Heck, I’ll Eat Your Skin!

January 29th, 2008 by Kevin Murphy · 12 Comments

Ol' Johnny's

Especially if it’s Ol’ Johnny’s brand Spicy Hot flavor!! Made fresh by your friends at Golden Flake, who offer a whole line of delicious skin. Remember, that’s Golden Flake: the official chip of the Talladega Superspeedway!

• 1 Ninjew on Jan 29, 2008 at 6:32 am

I guess this answers the age old question:

“What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?”

• 2 MikeP on Jan 29, 2008 at 7:54 am

What the heck is that on the the front of the bag, just above the word “pork”? Looks like one of the alien badasses in War of the Worlds, just before it snatches up Tom Cruise to take him home to Xenu…

• 3 Kevin Murphy on Jan 29, 2008 at 8:10 am

Why, it’s a folksy log cabin. And notice the bonus feature of Ol’ Johnny’s: “Rendered Out Pork Fat with Attached Skin.”

• 4 MikeP on Jan 29, 2008 at 8:16 am

That does sound appetizing. Maybe served with a side of potted meat product and head cheese?

• 5 The Elusive Robert Denby on Jan 29, 2008 at 8:57 am

If eating skin is wrong, I don’t want to be right.

• 6 Rob T Firefly on Jan 29, 2008 at 9:23 am

What’s wrong with this batch, why didn’t Ol’Johnny finish it himself? Nobody with an apostrophe-abbreviated title like that ever has leftovers without a damn good reason.

• 7 Mr. Slick on Jan 29, 2008 at 9:42 am

I’m sorry Kevin I can’t eat anything with the ” Ol’ ” on th package. It scares me.

• 8 Courtney on Jan 29, 2008 at 10:38 am

Does that thing at the bottom say “US Restricted and Flammable”? I’d sure like it to.

• 9 Veronica on Jan 29, 2008 at 11:06 am

From the makers of Young Johnny’s Disinfectant Spray

• 10 SarahCanuck on Jan 30, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Yick. There also seems to be a giant spider on their packaging. Yeeick.
    I will never understand some people. Specifically, those people who find fried pig bits a tasty snack.

• 11 Geena on Feb 2, 2008 at 1:28 pm

In the interest of being pedantic (and what could be more interesting than THAT?), I should point out that, while cracklins (which may be the most delicious thing on the face of the planet) are fried fat with some skin attached, it’s pork RINDS that are all skin. And if you think that’s freaky, go to an Hispanic market sometime, and see the giant bags of chicharrones (large sections of pried pork skin).

• 12 Geena on Feb 2, 2008 at 1:29 pm

I am delighted to be misunderstood. :)