Fran Lebowitz…

March 21st, 2008 by Kevin Murphy · 15 Comments

Fran Lebowitz

…Will thank you very kindly not to post pictures of her and pretend they’re images of Mickey Dolenz or Shane McGowan. Please. And now if you don’t mind, she’s going to find Shane and have a cigarette.

Tags: RiffTrax · Shane McGowan-Related Items · Trends

• 1 Strawberry5 on Mar 21, 2008 at 6:35 am

For a second there I thought you were talking about *Fawn* Lebowitz…

She was from Fort Wayne, IN if I remember correctly.

• 2 MikeP on Mar 21, 2008 at 8:06 am

It’s easy to confuse Fran and Shane: they’re both timeless beauties.

• 3 Barry on Mar 21, 2008 at 8:40 am

Wow, Howard Stern has really let himself go.

• 4 Dan Noutko-Kennedy on Mar 21, 2008 at 10:14 am

Did Oscar Wilde have a more mannish, chain smoking younger brother?

• 5 R.A. Roth on Mar 21, 2008 at 10:55 am

If Larry King let his hair grow…

Correction.

If Larry King HAD hair to grow, he’d look like this.

Randy

• 6 GMaupin on Mar 21, 2008 at 11:50 am

I hate to throw another curveball in, with so many identities already mistaken that you fellas are in danger of a suit from the Gogol estate, but I’m pretty sure that’s Geoffrey Rush on the day of his Sweeney Todd screentest. Sorry that didn’t work out, Geoff, but you know Tim & Johnny.

• 7 Judith on Mar 21, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Do not be dissing Ms. Lebowitz. A modern-day Dorothy Parker? Maybe. Get hold of a copy of “Metropolitan Life” and see what I mean.

Repent, Kevin Murphy!

Judith

• 8 wakachiwaka on Mar 21, 2008 at 7:35 pm

You’re all crazy. That’s obviously Gary Louris of the Jayhawks and Golden Smog fame.

• 9 Sherlock Dan on Mar 21, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Aha! Once again, I have found out the truth…. the identity, the true identity of the person in that photo is none other then…. Kevin Murphy!
    That’s right, Kevin Murphy has once again gone to lenghts unbeknownst to human kind to make himself look like Fran Lebowitz! I must say that while his efforts are noble, they are in vain because I, Sherlock Dan have unlocked the mystery! Good work, Mr. Murphy- or should I call you Moriarity?

• 10 Attalina on Mar 22, 2008 at 10:54 am

Hey! Lay off Micky Dolenz. And you misspelled his name, you ass.

• 11 Mr. Slick on Mar 22, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Wait a minute… that’s a woman?!!! wow! I thought I was watching Beowulf again!

• 12 Dave-o on Mar 22, 2008 at 5:32 pm

nononono…thats dustin hoffman in drag (again) for his latest role…

P.S. Kevin, though its been a while since “A Year at the Movies” came out, i have just got my hands on a copy and i have to say, its moved me…i was expecting nonstop quips and ripping apart movies, but its that and so much more, Bravo! Brava! thank you for this book, its excellent
    P.S.S. to quote Groucho Marx, have you ever noticed that Peter O’Toole has a double fallic name?

• 13 wakachiwaka on Mar 22, 2008 at 9:32 pm

And if you stew tomatoes in apple cider they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

Now go, and never darken my towels again.

• 14 Allene on Nov 30, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Fran is on TV ranting about keeping tourists out of NYC so she can walk across Times Square without having a tourist in her way…..seriously, can you be more arrogant and obnoxious?? I live 2 hours north of NYC and am constantly dealing with all the animals running up here on the weekends and aggravating us too and we are all supposed to consider ourselves lucky up here….Hey Geoffrey Rush with a hangover….I’ll stay out of your city if you and your city freak friends stay out of our country,,,take your throw, back beatnik, BS and keep it to yourself.

GJIJAC

• 15 Susan Means on Dec 14, 2010 at 9:10 am

Fran Lebowitz is a genius as well as a national treasure. I’m sure she’d be thrilled to know that the jackasses who air their pathetic attempts at ridiculing her are not her fans.