Happy New Year, Rifftraxians!

December 31st, 2007 by Bill Corbett · 24 Comments

According to Chinese Astrology, 2008 is another Year of the Rat. So… we have that going for us, at least.

rat.jpg

Wishing you, your families, friends, and rats a fantastic (and glue trap-free) 2008. Thanks for supporting this joint.

• 1 chris (smiley) on Dec 31, 2007 at 9:13 pm

And the very same to you sir.
    (I’m sorry, I have nothing even remotely humorous to say. I feel shame.)

• 2 Nick on Dec 31, 2007 at 9:50 pm

Happy New Year, Bill! And to you and Mike and Kevin — thanks!

• 3 Tim on Dec 31, 2007 at 10:18 pm

Year of the Rat, huh? Well, here’s to all of us staving off the upcoming hantavirus breakout that’s bound to pop up.

This should be a big year for Congressman Dennis Kucinich, former major-leaguer Gary Gaetti, and other similarly rat-like creatures.

• 4 Rufus T. on Dec 31, 2007 at 11:18 pm

I shall reciprocate your expression of joy in reference to the new year. Is that…..no it couldn’t be. I thought the rat in your post might be a DEATH RAT.

• 5 doggans on Dec 31, 2007 at 11:24 pm

Happy arbitrary celebration of another revolution around the sun!

• 6 “Sticks” on Dec 31, 2007 at 11:38 pm

Ahh, giant rats bring back memories of my favorite Bert I. Gordon movie, “The Food of the Gods.” Good times, good times. And by ‘good times’ I mean ‘rats eating off faces’.

• 7 Roper on Jan 1, 2008 at 12:04 am

Who could ever forget Ernest Borgnine, eaten alive by an army of rats, in Willard. Ah, misty water-colored memories. Happy New Year!

• 8 Kei on Jan 1, 2008 at 12:50 am

May the new year bring you neutral contentment, mild bemusement, and a general sense of familiar apathy.

Just kidding. I wish you guys the best for 2008. Can you believe it? A new year! Just filled with a new slew of teeth-grinding, brain-melting, previously-suppressed-psychopathic-urge-triggering cinematic disappointments. I smell a good year!

But just in case you’re getting too optimistic, here’s our friend Mr. Carrey to drag you weeping and howling back to the pits of reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwfh9icSJgY

Another year of that and possibly things like it… Ah. That’s good disillusionment.

• 9 Mr. Slick on Jan 1, 2008 at 9:52 am

The year of the Rat is the same year as the presidential elections? Why am I not suprised

• 10 Queen Bee on Jan 1, 2008 at 11:00 am

Thank you for showering such good cheer upon us, your faceless and obedient people.

I was born in a Year of the Snake, so for me, this means… this means…

I’ll get back to you.

• 11 Neb on Jan 1, 2008 at 11:17 am

Alas, my cats have eaten all the rats in our area. Oops.

• 12 Tim on Jan 1, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Just having “rats” and “area” in the same sentence makes me shudder…

“Area” :::shudder:::

• 13 Edgewriter on Jan 1, 2008 at 3:04 pm

I have never had rats in my “area”, but I have had a rat’s nest in my “area”. It was time for some personal grooming I must say.

I left the cats out of it, though.

• 14 Sampo on Jan 1, 2008 at 4:57 pm

For the record, the Chinese New Year doesn’t start for another month….

…I’m becoming one of those guys that people just turn around and walk away from at parties, aren’t I?

• 15 wakachiwaka on Jan 1, 2008 at 5:04 pm

Well, even though the lunar calendar hasn’t yet turned over, you can be sure it will be at least mid-March before I finally remember to stop writing “Year Of The Pig” on all my checks. :-(

• 16 Kevin Murphy on Jan 1, 2008 at 7:03 pm

I’m sorry Sampo, did you say something? I reflexively turned and walked away.

• 17 Anonymous on Jan 1, 2008 at 8:21 pm

More pictures of cats in wigs please!

• 18 Bill Corbett on Jan 1, 2008 at 8:47 pm

“it will be at least mid-March before I finally remember to stop writing “Year Of The Pig” on all my checks.”

Great joke!

(tips hat)

• 19 Eddie Colton on Jan 2, 2008 at 7:46 am

ANOTHER Year of the Rat? MAN, China! Call somebody about your pest problem already!

• 20 Majisto on Jan 2, 2008 at 8:31 am

Hey! It’s the giant Union rat! I miss seeing that outside my workplace every day…

• 21 torgosPizza on Jan 2, 2008 at 10:11 am

Please send 24.95 for a 1-year subscription to:

Cats in Wigs
    c/o Legend Films
    ATTN: torgosPizza

• 22 Brian O. on Jan 3, 2008 at 8:17 am

Look out, it’s the giant rat of Sumatra!

• 23 wakachiwaka on Jan 3, 2008 at 4:58 pm

I know – that’s why I stole it from Letterman 22 years ago. Since the theft has gone unreported for all this time, I’m certain the Statute of Limitations will protect me in my baldfaced effort to claim it as my own.

• 24 wakachiwaka on Jan 3, 2008 at 4:59 pm