Drink Coca-Cola!…If you want to mutate into a hideous bird-human hybrid.

December 27th, 2007 by Bill Corbett · 19 Comments

(N.B.: Mutant side effect may not be available outside of Argentina.)

• 1 Edgewriter on Dec 27, 2007 at 2:57 pm

I about crapped an apple. What is coke thinking? My suspicion is that they are beta testing this new kind of coke in Argentica for later unveiling during a Superbowl Commercial.

Mark my words, this could be the end of civilization as we know it.

• 2 Edgewriter on Dec 27, 2007 at 2:57 pm

*Spells badly and doesn’t self edit*

• 3 Chris P. on Dec 27, 2007 at 3:01 pm

So, if you share your soft drink with another person, you take on some physical characteristic of that person.

Apparently cocaine has been re-introduced into the secret formula…

• 4 Brimmstone on Dec 27, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Well I just shared a Coke with my dog and a rabbit, and BAM nothing. Disappointing.

Maybe the secret is in an Argentine bottling plant.

• 5 Halsgoddess on Dec 27, 2007 at 4:26 pm

Apparently Bill likes to give me nightmares. Thanks.

• 6 mrbasehart on Dec 27, 2007 at 8:11 pm

Still not as freaky as the Tango adverts they used to screen here in the 90s.

• 7 risu23 on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:03 pm

Holy crap! That guy just turned into Xavier the Renegade Angel: http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c39215fa78a40115fc195eaf00ed

• 8 Tim on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:14 pm

So I guess this commercial is unveiling their return to the Coca-Cola formula from the early 1900’s that actually included cocaine?

• 9 Kei on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:50 pm

Does Diet Cola have the same effect? Because I’d like to do all my mutating without the extra carbs. Plus, I love the smooth metallic finish.

If I share my Coke with a Hilton sister, do I get a an enormous sum of cash? Or just the syphilis? Or both? Because I could really do without the latter. I’ll have to think about it.

• 10 Robyn on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:52 pm

See, that’s why I prefer Pepsi. The chances of mutation are greatly decreased. Besides, Pepsi apparently sponsors an Ancient Rome-esque arena where pop divas are forced to battle each other for the amusment of Emperor Enrique Iglesias, so at least I know my money is going to a good cause… http://youtube.com/watch?v=CfxwXneCtEM

• 11 Bill Corbett on Dec 28, 2007 at 7:57 am

I thought it was beautiful, personally. A vision of unity and peace.

(…If you look past the hideousness, that is.)

• 12 Sampo on Dec 28, 2007 at 9:07 am

Remember, every time you share a Coke, your sharing it with every other mutant it’s been shared with.

Or something.

• 13 Neb on Dec 28, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Aaaaaagh! Acid trip commercials! What are they smoking down there?! Ewwww. That “Gladiator” ripoff Pepsi thing is annoying at best, btw. What an expensive bit of nonsense. Gah…just when I wonder why I don’t watch TV…

• 14 Hotbox F. Mellonhead on Dec 29, 2007 at 6:31 pm

Even with two straws, there’s still a trace hideous mutant-bird backwash sliding down that straw and into that bottle. Yummy!

• 15 Charles on Dec 29, 2007 at 9:03 pm

I loved that commercial! You should be able to appreciate since you used to play a horrible bird-robot hybrid.

• 16 GregMcduck on Dec 31, 2007 at 12:24 pm

So, wait, the girl at the end managed to share a Coke with a fly?

• 17 Strom Thetty & The Tartmakers on Jan 3, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Yup. Sounds good. If I ever get a hankering to transmogrify into a hell beast from a Bosch painting, I’ll be sure and crack open a Coke. H.R. Giger would poop his pants watching this.

• 18 Birdzilla on Sep 20, 2008 at 11:27 am

SQUAWK SQUAWK beware foolish greens supporting wind turbines too many of my fellow birds have died becuase of those things so IM COMMING TO GET YOU AND IM NOT NO DAD GUM CHICKEN SQUAWK SQUAWK IM READY TO EAT A SPOTTED OWL AND SCREW YOU GREEN IDIOTS SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK

• 19 Birdzilla on Oct 8, 2008 at 7:11 am

ITS THE REVENGE OF THE BIRDS PUNY PATHETIC GRANOLA MUNCHING TREE HUGGERS SQUAWK SQUAWK BEWARE WE BIRDS WILL RULE THE WORLD SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK