Everything I needed to know about Christmas…

December 25th, 2007 by Mike Nelson · 17 Comments

…I learned from the young sage with the thinning stack of stick-like hair.

Merry Christmas to all!

• 1 Tim on Dec 25, 2007 at 1:03 am

A very Merry Christmas to you, too, Mike. I’m sure this time of year in San Diego is decidedly warmer, and less extremity-freezing in general than this time of year here in the Midwest.

Also, it’s better to learn life lessons from Linus than from Pigpen, what with his ever-present cloud of filth, dander and bacteria billowing around him.

• 2 jsg on Dec 25, 2007 at 1:48 am

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Peace on earth and goodwill toward men.

• 3 Marty on Dec 25, 2007 at 4:42 am

Merry X-mas everybody, Hoo Hoo Hoo!

• 4 Queen Bee on Dec 25, 2007 at 6:53 am

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mr. Nelson. Long may you riff.

• 5 Sampo on Dec 25, 2007 at 8:01 am

Merry Christmas to all.

And, really, do you think the networks would even let this on the air if it had been made this year and wasn’t “a holiday tradition”? He’s quoting the Bible, fer cryin’ out loud! :-)

For those of a secular persuasion:

• 6 Rufs T on Dec 25, 2007 at 8:04 am

Merry Christmas Mike Nelson. May the fruitcake be abundant. And may the eggnog flow like a gentle stream. And may you remain a sane individual in the midst of all your relatives.

• 7 “Sticks” on Dec 25, 2007 at 9:52 am

May your forehead grow like the mighty oak.

• 8 AmandaGal on Dec 25, 2007 at 10:15 am

Linus is a voice of sanity in this totally pc world.

I may not be of the proper religious persuasions to say it, but Merry Christmas to all anyway.

• 9 Slade Rockfist on Dec 25, 2007 at 10:38 am

This is pretty much my favorite Christmas television moment of all time. Anytime this is playing in a room full of people, everyone stops and watches that speech…..it’s a room-stopper. Love it…

• 10 wurwolf on Dec 25, 2007 at 12:11 pm

Merry first Christmas as a married woman, MB. Enjoy. :)

• 11 Hugh on Dec 25, 2007 at 12:42 pm

Thanks, Mike. Almost forgot to watch that, this year. Hope it’s a good one for you, Bridget, and the kids.

• 12 Mr. Slick on Dec 25, 2007 at 2:40 pm

A Special that reminds us of the TRUE meaning of Christmas. And with NO singing Carrie Fisher!
    Merry Christmas Mike, Bill, Kevin & to all of us who love a good riffing now and then.

• 13 Kei on Dec 25, 2007 at 6:25 pm

He also taught me how to take pride in my childhood security objects, and maybe turn them into jackets as an adult. Not that I… would ever … consider that…

And, at the risk of sounding repetitive, Merry Christmas to you, and everyone at RiffTrax, and … well, just everyone in general.

• 14 Courtney on Dec 25, 2007 at 8:41 pm

Merry Christmas to you and the family, Mike, and to everyone at Rifftrax!

And because I can’t resist undoing a perfectly lovely and genuine sentiment, here’s a terrifying and annoying Christmas card, very much in keeping with the hippo video from the other day:

• 15 Mario Panighetti on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:38 am

Everything I needed to know about Christmas, I learned from the opening of Santa’s Slay:

• 16 Sherry on Dec 29, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Thank you for your brave and heartfelt political incorrectness!You are ALL the best!

• 17 ламинат on Aug 24, 2008 at 5:22 am