fan?

• 199 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:17 pm

OK, about an hour later… More on the Film Crew, since the others peoples, they are as well asking, too, in addition to yourself.

Mas:

We are still talking to Shout!!!! Factory!!!!!!!! about doing some more, though it’s not certain what form it would take.
    Fer instance — we already, um, disposed of the set, so there’s that.

The Shout!!!!!!!!!! people have been great, and we’re still in touch, and talking biz. But we’d have a lot to figure out to make it happen again. I.E., how would it work with Rifftrax, or not? Big question at present.

We had a great time doing the Film Crew DVDs. For a while it was like a reunion, what with Jeff Stonehouse, Beez McKeever, and Brad Keeley working with us. We had a blast, even though we were making it up as we went.

But the very-delayed released really hurt the momentum. We had to move onto other stuff. Actually, Shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!! Factory were the heroes for picking it up and releasing it at all, after it had been run through the mill by Rhino and Best Brains.

So… never say never, but it has its challenges. I think we all miss the old movies, and doing the li’l skits, but there may be a way to do that yet. We’ll see. Even if we did bring back Flim Crew, we’d probably want to learn from the first flight of releases, and do a few things differently — i.e., shorter skits in general, more fun DVD extras.

Such an exegesis. You’d think I was talking about the Middle East crisis. Gee whiz.

Thanks for being interested, though. it’s always flattering, and always appreciated.

• 200 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:20 pm

“Tell me you love Two Boots pizza. TELL ME!

TWO BOOTS?!?!

I actually can tell you, in all honesty, that I do love that place.

I grew up in Bay Ridge, near the Verrazano Bridge, but I lived for a few years in Park Slope after college. What a great time. My apt. was just a couple of blocks from Two Boots.

I’m suddenly hungry.

• 201 Nario on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:21 pm

Hey

• 202 jonnyfrag on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:22 pm

Rock on brother, rock on. Thanks for doing this…
    Maybe a semi-regular thing? Suggest it to the rest of the guys too…

• 203 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:23 pm

“Thanks for the help. Mike told me he’d look into it as well.. That was back in September of 06 and, well.. no response since then.
    Maybe I offended him with that request…”

Mike is still very offended, yes. He talks of little else, and it…well, it enrages him, is the word I think.

Careful, the Danish are slow to anger, but their wrath is great.

Or is that their pastry that’s great? Something like that.

• 204 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:26 pm

The “So-and-So Mc(Blank)” thing is past its expiration date,* yes.

(*as set by the Coolness in Catcthphrases Act of 1977, based on the national “You turkey!” crisis.)

• 205 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:27 pm

I prefer things to stuff, as a rule. Call me crazy, but… heck, I’m a maverick.

• 206 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Sam, I think any episode of MST3000 is jam-packed with good fun. I actually have nothing to do with what gets on ‘em, though.

And sadly, we former writers don’t make a cent off them or anything put out by Best Brains, so it’s hard to get too excited when they’re released. We’re all proud of the work, but most things having to do with MST3K have been made a little bittersweet.

(and the violins swell up….)

• 207 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:32 pm

Mike Dodge is a very funny guy, yeah, with a truly amazing voice.

I tried to answer the Film Crew Qs as best I could upthread. Point your peepers up there.

• 208 torgosPizza on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:32 pm

Thanks to Bill for making “Pork faggots” a household name for many of us!

• 209 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:33 pm

You are

MALT-O-MEAL.

• 210 Rufus T on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:33 pm

Bill, has this chat ended? You can be honest. Oh, and what is your favorite Marx Brothers movie?

• 211 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:34 pm

R Samurai…

Re this:

“I just wanted to chime in and say that I really love The Film Crew and am sad to hear that it probably won’t continue. Rifftrax is a great concept, but it lacks the complete package you get with TFC. I love the host segments, seeing the three of you goofing around, or doing movie-related skits that really add to the humor value in the movies.”

• 212 torgosPizza on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:35 pm

Soylent Green (it’s people, but the way)..

DUDE! Spoiler tag! What next, gonna tell me how “Titanic” ends? Have you no shame?

• 213 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:37 pm

Ugh, posted before it was out of the oven. Sorry.

Anyway… I totally agree. We would have loved the Film Crew to just keep going out of the gate, and to make it better as we went. But we fell into limbo almost right away.

Thanks for the nice words. Yes, there have been conceptual limitations to Rifftrax thus far — it’s really about the riff itself, without much additional stuff — but we hope to keep adding to what is offered. Stay tuned.

• 214 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:43 pm

“A question that has to be asked, what with Cinematic Titanic bringing many of your former MST-compatriots back into the riffing game, any chances of a full-on re-union?”

I don’t know. They won’t return our calls. (sniff!) Their captain just talks smack about us, and it hurts our feelings.

So we’re ready. (And so is Bonesaw, if I hadn’t made that clear elsewhere on the thread.)

All that said, Mary Jo is one of my bestest friends in the world. My wife and I miss her like crazy here in the Twin Cities. She’s truly one of the best human beings ever. So our affection for MJ will make the crushing of CT all that more painful.

Hay mas. Pronto.

• 215 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:44 pm

You are very welcome, Brak.

Loved you in MST3K:TM, of course. Even if you were playing yourself, some people get all stiff and self-conscious when they do they. So bravo, sir.

• 216 Captain Hygiene on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Woohoo!

Please, enjoy me with butter and brown sugar.

• 217 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Nuveena? She fascinates /scares me. I want to marry / run away from her. But I’d never let her design my living room, lest I wake up to flashbacks of the Eisenhower adminstration.

• 218 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:48 pm

First I’d find out what original 3 minute roots rock style tunes means. Then I’d tell people what it is.

Then I’d go bribe a booker somewhere. (hint: Krispy Kreme)

• 219 ReptilianSamurai on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:48 pm

LOL! I thought it seemed an odd answer. Yes? What Re this?

It really is ashame to hear about the limbo you all had to deal with. I know how frustrating it must be to do some great creative work and have it blocked by the suits.

I look forward to any potential future additional stuff in rifftrax.

Oh! One more quick question: do you have a personal favorite Rifftrax recommendation? I’m ashamed to admit that while I have followed the site since it was first conceived, I have yet to try a track (trax?). Now there are so many I’m overwhelmed with the possibilities…

• 220 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 3:03 pm

P.S. “Bob Honcho”’s original name was “Bob Rhino.” Whivh was a tad funnier, I think.

But we actually had to replace all the “Rhinos” once they decided not to release it. I don’t know if anyone could tell, but it’s a sound patch whnever we’re saying “Honcho.”

Hmm. That might be too trivial even to qualify as trivia.

• 221 Mr. Slick on Dec 20, 2007 at 3:07 pm

I’m always too late!!! Why God WHY????????!!!!!!!
    (Hi Bill, if you DO read this!)

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 222 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 3:08 pm

“Yeah the Sklar brothers are great. when I was a producer for my local ESPN radio station they agreed to do a bunch of interviews for the show I was producing. Really nice guys!

Agreed. We love those fellas. And their four other “twins.”

….(Go like the wind, rumor! Go!)

• 223 Bill Corbett on Dec 20, 2007 at 3:09 pm

“Most Master Ninjas!”

Erm.. “More Master Ninjas.”

• 224 Thom_Serveaux on Dec 20, 2007 at 3:12 pm

So, you’re gonna go with that performance?

• 225 Brak on Dec 20, 2007 at 3:17 pm

Thanks Bill! really appreciate that. People most of the times dont recognize me in that role. =)

• 226 killeroo on Dec 20, 2007 at 3:28 pm

Well, cannibalism is just a sub-plot anyway. It’s really about how a sweaty, ascot-wearing heston breaks into people’s houses, steals their toiletries and meat to bring home to his aging life-partner.

• 227 BBQ Platypus on Dec 20, 2007 at 5:03 pm

Why, yes. I believe I am. And I’m fairly sure that his answer would have been “yes.”

I mean, come on – Bill looks like the kind of guy who would TOTALLY be a bad enough dude to rescue the President.

Well, thanks for insulting me, Thom. Let’s go for a burger… Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

• 228 Robyn Hitchcock on Dec 20, 2007 at 5:18 pm

Oh yeah!? Well uh, I heard Trace said something derogatory about YO’ MAMA!

(FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT)

Augh, I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s up with me. I blame the entertainment industry for surrounding me with images glorifying violence. Yeah, I’m gonna go with that.

• 229 Robyn Hitchcock on Dec 20, 2007 at 5:23 pm

As long as I don’t have built-in nipples on my costume, I am THERE!

• 230 RVR II on Dec 20, 2007 at 6:20 pm

Darnit! I thought so..

Well, if you all could do The Star Wars Holiday Special, DUNE should be a Breeze! Even by Mike’s standards which seem pretty low in my opinion (riffing movies like Glitter, Crossroads, Troll 2 and all..).. (*Aww Hell! I’ve offended Mike Again!*)

Thanks for your help!

R oving V ampire R ocket (II)

• 231 RVR II on Dec 20, 2007 at 6:29 pm

Dear Bill

Thank you for the nickname of “Roving Vampire Rocket” you have bestowed upon me.

I was curious to know what you thought of this nickname form my real life initials:
    R eally V icious R iffer II ??

The truth won’t hurt (real bad anyway..)

• 232 Sean N. on Dec 20, 2007 at 7:17 pm

Bill,

Is there any way to bring Aerith back to life in Final Fantasy VII?

yours,

Sean

• 233 BBQ Platypus on Dec 20, 2007 at 9:06 pm

Heh heh heh…Rumors….

(I’m not even an old guy. I just have an incredibly anachronistic taste in music).

• 234 Sideswipe on Dec 20, 2007 at 9:07 pm

Greetings Bill,

Im a big fan Mr. Corbett. I was wondering though. If you were a giant transforming robot what would you transform into? Also what color would you be and what would your awesome Transfomer name be?
    Thanks a bunch,
    Sideswipe

• 235 Courtney on Dec 20, 2007 at 10:17 pm

Son of a batch, I missed the whole thing! I’ve failed in my job of semi-professional unpaid blog commenting! No wonder you people aren’t paying me.

I’ll be in the corner weeping and self-flogging if you need me.

I guess I’ll just throw in a question late. Have you guys ever considered doing a musical? Newsies perhaps? Or my admittedly beloved Grease 2?

• 236 torgosPizza on Dec 20, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Please, do not say “Batch” in my presence. Or “Newsies,” Thank you.

• 237 wurwolf on Dec 21, 2007 at 5:24 am

Once a week I swing by the Two Boots in the West Village for either a Larry Tate or a Mr. Pink. It’s just the best pizza ever.

So glad to hear you’re a Brooklyn boy. That only makes you that much cooler. :)

• 238 rock hard meat on Dec 21, 2007 at 6:17 am

hmm i watched it eight times in a row does that mean u respect me?

• 239 wurwolf on Dec 21, 2007 at 6:19 am

Thank you, you’ve made a melancholy little boy in a red robot costume very happy.

• 240 Courtney on Dec 21, 2007 at 7:21 am

But Erik, however will I pitch my musical porno, Newsies 2: Extra Extra Batch!

• 241 Nate on Dec 21, 2007 at 10:59 am

Hi Bill,

Two questions, one related to RiffTrax, one related to MST3K, both related to geography.

1. Are you, Mike, and Kevin producing Rifftrax in the Twin Cities area as you did MST3K?

2. I’m pretty sure I live really near the industrial park where Best Brains used to shoot MST3K. Just off Smetana, correct? Any way to get an address for the former building so I can determine if I live close to it in real life or just my mind’s eye?

Thanks,
    Nate

• 242 YoohooRiffer on Dec 21, 2007 at 12:24 pm

*vomiting noises*

• 243 Ninjew on Dec 24, 2007 at 11:15 am

Billy Bob,

I’m assuming that (with the exception of Jim Mallon) everyone from the old MST3K days still get along okay and stuff.

What do you think are the chances of working together on each others projects? I mean, it could only help everyone involved (cross-promotion an all), right?

It’d be cool to have Trace or Frank or any of the CT gang work on a RiffTrax with y’all, and it’d be equally nifty to see you guys “back on the screen” again in shadowrama.

Besides, if you boys can’t play nice – I’m turning this car around RIGHT NOW!

• 244 Hotbox F. Mellonhead on Dec 29, 2007 at 6:26 pm

Where’s my comment on Jim Mallon getting held down and beaten go? Hmmmmm.

• 245 Onil on Feb 25, 2008 at 2:45 pm