Larry the Cable Guy, pah!

April 29th, 2008 by Mike Nelson · 15 Comments

We now own – OWN – the ringtone market.
Ringtones728x90B

Bill as Bonesaw; Kevin calling you names; Mike exhorting you to remember the most important thing about pain you’ll ever learn – all emanating from your pocket! And unless and until you’ve heard Disembaudio croak out his own special paint-peelingly wonderful take on “Carol of the Bells”, you haven’t lived, friends.

Our ringtone page explains it all, but the logistics are handled by our friends at Thumbplay. While you’re there, you can download the latest from Ray J, the throbbing, obscene “Sexy Can I”. I really wouldn’t have thought he had it in him.

• 1 Daniel on Apr 29, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Rifftrax has now cemented their place as a super conglomerate!

Congratulations, guys! I hope that you will enjoy the whole of humanity as your willing slaves! Controlling the world isn’t easy (look at Karl Rove) so good luck! Hope you have a big enough dungeon to put all your “freedom fighters!”

• 2 Tv Miller on Apr 29, 2008 at 12:45 pm

It’s going to be hard to surrender my Crow deposition for Mike’s trial ringtone I crafted some time ago but Bill, get to work on more f**k*ng clips like the Mace Windu one and I’m sold. Most ringtones are 30 seconds long aren’t they?

• 3 Kris on Apr 29, 2008 at 1:02 pm

I agree: this is clear evidence that RiffTrax is slowly but surely taking over the world (which is a good thing, really!). Will it be a benevolent triumvirate, or do you guys just plan on brawling with each other for supremacy, cage-match style?

• 4 Bill Corbett on Apr 29, 2008 at 1:03 pm

SELL OUTS!!!!

• 5 RemmieBarrow on Apr 29, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Great, now we can annoy people in public with your lilting tones.

• 6 Courtney on Apr 29, 2008 at 3:32 pm

The Kevin “Be Bacon!” ringtone is kind of frightening in a David Lynch-ian way. I will probably have nightmares about it. Thanks guys.

• 7 ShutterBun on Apr 29, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Touche’, Mr. Corbett.

• 8 Queen Bee on Apr 29, 2008 at 5:34 pm

What a glorious world we live in, that the dulcet tones of Kevin Murphy yelling about bacon might now emanate directly from the buttocks of all the world’s Rifftrax fans.

I’ll wait until there’s a ringtone of the awesome dance hall music from “The Creeping Terror.” Then, and only then, am I in.

• 9 MonkeyCheezPants on Apr 29, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Awww, it doesn’t look like it works on iPhones. That makes me a sad panda.

• 10 Casey on Apr 30, 2008 at 6:36 am

*crosses fingers* I am hoping for a barbershop trio version of Schnappi!

• 11 wurwolf on Apr 30, 2008 at 7:14 am

I second that.

• 12 Ben on Apr 30, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Don’t mince words. What do you really think?

• 13 MikeP on Apr 30, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Are any of these designed so that adults can hear them?

• 14 AmandaGal on Apr 30, 2008 at 11:53 pm

Mike said my name! He totally loves me and that’s the proof. I must send him all my money. That’s what the last guy who said my name told me was expected anyway . . .

In seriousness, if I didn’t detest ringtones, I’d download one. The only time I’ve ever had a talking ringtone was when I had “Baby Got Back” on my phone, for the irony of it. Those were good times. Get Dis to sing that and I’m there.

• 15 Krunchy on May 2, 2008 at 10:33 am

Is there a chance we could have newly recorded versions of old songs and skits, like um, Sodium or Tubular Boobular Joy? I can see the commercials now.

Now, from sessions, all your favorite classics, redone by their original artists … well, some of the original artists … ok, the nephew of the guy who played keyboards on the last semi-good song they’ve ever done. Hey look, it’s Zamfir !! and Boxcar Willie !!

I really need to turn my crank to frank, I hear Bill Corbett is doing a tribute to the best Riotgrrl bands of the 90’s.