You are NOT alone.

December 27th, 2007 by Bill Corbett · 15 Comments

“It’s not fair,” we’ve thought.

“In this world where people have truly horrendous ways of spending their free time… where the most ghastly things are gathered, catalogued, obsessed upon, even fondled… why is my hobby considered so freakish? It’s innocent, it’s fun, and by god, it’s colorful!”

I’ve often had that very monologue running through my head, give or take a preposition. …You too? I thought so.

Well, we need hide no longer, friends. We Banana Sticker Collectors are finding each other, thanks to the so-called “Internets.”

1298.jpg

A friendly anthropomorphized banana. Symbol of good in the world.

There’s strength in unity. Stand strong, fellow Banana Sticker Collectors. And stay alive, no matter what occurs! We will find each other. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far*, we will find each other!

(*Actually, the last big Banana Sticker Collectors convention was in Munich, Germany last year. Too far. But… perhaps next time, we will find each other, and… all that!)

• 1 Tim on Dec 27, 2007 at 10:44 am

That banana fellow on the sticker may be a “symbol of good in the world” at this point, but let’s make sure his open peel stays above his banana-waist, ok? If it splits much lower, all of his positive contributions to the world will take a serious back seat to something truly negative.

• 2 Bill Corbett on Dec 27, 2007 at 10:56 am

We BSCs even have our own theme song:

• 3 Courtney on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:00 am

I think there’s some erotic banana peel-dance going on. The Chiquita lady would never strip in full view of shoppers. But she did have a meth problem for a while there. True story.

• 4 "Digits" on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:12 am

Um, I don’t collect banana stickers, but my mother in laws’ Mother in law SAVED Every Butter wrapper. I think thats weirder than banana stickers. Left over from the depression era, I think.

• 5 Rufus T on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:35 am

Banana are so out of style. Now mango stickers are something you should consider. I do, however, wish you luck with your hobby.

P.S. If you take cranberries and stew them like apples they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

• 6 Clint on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:52 am

Wow, that collector’s website is ninteen-ninetyseventastic!

Reminds me of [I]http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/3157/[/I]

• 7 Clint on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:54 am

Let’s try that again: [URL]http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/3157/[/URL]

• 8 Clint on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:56 am

Oops.

[URL]http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/3157/[/URL]

• 9 Edgewriter on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:56 am

Ah, the lowly Bannana Sticker collector. Long ignored by the collector community, their stock is rising behind the contributions of several companies such as Dole and Chiquita, whose sticker designers are getting creatice, even sometimes naughty with their new themes.

Doles new condom wrapper style sticker for instance has breathed new life into the market. Now children in sex-ed classrooms all over the country can know what their bannanas are truly made for.

• 10 Becky Martz on Dec 27, 2007 at 6:59 pm

You can always come to our big banana label convention in Costa Rica in December 2008!

• 11 Teaser on Dec 27, 2007 at 7:47 pm

Oh Bill….I knew I wasn’t alone,I collect banana stickers too,jeeze there’s so many different ones,it’s a life long hobby…Thanks again Bill

• 12 Bill Corbett on Dec 28, 2007 at 7:59 am

Thanks for commenting, Ms. Martz. You’re a good sport.

Have fun in Costa Rica!

• 13 WaffleTron on Dec 28, 2007 at 7:07 pm

I used to collect pogs. …do people remember pogs? I’m so alone. :(

• 14 Becky Martz on Jan 1, 2008 at 7:00 pm

I DO remember pogs. My kids collected them. But I like banana labels better….pogs were made just for collecting. Banana labels are made for identifying bananas…..MUCH more interesting.

• 15 CireDark on Jan 5, 2008 at 7:47 pm

Much more of this and you guys will earn this “thread” a spot on SomethingAwfuls’ weekend web. 4Chan trolls will start invading and after that it’s a short stop to an Encyclopedia Dramatica article.

Just ask Furries, Pokemon Fans, or any webforum for people with odd sexual kinks.