Do you want a Rifftrax live show in your neck of the woods?

June 19th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 62 Comments

This is just the beginning of the start of a possible exploration of a potential idea of something that may or may not happen, if the stars align and angels appear in the outfield.

…Is that vague and non-commital enough? Yes? Thank you.

RifftraxLogo

But if you can forgive me for dumping a truckload of vagueness on you like this, here’s a place to start letting us know:

Right HERE.

If you can’t forgive me… well, I understand. Joey Pants would never indulge such vagueness. (Unless you stole his hat, which might distract him…)

joe pantoliano1

***

UPDATE 6/22 by Bill: I posted this in the Rifftrax Forum under the same topic, and it applies here too:

“Thank you for all the replies, ladies and gentlemen. I’ll occasionally be poking this thread with a stick, seeing if there’s any more life in it, and generally reminding you that a Rifftrax Live show in your neighborhood depends somewhat on your show of interest on the Eventful link.

And that’s because if an oh-so-theoretical Rifftrax Live show is produced in conjunction with an equally-theoretical producing organization or space, a big show of interest in any particular geographic area will be good info to a shy (and at present, theoretical) producing partner.

I know the vagueness is annoying, sorry. But that’s all we have at present: our chiseled good looks, and annoying vagueness.

So please the link provided above to express your interest. It’s nice if you echo it here, but it doesn’t help much.

Thanks, and also thank you.

bc”

• 1 J.R. Ewing on Jun 19, 2008 at 11:23 pm

I would humbly suggest you guys come to the glorious city of Des Moines, IA!

• 2 Bill Corbett on Jun 19, 2008 at 11:25 pm

J.R.,

Thanks for your humble suggestion.

Please go on the Eventful site and start a demand. That way we can start tracking things like this, and not depend on my sieve-like memory.

bc

• 3 Shawn on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:23 am

I demanded that you perform in Philadelphia! Joining another person who made the same demand! Is our demanding demeanor too much for you to handle? well, I demand you get used to it! Arrgh! Testosterone! Blaaahhh! (Wait, that’s vampires.)

• 4 Christopher Majewski on Jun 20, 2008 at 1:18 am

I’d like to grovel at your feet (Read: more humbly) and suggest a Rifftrax shindig Cincinnati, Ohio. Y’see, I’m a little farther from you all than say, oh..Des Moines, so that involves a bit more bootlicking.

• 5 Ninjew on Jun 20, 2008 at 3:32 am

I don’t “demand” that you perform in Philadelphia.

I “respectfully request” that you perform in Philadelphia.

However, if you don’t see fit to fulfill my request:

THIS ADORABLE LITTLE PUPPY GETS WASTED!!

And you don’t want to see a drunk puppy stagger around the yard, DO YOU?

• 6 Tim D on Jun 20, 2008 at 4:35 am

Oh, man you are SO Philly!

And to prove my Philly-ness, here goes….

E! A! G! L! E! S! EAGLES!!!!

(Fly, Eagles, fly… on the road to victory…)

Now I must call WIP and ask Howard Eskin about the Dadvale on the Schuykill.

• 7 Ryan on Jun 20, 2008 at 5:29 am

I demand a Philadelphia show!
    But I would really like to see a different one than the Plan 9 Rifftrax. Just not that thrilled with that one, personally.

• 8 Ben on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:11 am

I demand that kids stay off my lawn! I demand free money and beer!

• 9 Rob T Firefly on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:32 am

Joey Pants and I humbly request that you consider dear old New York City.

Well, I humbly request. Joey Pants sort of barked an order to that effect. Although he might have just been requesting a new Kangol hat and I mis-heard.

• 10 Courtney on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:53 am

Hey I have a question, so is Motownphilly back again doing a little east coast fling or what? Not too hard, not too soft? I’ve heard rumors to that effect.

• 11 Courtney on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:57 am

I have made my demands. Now it’s up to you guys. Just give me the money to pay for Christian Slater’s scooter and apologize. FAIR IS FAIR! *chops hair off*

Oh dammit, I think I messed up.

• 12 Onil on Jun 20, 2008 at 7:08 am

I second Philadephia and also propose Harrisburg, PA.

Ideally, I’d like you to come to New York but that would be expensive for all involved, Rifftrax and fans alike.

Philadelphia is convenient for New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Delaware fans.

Harrisburg is nicely situated for Ohio, Maryland, and Virginia fans.

• 13 Mr.Slick on Jun 20, 2008 at 7:18 am

I wish upon a star every night that you guys will appear in the L.A. area… Joey Pants on the other hand says if you don’t he & his Matrix agent friends will come over to your house Bill and whack your daughter’s imaginary dogs.

Do it for the dogs BILL!!!!

• 14 Tim D on Jun 20, 2008 at 7:26 am

Courtney- I had to look up that reference and I’m somewhat proud to say that I had no idea what you were talking about. Now that I do know this Boyz II Men reference, I must drink myself into a stupor to forget.

Well, any reason to drink myself into a stupor, really.

• 15 Courtney on Jun 20, 2008 at 7:34 am

I will take any reason to either drink myself into a stupor, or make a Boyz II Men reference (because it really is so hard to say goodbye to yesterdayyyyaayyy), preferably to someone who has no idea what I’m talking about and has to subsequently look it up. So win-win!

• 16 Kelly on Jun 20, 2008 at 8:08 am

I am clearly not smart enough to demand anything on the Eventful site! I put in my zip code when prompted for… well, my zip code (can you blame me here) not the zip code where I demand Riff Trax to come.

I would drive to Philly no problem but I really don’t expect big time super stars like Mike, Kevin, and Bill to come to Queenstown, Maryland, which is the zip code I put in since that is my zip code.

Whatever, just please come to the east coast. It’s lovely here. We love you here. We love you in our own special, reserved, keep you at arms length kind of way.

• 17 Invader_Quirk on Jun 20, 2008 at 8:15 am

I say put on a show smack dab in the middle of the US, in Lawrence, KS. They love that kind of stuff here, plus this is (fairly) near where Riff Raff Theater, ICWXP, and QuipTracks are located.

• 18 Erik on Jun 20, 2008 at 8:20 am

That’s good also. Because it helps us get an idea of where people are done been at.

• 19 Neb on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:02 am

I have dutifully made my “demand” that Rifftrax come to Seattle. May I suggest “The Big Picture” for a venue? Nice theater with a full bar! Wait, only over-21 folks are allowed in, and I’m sure there are a lot of under-21 types on here, too.

Could we pack the 5th Avenue?

• 20 Walter on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:07 am

Dallas is the closest you could get to me and still have a big turnout…but you could try Shreveport.

• 21 MikeP on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:13 am

I’ve tried to add my demand, but that site is a total gong show and would not earn the Joey Pants Gold Beret of Approval.

First, I tried to add my demand to Vancouver, BC, since I know there’s little chance of enticing the show to my Siberia-esque locale. The site forced me to register, and then entered a demand for my home address, not Vancouver. Brilliant.

Then I get an email with the subject line “Please Confirm” and the first line of the message is “Congrats! Your demand is confirmed.” How zen.

• 22 Kleenex on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:30 am

I dunno. Philly might boo it. They will boo anything.

• 23 Kleenex on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:31 am

I seconded a demand for a show here in Las Vegas. Just think how much it will confuse Celine Dion!

• 24 SLP on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:32 am

Don’t know what size venue you’re looking for, but we’ve got a lot of fun & funky places in and around the Washington, DC area – The Barns at Wolf Trap. the Birchmere, how about the lawn at the Washington Monument (they’ve got the big screen tech. down), the State Theater in Falls Church…. Plus, the east coast is just about ready for Rifftrax!

• 25 Thom_Serveaux on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:40 am

…Or mayhap, you could instead head up North (By Northwest) and visit ‘The Mistake on the Lake’,. But make no mistake about the warm greeting that you’ll receive here in Erie PA, Bill..

• 26 Tim D on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:44 am

Hey, that Santa Claus was DRUNK and AWFUL! And we didn’t boo him so much as throw snowballs.

Even Governor Rendell threw snowballs at the visiting Dallas Cowboys once. Ah, we truly have a lust for life here.

• 27 Chris D. on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:46 am

It only makes sense you do a show in the Twin Cities since 2/3 of you live here!

• 28 Ninjew on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:47 am

We’re done boo-ing. After Mitch Williams blew the series, there’s nothing lower than that.

• 29 Tim D on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:48 am

I’m with you Ben, shoulder to shoulder, united in this common cause that all America can agree on. This shall be our finest hour.

Ooh! And boobies too!

• 30 Ben on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Oh yes…and free boobies. Let the movement begin.

Boobies, beer and Ben Franklins…in that exact order.

• 31 Herve Villechaize on Jun 20, 2008 at 1:01 pm

I demand de plane!

• 32 GMaupin on Jun 20, 2008 at 1:19 pm

How did Louisville treat you, Kevin? We’ve got at least 2 theatres – 1 at a college – that would host such a thing (3 if you came in summertime – Actors Theatre is pretty swanky). And the Last Call folks would surely give a hand.

Plus: Happy Balls for everyone!

• 33 justhesh on Jun 20, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Oh GOD yes, I would want this. You guys were my Sesame Street. And now you’re my…I dunno…Cosby Show or Sex and the City or something, whatever grown people are watching these days.

• 34 RemmieBarrow on Jun 20, 2008 at 1:55 pm

We need you guys to come down to Fort Worth, TX. This town desperately needs your brand of humor.

• 35 mathey on Jun 20, 2008 at 2:31 pm

New Orleans needs you! It was home of the New Orleans Worst Film Festival, after all.

• 36 Glyn on Jun 20, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Can you come to my house?
    That’d be great.
    I’m real lazy.
    Or Atlanta, is ok too, though I’d have to get dressed.

• 37 Adam on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Do the boobies have to be attached to anything, or are they just free-floating?

• 38 Adam on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:07 pm

I demanded a performance in Jersey. Specifically Belmar, but I’d settle for, say, Red Bank, or Asbury Park…actually I’d settle for anything within an hour’s drive or so.

But that’s it. You guys are fantastic, but…$4 a gallon, for crying out loud.

• 39 Ben on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:48 pm

Free-floating? You mean like ghost boobies? The spirits of dead strippers haunting the living until Ghostboobybusters show up to capture them?

Honestly, we will cater to all sorts.

We will introduce a new amendment that the rights of boobies, being necessary to the security of a free state, shall not be infringed and they have the right be kept and bared until they “are pried from my cold, dead fingers”.

• 40 mikeB on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Dallas! Kevin owes us a visit since being sick the last time he tried to come down here.

• 41 G-Force on Jun 20, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Boston! That would be incredible, though make sure it happens while I’m there for school…

• 42 Brian O. on Jun 21, 2008 at 1:06 am

Seattle! HOME OF GRUNGE!
    Seattle! HOME OF BRUCE LEE!
    Seattle! HOME OF JIMI HENDRIX!
    Seattle! HOME OF BIGFOOT!
    Seattle! HOME OF BOEING!
    Seattle! HOME OF THE SPACE NEEDLE!
    Seattle! HOME OF THE MONORAIL!
    Seattle! AND FISH AND UHHHH STUFF!
    Seattle! WEAR SCUBA GEAR IN WINTER!
    Seattle! WHERE VANCOUVER GOES TO SLUM!

So, um, the whole gist is… SEATTLE! *ducks*

• 43 Adam on Jun 21, 2008 at 6:40 am

Well, I was thinking they were corporeal, but just sort of hovering and moving of their own accord. I’m not sure if that would make it better or worse. I think it’s a pretty important point that begs clarification.

• 44 Adam on Jun 21, 2008 at 6:41 am

Bigfoot? Really? And fish?

• 45 Marty on Jun 21, 2008 at 8:59 am

Another request for Philadelphia, or next to it, the convention center in Valley Forge would be cheaper to book than anything in the city, and easier parking for all. There’s the park to visit, you know, general George whatsisname camped there and other history stuff….

The fact that I can drive there in 15 minutes has nothing to do with it. :-)

• 46 Stacey on Jun 21, 2008 at 11:38 am

I think it would be just swell if you guys did regular shows in San Diego. Preferably in a venue with plenty of cheap good beer and plush reclining seats w/ footrests. :: hope hope wish wish ::

• 47 Kyle on Jun 21, 2008 at 11:54 am

Ditto for Boston and for during the school year. Emerson College has plenty of theaters and plenty of MSTies.

• 48 Ryan on Jun 21, 2008 at 1:22 pm

So that is where the fish lives.

• 49 Natureboy (Ken) on Jun 21, 2008 at 4:08 pm

I think Mike covered Seattle in the Cloverfield riff, I believe he called the residents there “smug, coffee swilling bastards” .

• 50 Nanobots on Jun 21, 2008 at 5:28 pm

What happens in the live show? Would you do the same riffs which are in the “3-riffers” version? I’ve watched that one several times now, and it seems to me that “Plan 9 from Outer Space” is crazy enough that you could have a whole new collection of riffs for it.

• 51 doggans on Jun 21, 2008 at 8:02 pm

What if they write a new batch of riffs for Plan 9 every year? Eventually, there are so many options for Plan 9 jokes that they release the Custom Riff Generator, which each person can use to create their own personalized RiffTrack by mixing and matching their favorite jokes from each performance and putting them together to form a Grand SuperRiff guaranteed to make them laugh. It’s like the Ice Cream Sundae bar of movie mockery.

• 52 Brian O. on Jun 22, 2008 at 5:03 am

Yes, ALL the fish live here, but only when they’re wintering. It rains so much here that the gills come in handy.

As for the smug coffee swilling bastards, at least they know how to put on a good WTO riot.;)

• 53 Brian O. on Jun 22, 2008 at 5:08 am

Oh, and Seattle is where they did that Twenty First Century Calling short. I still scratch my head about the expo to this day, it’s like the entire expo took up all of a square block (a little more nowadays, since they have the Sci-Fi museum and the experience music project, which I guess has a whole ride dedicated to Eddie Vedder or something).

You know, this thing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VgCQWEyvdl4

(better known as)

• 54 Brian O. on Jun 22, 2008 at 5:17 am

Of course, if you really want to bend some minds, there’s always good ol’ Solvang, CA. Especially if it’s done at the Madonna Inn. It’s like a cross between the Addams Family mansion, Pee Wee’s Playhouse, and FAO Schwartz.

• 55 Chantel on Jun 22, 2008 at 5:28 am

Come to Auburn, Alabama. I can guarantee two, no three, no wait, at the very least five of us will be there, but we promise to laugh real hard. Or Atlanta. Atlanta would be good, too.

• 56 Ninjew on Jun 22, 2008 at 7:21 am

I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to seeing you all again riffing live!

Just the thought of the whole “silhouette” in front of the screen and you standing on the scaffolding with Frank, Mary Jo, and Josh Elvis – all making fun of films.

And watching the TIME TUBE drop from the ceiling at the end will really be th…

Oh.

Sorry.

Wrong site.

Damn. I hate when I do this…

• 57 Glyn on Jun 22, 2008 at 4:59 pm

I would get dressed to see you guys in Auburn too!
    As a matter of fact it is closer to me than Atlanta, so either choice is good.

• 58 Ben on Jun 22, 2008 at 5:03 pm

That brings up a pretty point…sorry…I zoned out there for a second…

Perhaps this would apply solely to silicone and/or saline implants either implanted or not if they achieved some degree of sentience. Would they be friendly if they became self-aware? Would they turn violent? What would be their mode of attack?

Is there such a thing as vorpal boobies???

• 59 Jaymill on Jun 22, 2008 at 5:39 pm

…Pittsburgh..?

OK OK, I’ll shut up

• 60 Olcas on Jun 22, 2008 at 11:52 pm

Ireland! Don’t even have to say a city, I can make it to all in this island!

….Tch’yeah right, like that’ll happen….

• 61 Rob T Firefly on Jun 23, 2008 at 11:03 am

There’s blood on this post! But wait, I wasn’t shot… oh, hell.

• 62 brooke! on Jun 23, 2008 at 6:39 pm

Any city Southwest Airlines flys too… PLEASE?! (flight benifits woo!) or milwaukee! But I’ll go to Ireland too.