Bonesaw is ready…

January 25th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 41 Comments

…to say “thank you, friends.”

bonesaw.jpg

I really appreciated the great comments in my recent post here. There are some excellent writers on this site. Also some very odd people… which means I’m in the right place. Among my own.

If you haven’t read the comments by your fellow Rifftraxians, give yourself a treat and check them out. Some hilarious posts there.

A few wee items:

1) My wife took some pictures at our live show in San Francisco last week. I’ll post a couple after trying to resize them to more reasonable dimensions. Really, no one needs to see our pores. Yecchh.

2) Sometime over the weekend I will be posting the most controversial Rifftrax blog entry in history. That’s right — in history! Lord help us all. I humbly request that you tremble in fear, anticipation, and mild tingliness (don’t go too far with this, please) in the meantime. If you’re not up for all that, well… just click on when you can.

3) Please don’t pirate people’s work. Our work, that of our seafaring friends, or anyone’s for that matter. It makes it a whole lot less likely that you’ll see more work, from any of us. I know I’m mostly preaching to the converted on this site, so please excuse my moralizing. I also know there’s lot of complicated stuff to be worked out on this newfangled interweb, especially regarding ownership and copyrights. But if people can’t make a living creating stuff, it won’t hang around for long. It really is that simple.

/ sermon.

Back to what’s really important. In short: Bonesaw.

spiderman.jpg

Thanks again for making this a fun place to be. Bonesaw and I join together in saying…

HEY FREAKSHOW! You’re going nowhere….

…Except our hearts.

Enjoy your weekendses.

• 1 MSTJedi on Jan 25, 2008 at 6:48 pm

You’ll be glad to know that I still haven’t seen/heard the Spider-Man Rifftrax. And by that I mean I haven’t seen it YET. While I have been guilty of a little cyber-swashbuckling from time to time, Rifftrax and all MST3K-related endeavors are where I draw the line. As much riffing as I can get, I will support with my hard-earned money . . . eventually.

• 2 mrbasehart on Jan 25, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Wait. You plan these blogs?!? I thought you just wrote whatever a celebrity told you to. Thanks for ruining the magic, Bill!

• 3 Ninjew on Jan 25, 2008 at 7:34 pm

You mean, the weird looking man that smells of curry with his fold out table on Avenue of the Americas ISN’T an authorized reseller of Cinematic Titanic DVDs?

• 4 doggans on Jan 25, 2008 at 8:12 pm

//Bonesaw is ready…to say “thank you, friends.”//

No, thank YOU, Bonesaw, for the joy you bring into our lives every time we see your gentle smile or hear your melodic voice.

And, thank you, Bill, for being the kindest, funniest, most wonderful riffer ever to be named William Corbett.

• 5 Bill Corbett on Jan 25, 2008 at 9:09 pm

“I thought you just wrote whatever a celebrity told you to.”

Um…no! And my upcoming post lavishing praise and love on James Blunt will NOT have anything to do with the fact that I was ordered to do so, by anyone who could hurt me in any way. Of course not ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA.

(Psssst. Are you still there?

Please help me…!)

• 6 Scott M Davis on Jan 25, 2008 at 9:10 pm

Wow, I know who you are talking about in point #3!

• 7 Cornjob on Jan 25, 2008 at 9:39 pm

Thanks to Bonesaw I’ve gotten in the habit of counting to three using my pinky, ring, and middle fingers. Thank YOU Bonesaw!

• 8 Edgewriter on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:10 pm

I think we need to get Bonesaw a buddy movie co-starring Billy Boyd.

Billy Boyd is the rich kid going to Harvard that gets beat up all the time so he hires Bonesaw to be his body guard.

• 9 Rufus T. on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Can the bully still be portrayed by Matt Dillon?

• 10 Bill Corbett on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:15 pm

No matter that guy tells you, he is NOT Frank Conniff.

• 11 Mr. Slick on Jan 25, 2008 at 11:09 pm

When will Bonesaw be ready for a bath? I can smell his oilines thru the screen.

• 12 Slade Rockfist on Jan 25, 2008 at 11:44 pm

Not that it’s your fault, but I think if I hear anyone use “interweb” as a cutesy substitute moniker for the online universe, I’m gonna have to go all Bonesaw on their ass….

Be glad this was straw that broke my camel’s back, and not the last time I saw it…..but again, not your fault Bill….sorry….

• 13 Tim on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:04 am

You keep posting blog entries, Bill, and we’ll keep joining the fun.

And I’ll keep posting comments too long for people to read. Wooo!!!

Also, could it not be said of all of us, that if Bonesaw were to walk into our living room, that we would quickly find ourselves curled up in the upper corner of the wall and ceiling, much like Peter Parker in that second photo?

• 14 Nobody in particular on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:22 am

Bill Corbett, you are the MAN!! A Crow above Crows, you are everything that is right with the world and then some. Thanks for being YOU. I mean that–not being silly.

• 15 Edgewriter on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:09 am

Good one. Mat Dillon and Zack Ward as the bully law students. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0911934/
    “C’mere.”

Whoopi Goldberg as the law professor that acts like she hates Bonesaw but secretly has a crush for him.

• 16 Bill Corbett on Jan 26, 2008 at 6:00 am

“but I think if I hear anyone use “interweb” as a cutesy substitute moniker for the online universe, I’m gonna have to go all Bonesaw on their ass….”

Point taken. I’m a nOOb. (Also overused, I’m sure.)

But I take you seriously, because the prospect of someone going all Bonesaw on my ass is terrifying. (shudders)

• 17 Jef on Jan 26, 2008 at 6:47 am

Anyone who’d steal from you guys is dead meat! Just stear ‘em all my way and I’ll… I’ll… wel, probably cower in fear, but I’m sure they’ll get the point when they see me dribble on my shirt.

• 18 Ninjew on Jan 26, 2008 at 7:01 am

Bill, first off I’ve got to give you kudos for not only providing a link to the CT site, but also for encouraging people to not pirate their work (as well as your own).

But perhaps you can set the record straight on one subject if you would.

Is there any REAL “bad blood” or “ill will” between you guys and ANY of the CT gang? There’s a couple of threads on the CT boards where a comment (or lack thereof) about RiffTrax/The Film Crew) made by Joel on Slashdot has really caused speculation on the subject.

We just want all our friends to get along!!

• 19 Onil on Jan 26, 2008 at 7:06 am

Will this “most controversial post ever” be more controversial than when Felicity cut her hair?

• 20 Yanni on Jan 26, 2008 at 7:29 am

This controversial post won’t involve you, Kevin or Mike in a dress, will it? Right? Right!?

• 21 Otomite on Jan 26, 2008 at 7:59 am

I hope Rifftrax isn’t in trouble because of piracy! I better go donate to make up for the thieves.

• 22 wakachiwaka on Jan 26, 2008 at 10:06 am

Implausible. Only rich kids GO to Harvard – nobody gets beat up there.

• 23 Bill Corbett on Jan 26, 2008 at 12:29 pm

“Is there any REAL “bad blood” or “ill will” between you guys and ANY of the CT gang?”

Not that I know of, Ninjew. I can only speak for myself, but I’m reasonably sure it’s true of Mike and Kevin too.

In general, it’s best not to take any of us riffclowns too seriously. If we get too solemn about anything it’s kind of silly, given what we do.

If you like what we do, bless you. If you don’t, bless you too.

All I ask is that you not send us cow heads. (Check recent archives.)

• 24 Ninjew on Jan 26, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Does a bull head count as the same thing?

Better let me know quick, so I can track the package before it’s too late!

• 25 Bill Corbett on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Yes, ANY severed bovine head is something we’d rather not get over the transom.

If you can’t track it, we’ll just turn off the lights and hide when we see the UPS truck.

• 26 Eniena on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:08 pm

HERETIC! A HERETIC!!! HE MUST BE STONED!!!

In any case, nice to see you’re willing to make amends for that.

• 27 Ninjew on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Dude! Like, if he must be stoned, then pass it over so I can be too man….

• 28 R.A. Roth on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:57 pm

If I may post slightly off the intended path of this thread, are there any plans to produce more episodes of The Film Crew or is that project a successful but short lived riffing cul-de-sac?

I read that Shout! Factory picked up the rights to MST3K and wondered if that has in any way influenced the decision one way or the other? In any case, I’d like to see more from The Film Crew. There’s nothing I like more than watching middle aged men in jumpsuits pretending to be comfortable in said jumpsuits, as if that crotch-binding contraption ain’t making the three of you chaff like be-tutued circus bears.

Randy

PS Not that any of you resemble a be-tutued circus bear. Except for Mike. And Kevin, a little bit. And you, Bill, sort of look like a be-tutued circus bear, if the angle is just right. Otherwise, none of you look like a be-tutued circus bear.

• 29 Edgewriter on Jan 26, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Ah, but Billy Boyd’s money came from his father’s enormous Sanitation Engineering empire, thus subjecting him to ridicule.

• 30 Ninjew on Jan 26, 2008 at 2:07 pm

Those weren’t jumpsuits, man.

They’re WORK SHIRTS!

But now that you mention it, Mike was the only one with his shirt tucked in.

The more I think about it, the less I like the idea of seeing Mike and Bill’s Dickies hanging out.

• 31 R.A. Roth on Jan 26, 2008 at 4:11 pm

You are correct. I was projecting my jumpsuit fetish onto them. No sane person would wear a jumpsuit if they could avoid it. Which begs the question, why was it Joel and Mike’s chosen garb for all those marooned years? It’s an adult diaper thing, isn’t it?

I must repeatedly bathe now, till my nipples are red and swollen as a baboon’s ass. Or is that a mandrill’s ass?

Randy

• 32 mgroves on Jan 26, 2008 at 4:55 pm

“There are some great writers on this site. Also some very odd people”

Oh great, don’t encourage them!

• 33 MikeP on Jan 26, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Not to toot my own horn, but soon I will be posting the most controversial Rifftrax blog *comment* in history.

It may contain secrets man was not meant to know. It may answer questions you never knew you had. Bonesaw’s readiness with regard to this upcoming comment is undetermined at this point.

• 34 WaffleTron on Jan 26, 2008 at 9:00 pm

SPEAKING of Cinematic Titanic, any clue as to why Joel doesn’t seem to want to acknowledge Rifftrax? There was a recent interview with him and he answered all the questions except one asking what he thought about Rifftrax/Film Crew.

Thats the link. I’d love to have you all team up. I think me and the rest of all your fans would like that very much.

• 35 WaffleTron on Jan 26, 2008 at 9:01 pm

This is what I get for not reading the replies beforehand…

• 36 QuackersnCheese on Jan 27, 2008 at 1:42 am

Ya know what I’m really really bored so I thought I would post a day late and a dollar short. Personally I don’t understand why great wrestling superstars keep taking these bit parts. Meanwhile Mr. Hogan is aloud to run rampant from tv to movies when will someone stop this man. I’m not saying I dislike him I just wish someone like THE BONESAW aka Mr. Savage had a chance too. I’m not a wrestling fan anymore Egg McMahon not the one with Carson back in the day but the wrestling famed one has ruined wrestling for me. I work I slave all week come home and start to settle down watch some tv ahh wrestling and what’s this McMahon having some guy kiss his butt oh my … no no …. must wash television. Long story short I now have a new tv and now I watch Monk.

• 37 John H. on Jan 27, 2008 at 5:15 am

Double points and an extra “Cerebro!” for Bill Corbett!

• 38 MikeP on Jan 27, 2008 at 9:03 am

You get the opportunity to reply to your own comment. That’s pretty sweet ;)

• 39 Mike Nelson on Jan 27, 2008 at 11:02 am

Well, there’s no ill will from me, either – I wish CT the best. In fact, I invited Joel to collaborate with RiffTrax but didn’t hear back, so I guess they wanted to go their own way, which is totally understandable.

Now, is there ill will between me and Barry Gibb? Oh, yes, my friend. You’ll feel a chill in the room every time his name is mentioned.

Someday I’ll tell the story. Someday…

• 40 Ninjew on Jan 27, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Bill, Mike, thank you.
    Not just for answering my (and other people’s) question on this subject, but for using the blog as an area for dialog.

Not many folks who are celebrities (and though you guys may scoff, you are indeed celebrities – well loved and appreciated) take the time to actually TALK to the fans.

You make us feel more than mere fans. You take the time to make US feel appreciated. And that really goes a long way.

It’s weird to say that my daughter “grew up” watching you guys (she was there at the first MST-Conventio-Con-Expo-Fest-A-Rama and won an award at the Costume ball as “Nummy-Muffin-Coocol-Butter when she was but an infant), but now she loves RiffTrax and The Film Crew as well. It’s great to have something in common with your kid that keeps you together. Thanks for that.

In fact, me and the Mrs. would like to do something special and cook you up some homemade brownies. What’s your favorite?

• 41 washington on Jan 28, 2008 at 9:03 pm

I was an extra on the day they shot the Bonesaw scene in Spidey 1. You know that incredibly handsome dude, in the crowd?

<—