Buddy movie challenge wwwwwwinner!

June 16th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 12 Comments

You stepped up, ladies and gentlemen.

You stepped up, planted yourselves at the plate, spat on your hands, took a few practice swings, stepped BACK from the damned plate (as we all checked our watches), stuffed a big gob of Red Man into your cheeks, adjusted your helmet for like another five minutes, then finally stepped up again and looked me in the eye. And what did I throw at you? These two unlikely critters:

Jean Claude Van Dammeharvey fierstein

Yes, you took on the challenge of pitching me a Harvey FiersteinJean Claude Van Damme BUDDY MOVIE, and many of you came up with hilarious ideas.

Others of you are… rather odd people, aren’t you? I’m impressed by the number of you who thought it best to cast Messrs. Fierstein and Van Damme as inanimate objects, particulary food. Still, there was a mad genius afoot in many of your posts… you sick bastards.

The winner is Shamala, for this billion-dollar idea:

“Frank Jumeaux (Jean), a take no prisoners street cop, and Frank Jumelle (Fierstein), owner of a local theater, receive a “mind transplant” during a raid gone wrong. The action/comedy never stops while Frank (Jean in Fierstein’s body) tries to save the theater’s reputation with a new martial arts play, and Frank (Fierstein in Jean’s body) defeats the evil mob boss Targe Leon (Most) who is trying to put the theater out of business!”

Well done. Please claim your free Rifftrax by emailing erik@RIFFTRAX.COM. Subject line (must be EXACT, to the tiniest bit of punctuation and spacing!): “Bill’s Continued Abuse of Erik’s Worktime, um, Contest.”

If you haven’t read through the other proposed movies people dreamed up, give yourself a treat. I guffawed loudly, many times, reading ‘em.

(Honorable mention to Nanobots, who gave me a true belly laugh when I read the following sentence: “In the climatic scene, Van Damme and a 49-pound monkey jump into a star fighter, and fly up to take out the orbiting alien ship.”)

Clever fiends, the lot of you.

• 1 G-Force on Jun 16, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Congratulations to the winner!

• 2 Mystok on Jun 17, 2008 at 5:03 am

Congratulations Shamala! But you better watch your back as I have a great script for a buddy picture featuring Chuck Norris and Kermit the Frog.

• 3 Onil on Jun 17, 2008 at 8:07 am

Pssst, Bill, you’ve mistakenly put up a picture of Gary Oldman’s Dracula instead of Big Harvey Fierstein.

• 4 Onil on Jun 17, 2008 at 8:08 am

ack, how rude of me. Congratulations to Shamala. :)

• 5 Nanobots on Jun 17, 2008 at 11:38 am

I’ll have to admit that Shamala’s idea was better, but mine was a SEQUEL. And sequel’s are guaranteed big box-office, as everyone associated with “Caddyshack 2″ can tell you!

Well, I’m happy enough to have gotten a honorable mention out of my attempt. My next script idea will be even better! Congrats to Shamala!

• 6 WaffleTron on Jun 17, 2008 at 11:43 am

Bill, give mine an honorable mention, please. I realize asking for it is extremely dishonorable.

• 7 RemmieBarrow on Jun 17, 2008 at 2:10 pm

It makes more sence than anything M Night Samilan..Shanilain..Shimilinger..(That guy who love to use those twist endings all the time) puts out.

• 8 Shamalama on Jun 17, 2008 at 3:39 pm

Wow! This is great! I don’t think I have ever won anything before!

Thank you for all the congrats!!

Oh, and my full nickname is Shamalama! Which I had given to me way before that no talent hack M Night! (Seriously though, my Japanese friend gave it to me because she couldn’t pronounce my real name, which is Seamus :)

• 9 Stacia on Jun 17, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Congrats Shamalama! I really like your spec, especially the name of Donny Most’s character.

• 10 Shamalama on Jun 17, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Thanks!

A bonus cookie for whoever makes the connection of the last names of the Franks.

(I will even put fish eggs in the cookie if you can prove you are French and instulted by them!)

• 11 Barry on Jun 18, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Congrats to Shamalamadingdong! (Hey, nobody else seems able to get the name right, so why should I even try?)

Also, I know I mercilessly violated the rules by going over the word limit, but I still hope mine was one of those that Made Bill Laugh.

• 12 ms chii on Jun 19, 2008 at 1:23 pm

awww. congrats! i’d be a little worried that it could be misused. after all, anyone could copy the note codes, etc. but i my guess is that since you have to put your email……:) (good to have security)