Comic-Con Tips

May 23rd, 2008 by Conor Lastowka · 13 Comments

Comic-Con! As of today, it’s only 2 months away! RiffTrax, of course, will be proudly holding down booth #3251, but if you’re a Comic-Con first timer, the whole experience can be daunting. Fortunately, the official Comic-Con newsletter has arrived in mailboxes this week, and offers a series of 40 tips for the Comic-Con newbie.

comic con tips

So much information to digest! Is there anything notably comical that we can single out from this list of 40 items?

dont smell bad

Ah, there we go. We’ll see you at Comic-Con.

Tags: Comic Con · Events · RiffTrax

• 1 Queen Bee on May 23, 2008 at 10:15 am

The fact that they felt this was necessary? Well… let’s just say that my nephews’ stroller came with the following warning tag: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FOLD SEAT WHILE CHILD IS STILL INSIDE.

• 2 Gary Glover on May 23, 2008 at 10:52 am

Damn! Now I gotta throw out my Lone Ranger shirt AND buy deodorant! This is hard work.

• 3 Courtney on May 23, 2008 at 10:52 am

*raises hand* Will my t-shirt with Arch Hall Jr.’s face on it give a bad impression? Or an awesome one? Or a terrifying one? I’m totally fine with the latter two options.

• 4 Mike Nelson on May 23, 2008 at 11:29 am

Not an issue for me as I will be sporting nothing but my LEATHER BATTLE PANTIES!

(In answer to your question, No – I will not stop typing those words. Not now. Not ever.)

• 5 Courtney on May 23, 2008 at 11:35 am

The first rule about Leather Battle Panties is you never talk about Leather Battle Panties.

• 6 Hugh on May 23, 2008 at 1:11 pm

I’m glad you mentioned this before I reproduced. Dodged a bullet, there.

• 7 Queen Shadowrama on May 23, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Mike, I fully expect you to keep this promise. I can’t go to Comic-Con, but I’m sure I’ll see pictures of the event after it happens. If you are not wearing those leather battle panties for the entire con, I will call you a liar and a coward to your face.

Well, okay not to your face because you’re in California and I’m on the other side of the country, but I will totally say mean things about you on the internet. So, grrrr…and stuff.

• 8 mathey on May 23, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Body odor, t-shirts stained with sweat and stretched to the breaking point, weirdly hairy arms, and a certain goggle-eyed stare are the cornerstones of any GENUINE Comic Con experience. I will be truly disappointed if it goes the way of leather battle pantied doughy Midwesterners. You guys are supposed to be at Dragon Con.

• 9 ms chii on May 24, 2008 at 6:47 am

oy! they are strict with the common sense rules. at one point it was my goal to go to a comic-con and get all dressed up in a cute manga outfit to pick up a man. but then after seeing it…i changed my mind. oy!!!!!

boys, its a girl. shes in our sites….beam me up scotty! etc. no thanks!

• 10 R.A. Roth on May 24, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Mike:

Due to your egregious references to Leather Battle Panties I have developed Leather Battle Panty Complex and must administer packs of Leather Battle Panties to my body in two hour shifts till the condition clears up or I am made entirely out of Leather Battle Panties, which ever comes second to last.

Leather Battle Panty Man

• 11 camcat on Jun 1, 2008 at 9:11 am

YES!! GO DRAGON CON! Only 2 months, 28 days til Atlanta is the place to be. Get your doughy midwestern asses to the deep South and see what we have to offer in the way of insane weirdness. Including the ever amazing Miss Klingon beauty pageant. I swore I couldn’t afford it this year, but if the Riffers show up, I’ll have to mortgage the house or something (the Hyatt ain’t cheap) See y’all there.

• 12 camcat on Jun 1, 2008 at 9:14 am

I wore my brand new “Order of the Stick” tee shirt and it was popularly received

• 13 William Wade on Jun 6, 2008 at 8:06 pm

So are Mike, Kevin and Bill going to be there? Because they are not on the guest list. I’m a huge fan and was hoping to fly there from Florida to see Rifftrax Live! and Comic Con in hopes of experincing some of the magic that the trio has to offer.

What worries me is that the Comic Con times and the Rifftrax Live! start times seem to do not match up. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME CLEAR THIS UP!!!!

Thanks…