Hey fellow riffers! Great job on BATMAN AND ROBIN.

January 30th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 18 Comments

(Or as Arnold would say, BOHTMIN UND RUBBIN.)

foolsbatman-thumb.JPG

Congratulations. Very funny riffing, there. I watched some last night, and enjoyed it immensely.

And bless you for taking the burden of B & R. It was glorious to be spared multiple viewings of this latex-nipple-fest.

Now go sterilize your keyboards, and take a much deserved break.

• 1 MontyServo on Jan 30, 2008 at 9:16 am

Glad that you liked it. I wrote a little bit for it, but only a couple of riffs made it into the final cut. Although one of those riffs was the “Where do I poop?” line, which seems to have gone over well. At least as well as can be expected for a poop joke.

I thought that everybody involved did a fantastic job with it, and I can’t wait to do it again!

Monty

• 2 Chaos on Jan 30, 2008 at 9:28 am

Thanks for the feedback, Bill. I’m glad you guys enjoyed recording the riff as much as WE enjoyed not having to watch the movie without riffs anymore. ;)

It was a lot of fun, but a lot of pain, too. At last, the healing can begin…

• 3 Minnesota on Jan 30, 2008 at 9:36 am

It was a big thrill to have Rifftrax read our jokes. Thanks a bunch for the opportunity. I think the end result turned out amazing.

• 4 SmilinJackRoss on Jan 30, 2008 at 9:57 am

We’d love to do it again sometime!

• 5 Insert Coin(s) to Continue on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:01 am

It was really cool to hear you guys perform content that I had written. It was fun beforehand not knowing what had made it in and what hadn’t and then noticing riffs throughout the show that sounded familiar. Very fun. Thanks for letting us do this!

• 6 dignan on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:11 am

I’d say it was our pleasure, but it really wasn’t. It was a hellish, nightmarish experience. But the end result more than made up for the pain. Except for the fact that Batman and Robin killed one of my friends who tried to riff with us. It was horrifying. He looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger at the end of Total Recall, eyes bugging out of his head and everything. Poor Stuart.

Anyway, glad you liked it!

• 7 Botchinator on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:39 am

I wonder, did it bother you to talk during this masterpiece? I know you left this off your list of movies you like that you’ve riffed. Maybe because it belongs on your list of best movies since killer clowns from outer space.

• 8 Riff Raff Theater » No Time for Love, Dr. Jones on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:43 am

[...] well done on Batman & Robin (though we appreciate the thumbs up from writers, listeners, and Rifftrax cast members alike), but we have a show to do on Friday, and so we’re on the warpath in getting the word [...]

• 9 doggans on Jan 30, 2008 at 11:08 am

It was a pleasure to hear you and your cohorts read my obvious observations about the inanity that was on screen. I’ve already been padding my resume with “written for cast members of MST3K”.

Let’s do this again sometime soon. But for an easier movie, please.

• 10 detroit's mister X on Jan 30, 2008 at 12:30 pm

It was both a pleasure and a nightmare-as much respect I had for your craft before, you can triple it now ( I can only imagine that you guys STILL have Battlefield Earth flashbacks…)

Thanks for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity…

• 11 Johnny B on Jan 30, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Ever since Mike proclaimed B’n'R as, not just the worst movie, but “the worst THING ever”, I swore to avoid this like a penile endoscopy. Thanks to you, now I feel I’m finally ready for painful insertion.

• 12 Isaac S. on Jan 30, 2008 at 1:45 pm

The pleasure was all ours!

• 13 Rufus T. on Jan 30, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Congratulations to all that were involved in this project. I got about 10 minutes into the riffing process before I lunged at the dvd player in order to eject the filth that is Batman and Robin. Well done to all that made B&R tolerable!

• 14 Mr. Slick on Jan 30, 2008 at 8:38 pm

“latex-nipple-fest” isn’t that the latest promotional gimick at the Sizzler?

• 15 Natureboy (Ken) on Jan 31, 2008 at 6:36 am

Bill, did Mike suggest B&R because you guys didn’t want to watch it?

Also, when you guys are recording, are you just line reading by timecodes or are you watching the film as well?

We need another Ask Bill blog soon, a lot of questions have popped up since the last time you offered to answer questions.

• 16 Bill Corbett on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:27 am

It wasn’t specifically because we didn’t want to watch it, Ken –though Lord knows we were happy to be spared that. I think it was more because so many people on the forum wanted to see it done, and it seemed like a good fit given that.

“Also, when you guys are recording, are you just line reading by timecodes or are you watching the film as well”

Watching the film, too.

As for another Q & A, I’d be happy to do it, but I don’t want to assume it’s anything people need or want. This site runs pretty well on its own, especially the forum.

• 17 Natureboy (Ken) on Jan 31, 2008 at 9:19 am

I don’t think anyone would object to another Q&A with you Bill……we would love it (check out my out of control ego, speaking for the rest of the board).

As far as asking about B&R, that has at the top of the request list since the start of Rifftrax and I just figured Mike just refused to watch it.

If that is the case, I guess the fans will have to write Red Dawn or Dune as well.

Bill, I really appriciate your efforts in communicating with the fans. The blog is now the first thing I check on this website.

• 18 Bill Corbett on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:47 pm

Belated thanks, Ken! (posted quite a bit after)