Move over Hayden: Newest Geek Dream Girl

January 3rd, 2008 by Conor Lastowka · 6 Comments

I am curious what the conversation went like when the below girl was asked to model the Wordpress Hoodie, now being advertised on a Wordpress dashboard near you. She now undoubtedly joins the ranks of Claire Bennett, Buffy and Princess Leia in the gold bikini in the ranks of lusted after Geek Icons.

hoodie model 1

Alicia: Hello? Is this the person that’s been calling me and hanging up for the past half hour?
Kurt: (hangs up)

[Ten minutes pass]

Alicia: EXASPERATED SIGH! Hello?!
Kurt: HithisisKurtandI’minyoureconclass andiworkforaplaceandyourereallypretty andwouldyoumaybewanttobeamodelforus?
Alicia: Well, I guess I could do it. I’ve always wanted to jump start my modeling career!
Kurt: (Gulp)
Alicia: Who do you work for?
Kurt: Wordpress
Alicia: Ooh…Sounds hot. What is that, like an underwear company?
Kurt: [faints]
Alicia: I’m gonna be a model!

[48 hours pass]

Alicia: Hello? Blogs? No, I’ve never heard of blogs, why does everyone keep asking me that?! No I don’t want to be on a panel at “Comic Con”, what the hell is “Comic Con?” Where did you get my number? It’s posted on the Something-what forums? You’re outside my where? Augh!!!!!!

Tags: RiffTrax · gift guide

• 1 Kevin Murphy on Jan 3, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Dear Conor -

You made me laugh so hard it scared my dog.

Thank you.

-kwm

p.s. My dog thinks you’re an asshole now.

• 2 mrbasehart on Jan 4, 2008 at 6:00 am

She’s cute, though would that really make people buy a Wordpress hoodie?

Forget I asked.

• 3 Jen on Jan 4, 2008 at 6:28 am

Real geek girls are totally hotter.

• 4 wurwolf on Jan 4, 2008 at 8:05 am

That was very funny. Sounds amazingly like a conversation between Torrk and Lita.

• 5 Nate on Jan 9, 2008 at 7:56 am

It seems like most independent, geek-oriented, online clothes sellers are using cute girls to sell their stuff. See Threadless, T-Shirt Hell, Busted Tees, and Snorg. I’m not sure if they’re trying to imply cute girls really wear their clever shirts, or if you buy their clever shirts and wear them cute girls will go home with you and leave in the morning wearing one of your clever shirts, or that wearing one of their clever shirts magically turns you into a cute girl which really you’ve always “wondered” about…

• 6 Dan Harkless on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:54 pm

@Nate:

LOL! Yes, you’ve completely nailed this inherently ridiculous yet (ahem) undeniably enjoyable phenomenon.