Who is the Bestest Superhero Ever?

December 28th, 2007 by Bill Corbett · 25 Comments

We’ve done a whole bunch of superhero movies here on Rifftrax. And I’m guessing we’ll riff on one or two more before this clambake is over.

There’s one coming up soon, in fact. (Remember you riff-writers: Kevin loves to do his Penny Marshall impression, and Mike can’t yodel enough!)

But none of the superheroes we’ve riffed on — Spiderman, Daredevil, Los Cuatro Fantásticos, Nestor the Long-Eared Donkey — NONE of ‘em is fit to carry the scorched jockstrap of this guy:

flaming_carrot2.jpg

FLAMING CARROT!

Do you agree? (Say yes.) Do you disagree? (Explain.) Are you indifferent? (Explain.) What did you have for lunch? (Specify. [Condiment details optional.])

(And yes, this whole post WAS just an excuse to use the phrase “scorched jockstrap.” Always been a dream of mine.)

• 1 Bill Corbett on Dec 28, 2007 at 3:37 pm

To use that phrase, I mean. Not to wear one.

• 2 Tim on Dec 28, 2007 at 3:38 pm

Is he wearing flippers, or does he have leaves for feet?

I guess when thinking of what to call himself, he had to choose between “Flaming Carrot” or “Leaf Feet”. “Flaming Carrot” is the obvious winner.

• 3 Bill Corbett on Dec 28, 2007 at 3:47 pm

Flippers. His reason: “In case I have to swim.”

• 4 Tim on Dec 28, 2007 at 4:04 pm

I’m assuming he would have to be wearing said jockstrap on his head in order for it to become “scorched”.

Bill, please tell me it would have to be on his head. Please.

• 5 Adam on Dec 28, 2007 at 4:10 pm

He’s clearly just wearing a regular shirt as part of his superhero uniform. It’s got a collar and everything.

…hey, wait a minute. (UT!) His HEAD is a carrot, but the rest of him is totally normal except for the swim fins. What are we to make of this? Also, shouldn’t he be called “Flaming Carrot Head”?

• 6 Adam on Dec 28, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Oh, and I had a bacon cheeseburger with a side of steak fries at a woefully overpriced cafe in Cape May.

You know, since you asked.

• 7 Scott M Davis on Dec 28, 2007 at 4:27 pm

Flaming Carrot is also a member of the illustrious Mystery Men team.

Yes, the Ben Stiller Mystery Men movie.

• 8 Bill Corbett on Dec 28, 2007 at 4:32 pm

They didn’t have the nads to put him in the movie, alas.

• 9 Eddie Colton on Dec 28, 2007 at 5:49 pm

That guy can’t hold a carrot to Ambush Bug.

• 10 Edgewriter on Dec 28, 2007 at 5:59 pm

My favorite was Savage Dragon. The funniest? . . . . Villains, I’d have to go with toad, the most worthless supervillain ever.
    As far as heroes go, I’d guess Banshee is pretty lame. “Don’t hit me or I’ll scream!”

• 11 Kei on Dec 28, 2007 at 10:24 pm

Is that the Grinch? Flaming Carrot doesn’t take crap from nobody.

I have no idea what’s going on there, but I bet it’s totally awesome.

As a side note, start typing “carrot” into Google, and it immediately assumes you want “Carrot Top.” All I can say is… it knows me too well.

• 12 Thom_Serveaux on Dec 28, 2007 at 10:31 pm

…or The Tick (& his evil twin The Crimson Chin…)

• 13 Sheriff Bart on Dec 28, 2007 at 10:37 pm

While Flaming Carrot is undoubtedly awesome, I’ve always been a big fan of Dogwelder.

• 14 Thad on Dec 29, 2007 at 12:40 am

Horse.

• 15 Bill Corbett on Dec 29, 2007 at 12:55 am

For my friend Tim:

Flaming Carrot would have to be wearing the jockstrap on his head for it to become scorched.

• 16 Josh on Dec 29, 2007 at 7:44 am

I once picked up a copy of Flaming Carrot. It was kind of like trying to comprehend string theory after taking two hits of Ny-Quil. I just didn’t get it..
    Best super hero ever? I nominate Ralph Snart.

• 17 Mr. Slick on Dec 29, 2007 at 8:17 am

Where is Howard the Duck when we really need him? And when do we really need him? Oh wait I had HIM for lunch Bill with a little orange sauce, Mmmmmmmm Best “super hero” I ever ate.
    Worst movie I ever saw though.

• 18 Marty on Dec 29, 2007 at 3:57 pm

There’s got to be a joke involving a potato peeler somewhere…..

Oh, 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, one with provolone and one with mozzarella.

• 19 Eniena on Dec 29, 2007 at 5:29 pm

The best superhero? Well, for me that honor would probably go to…

BURNT FACE MAN!!! (www.burntfaceman.com)

He may have a burnt face, but that doesn’t mean he can’t fight crime!

• 20 Hotbox F. Mellonhead on Dec 29, 2007 at 6:36 pm

I like him, but he still reminds me too much of Carrot TOP for comfort.

• 21 John H. on Dec 29, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Oh please, RiffTrax fans should be ten times more hip than this. Flaming Carrot is ULTIMATE AWESOME SUPREME!

• 22 Virginia Corbett on Dec 30, 2007 at 8:40 pm

Max the Hero

Spaghetti with you.

• 23 Rufus T. Firefly on Jan 1, 2008 at 9:01 pm

BY far the best is Doctor Gorpon: Monster Hunter.
    The “sound effects” alone were worth the price of admision. “Sclorch!”
    Done by the creator of Ralf Snart, a looney in his own right that desrvers far more credit than he gets. SOme of Ralf’s facial contortions are just painfull for look at, and funnier than anything in print.

• 24 Rufus T. Firefly on Jan 1, 2008 at 9:08 pm

As an honorable mention, a local freelance comic had a hero called “Blind Man”. He was a speedster along the lines of the flash, with super hearing, and was, unfortunately blind. His approach to the scene of a crime was heralded but the machine gun “TapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTap” of his red and white cane. Politically Incorrect but Funny as heck.

• 25 KELLI on Feb 6, 2008 at 7:32 am

I am not feeling the carrot-I mean he saves your eye sight but what else??