It’s Alive… Show

May 23rd, 2008 by Mike Nelson · 37 Comments

Remember how you missed our live show in San Francisco because you said you “can’t just hop on a plane and fly to California port cities all willy nilly just because you three jesters are giving Plan 9 From Outer Space the raspberries”? Well, this time when we perform our Plan 9 live show in a California port city you won’t have any excuse! (D’oh!)

All right, look – we’ll sweeten the deal: we’ll get the historic Balboa Theater to loosen the dress code for one night. You can wear your Leather Battle Panties and your too-tight Lone Ranger t-shirt.

Just NONE OF THIS!
zanbestpose

Or THIS! I mean it!
finalofff

***

BILL adds: Sorry Mike, I can’t make the San Diego show… totally spaced on a paintball game that weekend. But I’m sending this gentleman to riff in my place:

peterKellygrn1 480h

**UPDATE BY MIKE**

Well, Bill, it’s going to be dashed uncomfortable for me because Kevin already committed to sending this fellow in his stead:
Other Kevin

Or is that Kevin…?

**UPDATE BY KEVIN MURPHY **

Gentlemen, Please, That’s decidedly not me, as I have my costume already.  I want to proudly flaunt my L.B.P.’s In San Diego.

LBPs

• 1 Onil on May 23, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Stupid west coast gets all the Rifftrax love. :(

Anyways. Have a great show.

• 2 benedetta on May 23, 2008 at 1:07 pm

yeah come to new york, how does rifftax on the river sound?

• 3 Shawn on May 23, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Ordinarily I’m the first – first! person to vent rage at furries. But… she’s actually kind of cute. To use the vernacular, that’s a “smokin’ bod”. If she’s been persuaded to dress like that, chances are you could get her to wear something that doesn’t have an attached tail, and also to go on a date. I can’t defend Tron Guy, not that anyone would.

Also: damn San Franciscoans getting another Rifftrax Live, just because it’s geographically convenient for you. When are you guys coming to Philadelphia? What, our clogging cheesesteaks not good enough for ya?

• 4 Hugh on May 23, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Is it wrong that I can handle the second picture but not the first one?

• 5 Barry on May 23, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Leave Tron Guy aloooone! Leave him alone, I’m serious!

• 6 MarkAnrew on May 23, 2008 at 2:27 pm

I’m sorry, what where you saying? After looking at that first picture I kinda of zoned out for a bit.

If there are actually hot women who dress like that, I might have to rethink my distain for furries.

• 7 Ben on May 23, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Too bad. I was going to go as the “yes/no” data bit from Tron. I even have the voice down. NONONONONONONO

• 8 Kris on May 23, 2008 at 3:53 pm

Screw NYC – the UK is where it’s at. Rifftrax with posh accents and bangers and mash and good beer!

Still, have fun and all. Lucky jerks who get to see the show….

• 9 remedies on May 23, 2008 at 5:08 pm

go east, young rifftraxers!

(rifftraxians? rifftraxoise?)

or if you head in this general direction at least half of us will quit our bitching.

• 10 wakachiwaka on May 23, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Don’t worry – I’ll leave him very much alone!

(Couldn’t somebody get that guy a dance belt or something? I mean, really! *shudder*)

• 11 Clint on May 23, 2008 at 10:26 pm

I love the way cat-girl’s feline mystique is being offset her needlessly large key chain.

And the PT Cruiser.

• 12 Roper on May 23, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Damn, now where can I wear my handcrafted Mr. B Natural costume.

• 13 Clint on May 23, 2008 at 10:30 pm

And what’s with Tron-boy’s asymmetrical business area? It must be the way he was crossing his legs right before his friends conspired to take his picture (undoubtedly to email to the girl he’s been trying to flirt with who works at the Applebee’s bar).

• 14 Lord Bob on May 23, 2008 at 11:05 pm

Notice there is absolutely no mention of dressing as a gigantic anthropomorphic Tom Servo.

I am frightened by the implications of this.

• 15 Stacia on May 24, 2008 at 1:54 am

Be nice to the Tron Guy, he’s running for a position on the LiveJournal advisory board and doesn’t need your anti-freedom smear tactics!

*sniff* Why do you hate America?

• 16 Teaser on May 24, 2008 at 4:30 am

My Thoughts exactly

• 17 Teaser on May 24, 2008 at 4:32 am

And Yeah..A Philly show would be great…Looks Like a Rifftrax World Tour ‘08

• 18 Teaser on May 24, 2008 at 4:35 am

HaaHaaaa…Too Funnny

• 19 Amanda on May 24, 2008 at 6:01 am

Is that Mr. B Natural’s brother or sister, Bill? I’m confused.

• 20 ms chii on May 24, 2008 at 6:41 am

that is one hot cat on a tin roof. i would just change the shoes and the tail. add a little color and voila! eartha kit as cat woman in batman! holy cat whiskers!

• 21 mathey on May 24, 2008 at 8:35 am

The things that really sells the Tron outfit are the big 80’s style accountant glasses and the walrusy mustache.

• 22 Stacey on May 24, 2008 at 10:43 am

That is *this* guy. He is rad! Been a big fan of his for years.

• 23 Courtney on May 24, 2008 at 11:41 am

If Peter Pan Man is there, I’m so getting my picture taken with him.

• 24 Askbotboy on May 24, 2008 at 11:56 am

Hey Mike, My wife just reminded me we are going to be on vacation the 26th of July, – you wouldn’t mind rescheduling the whole event would you? Great, thanks- it will also give me time to dust off the Sheena costume.

• 25 wakachiwaka on May 24, 2008 at 11:59 am

Thought for a minute it might be another Christian Vander/Magma link…

• 26 Olcas on May 24, 2008 at 1:41 pm

Come to Ireland instead! No cosplayers at all! They’re all REAL Leprechauns!!

• 27 R.A. Roth on May 24, 2008 at 2:15 pm

Yea, I must admit the white fox lady is rather foxy. For a face painter, leotard wearer, and all around weird person.

Randy

• 28 R.A. Roth on May 24, 2008 at 2:22 pm

All right, now I’m obsessed! Who is the fox lady? I must know what manner of hot woman actually geeks out for a weekend of face painting and strolling around a convention arena in a fuzzy skin-tight outfit!

Okay, I’m over it…NO I AM NOT! She wants me, man, I know it! Ooh, foxy fox lady, come to me, I summon you!

There, that should be enough ranting and raving to keep the government disability checks a-rollin’ in.

Randy

• 29 Scooter on May 24, 2008 at 3:47 pm

that’s not a needlessly large key chain
    THIS is a needlessly large keychain

• 30 ms chii on May 24, 2008 at 4:52 pm

uh…….who is the weirdo is the suit that is obviously meant for a lady!

• 31 Brian O. on May 25, 2008 at 10:02 am

If anything, furries need more hot fox girls (and less fat guys pretending to be hot fox girls). You should be promoting HFG in furry fandom, at least then they’d be slightly less freakish (much like cosplay girls in anime fandom).

Except of course, for this guy…
    [img]http://koti.phnet.fi/otaku/cosplay/sailorbubba.jpg[/img]

• 32 Brian O. on May 25, 2008 at 10:05 am

I take that back. About anime that is.

• 33 Natureboy (Ken) on May 25, 2008 at 11:48 am

wow, A show in San Diego instead of San Francisco?? That is much more convienent……from my Atlanta home, that will save me about 150.00 in gas money. WHHHEEEEEEEE WAHOOOOOOOO!

• 34 RemmieBarrow on May 27, 2008 at 3:09 pm

I have never trusted cos-players, furries, or any variety of fanboys.

• 35 Beautiful Houndstooth on May 27, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Pray tell me, why does no one make leather panties of peace?

• 36 ShutterBun on May 27, 2008 at 9:06 pm

Man-Faye! http://site.man-faye.com/
    I managed to get a picture with him last year (we were in costume from the same series as him) He’s lost some weight, but none of the body hair, thankfully.

That being said, my gal and I will be at the live show, NOT in costume.

• 37 ShutterBun on May 27, 2008 at 9:09 pm

I see Scooter has graduated from the Crocodile Dundee School of One-Upmanship.