I don’t want to be indelicate, but…

February 29th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 56 Comments

…if one has a regular problem with expelling certain offensive gasses, and if one is often embarrassed, inconvenienced, or accused of murder for the expulsion of said gasses… one now has the opportunity to explore certain options vis-a-vis one’s stinkiosity.

Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to…

SUBTLE BUTT!

sbcategory-11.jpg

Here’s their anything-but-subtle promo video:

Now go forth, dear friends, and neutralize your foulness!

May your butts always be subtle.

• 1 Rufus T. on Feb 29, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Oh Bill. You give us such nice things. Oh and Terri Gar has really let herself go.

• 2 Nelly McDairy on Feb 29, 2008 at 8:57 pm

Relief! Oh–but I can’t read the directions for use. Apply directly to the towel rack?

• 3 Ninjew on Feb 29, 2008 at 8:57 pm

You know Bill, this still doesn’t absolve you from using your Composting Toilet…

• 4 Adam on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:03 pm

Finally, a way to neutralize disposable gas!

I’m sorry.

…ok, actually I’m not. But I at least recognize that I should be.

• 5 Mr. Slick on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Will it get rid of the gas & stench emanating from those wanna-be riffers I see on YouTube! P.U!

• 6 Brian O. on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Phaw! PHAW! My ass is meant to be seen! Heard! Smelled! FEARED!!!

• 7 Grissle McThornBody on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Huh..I wonder if that would work for my ball sack sweat smell as well…

• 8 Take5 on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:46 pm

And yet, the ad asking if the Jonas Bros. or Zac Efron is hotter still disturbs me more…

• 9 Beautiful Houndstooth on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:48 pm

Sigh… still no limerick…

• 10 karen on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:52 pm

ooh. that would be grand to have! oy!

so, where’s the bacon?! perhaps it could be used for eating too MUCH bacon…

• 11 karen on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:52 pm

is it also wrong that the 3xs i’ve seen MST3K i’ve fallen asleep? not that is bad. i’ve been watching it when its kind of late….:D

it is funny though. i liked it better when you’se guys were on. the previous dude was not enough energy…

• 12 Drewsolo "lunchpail" on Feb 29, 2008 at 10:01 pm

This clearly covers the “natural gases” But the question that people must know is does it “protect” against “sh-arts” (I can see the Google searches now for shart) =P

I’m sure the Director must be Michael Bey, after the last few stink bombs he has dropped on us lately. (is still trying to get the stench off me from The Island)

• 13 gammer on Feb 29, 2008 at 10:03 pm

I think this approach to solving the “gas” issue one might have, is a typical North American way of thinking; reactive as to proactive. “Lets treat the problem instead of the source“.
    I say, eliminate the source of the bad gas and you eliminate the problem. Done.

• 14 Drewsolo "lunchpail" on Feb 29, 2008 at 10:07 pm

falling asleep watching MST3K??? Previous dude????

What alternate universe/ worm hole have I fallen into…..
    (curls up into a feedle position)

• 15 Artist Aaronius, Formerly Known as Aaron on Mar 1, 2008 at 2:02 am

All this product brings to mind in me, is the infamous south park monster Scuzzle Butt.

• 16 John H. on Mar 1, 2008 at 4:17 am

Hate to spoil the gag, but this is almost certainly a fake. Check out who it was “designed” by.

• 17 AmandaGal on Mar 1, 2008 at 4:20 am

I was just kidding when I said DisembAudio gave me gas. You guys don’t have to go get Bill involved.

I’ll take the hint, gees.

• 18 AmandaGal on Mar 1, 2008 at 4:39 am

The ad may be fake (and I doubt it, it looks like a small company), but the product seems real:
    Garmet Guard

I’ve seen Garment Guard at a store in real life, so I know it really exists.

• 19 karen on Mar 1, 2008 at 6:36 am

um, i meant pre-mike nelson?

and it was around 11pm (a late night for me)
    however it was still funny -the movie was about the cave dwellers. so terrible! they just stuck in random lines. it made no sense so it was even funnier.

i think it was the warmth of the blanekt and my fellow MST3k male fan next to me.

its no alternate unierse. its reality. i thought they had a point where mike nelson didi the “commentating” amongst other things. i believe the 1st host went on to do kids programming.

oh those robots! :D

• 20 wakachiwaka on Mar 1, 2008 at 7:40 am

If you like Subtle Butt, try GG’s other products, like “SkidOut”. To quote their site:

Simply rub Skid Out on:
    • Deodorant skid marks;
    • Toothpaste drools;
    • Other real-life bloopers.

• 21 Tv Miller on Mar 1, 2008 at 8:10 am

It’s worth a look to see the alternative videos suggested when the video is over…such as this winner:

• 22 dignan on Mar 1, 2008 at 9:22 am

I know we’re not talking bacon here, but I just have to share this:

Salad bowls…made out of bacon!

• 23 mrbasehart on Mar 1, 2008 at 9:41 am

• 24 MikeP on Mar 1, 2008 at 9:54 am

Give them points for the pun in “Subtle Butt”. Much better than the earlier names, “Discreet Ass” and “SmartFart”

• 25 A.M.P. on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:07 am

Allow me to be the first to just step forward here and say…

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• 26 Chris on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:10 am

“SmartFart” is awesome, MikeP — no doubt an earlier version that involved significant tubing, a series of large canisters, and a unique power source.

• 27 Chris on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:12 am

Sick of those “healthy” salads? Do something about it by adding sodium and fat by the bucketful!

• 28 SuperDragon on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:16 am

Dear God, man! Are you actually suggesting we eliminate chili dogs and Thai food from the food supply?!?!

• 29 bob the hog on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:17 am

Dr. Latus considers sniffing shorts the best part of her job.

• 30 Drewsolo "lunchpail" on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:43 am

Its not Fake, the Local morning radio show a couple of weeks ago were going on and on about this product, they played a commercial of it on Air, and had ordered some for the ppl at the station

T-95 Rocks! ( puts up the metal sign) heh

• 31 Drewsolo "lunchpail" on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:47 am

……and although its hard to figure out which one is worse, you have to be careful not to confuse Michael Bey, with Michael Rae……the Director of Laserblast (episode 706)

• 32 MikeP on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:50 am

I think it involved artificial intelligence of some sort, too. But once SmartFart gained sentience, it realized how demeaning its job was self destructed.

• 33 wakachiwaka on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:20 am

No – simply instituting capital punishment for flatulence.

• 34 Bill Corbett on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:57 am

“But…where does the smell go? If it’s filtereed through the patch thingy, is there a concentrated dose of fart smell still lingering?”

The patch is actually a dimensional portal, and all the foulness is going to a parallel universe. Those poor bastards.

• 35 Yanni on Mar 1, 2008 at 12:06 pm

seriously, what the hell is up with zac? Is he confused on how to put on a shirt or something?

• 36 mrbasehart on Mar 1, 2008 at 4:06 pm

SmartFart sounds like something someone would use to employ in the most tactically sound situations.

• 37 Beautiful Houndstooth on Mar 1, 2008 at 5:01 pm

To be perfectly indelicate, I’d think lining one of these charcoal pads up with yer erm… stinkhole might be more challenging than depicted.

• 38 Rowsdower on Mar 1, 2008 at 5:50 pm

And why exactly did they give the thong to the senior citizen?

• 39 Natureboy (Ken) on Mar 1, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Parallel universe? Xenu, NOOOOOOOOO!

• 40 MonkeyCheezPants on Mar 1, 2008 at 6:47 pm

Somebody contact Aperture Science. If it works the way Bill says it does, they may have a patent infringement case.

• 41 MonkeyCheezPants on Mar 1, 2008 at 6:48 pm

One word. GMILF.

Okay, that was an acronym, not a word.

• 42 MonkeyCheezPants on Mar 1, 2008 at 6:52 pm

From the makers of Subtle Butt:

• 43 Chris on Mar 1, 2008 at 7:23 pm

SmartFart: for precision strikes, the next weapon in the War on Terror.

• 44 MikeP on Mar 1, 2008 at 7:30 pm

SmartFart: Minimizes beef-related collateral damage.

SmartFart: He who smelt it, dealt it with extreme prejudice.

• 45 bob the hog on Mar 1, 2008 at 7:53 pm

That sounds dangerous. You could end up with the Chronicles of Narnia up your ass.

• 46 Botchinator on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:58 pm

That’s some serious beef.

• 47 Courtney on Mar 2, 2008 at 7:19 am

Not just Narnia. You could end up with the TARDIS right up your kiester. I know it’s bigger on the inside and all, but that would still sting.

• 48 bob the hog on Mar 2, 2008 at 8:48 am

The Kingdom of Narnia, Dr. Who, and Richard Dean Anderson. Frankly, I’d rather pass gas.

• 49 wakachiwaka on Mar 2, 2008 at 8:55 am

It’s what everyone’s talking about.

• 50 Mephisto the Great on Mar 2, 2008 at 9:05 am

So when does “iFart” come online? You know, the small yet powerful virtual alternative?

• 51 Bill Corbett on Mar 2, 2008 at 9:14 am

Apologies, BH. I didn’t want to get in the way of the political riffs. Give me two days.

Sorry, my fault. Hitting myself with a potted cactus as we speak.

• 52 R.A. Roth on Mar 2, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Smelling explosive bellicose farts is all I have left in the world, and now someone wants to take away my sole pleasure in life.

(sniffs, sniffs some more)

See, nothing. Not even the slightest pong of chilidog gas to be breathed and treasured.

Damn you Subtle Butt!

Randy

• 53 Beautiful Houndstooth on Mar 2, 2008 at 6:26 pm

No prob BC. The therapist says it shouldn’t take more than 6 or 7 years to resolve the trust issues I’ve developed because of the delay.

• 54 SEISMIC on Mar 3, 2008 at 10:28 am

this still sounds so wrong to me-maybe since I love them all! Plus saying Joel (the other dude does have a name) has not enough energy sounds so-I don’t know-criminalistic!! His sense of humor IS so layed back but to say he had no energy…well,..those who have ever seen him perform live know the truth! So-how about them dolphins!?!?!

• 55 Drewsolo "lunchpail" on Mar 3, 2008 at 10:45 pm

Agreed Seismic,
    I was at the Feb 12th CT Launch Show. Joel was awesome and hilarious….. and so were the rest of the Titans.

If anyone is interested I have several pictures of the show and after show here http://www.myspace.com/drewsolo79

• 56 MST3Kelly on Sep 1, 2008 at 1:30 pm

if only I’d had this for my last boyfriend.