Muppetz, $beyotches$!!

July 22nd, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 20 Comments

And if you think these guys aren’t the Original Original Gangstaz, then you never saw what happened to people who dissed Wilkins Coffee. (To repeat:)

(tip of the chapeau to Unstoppable Robot Ninja for the link to first mashup; stianhafstad for the original.)

• 1 Magic Whiskey on Jul 22, 2008 at 11:58 pm

Wow…I’m left here wondering if say, Starbucks teamed up with the Muppets to sell the new ‘Doubleshot On-Ice’ drink. I’d predict Animal would bust some kneecaps with a garden hose, Fozzie would shiv a guy in the shower and pass the blade to Rowlf in a rather sly way, and maybe..just maybe..Elmo would waterboard someone.

• 2 Hugh on Jul 23, 2008 at 12:02 am

Damn. I’m really concerned about these Wilkins Coffee people. What kind of hold did they have on the fabric of time and space? What power did they wield, that they could destroy you, wipe you off the face of the universe, if you did not favor their coffee?

More importantly, are they still in power? Are they watching?

• 3 Magic Whiskey on Jul 23, 2008 at 12:03 am

Heaven forbid Chuck Norris should try a cup. He’s the reason Waldo is hiding, after all.

• 4 Paul on Jul 23, 2008 at 5:02 am

So drink Wilkins Coffee or get shot point-blank in the face?
    Those are my only options?

Wrong sounding Kermit alert!

• 5 Jason on Jul 23, 2008 at 7:27 am

Check this one out:

• 6 Kenny G on Jul 23, 2008 at 7:37 am

I enjoy the Muppets’ take on a popular Internet meme.

• 7 Tammy on Jul 23, 2008 at 8:03 am

Thank you, Bill for adding a demented twist to my childhood memories. I don’t think I’ll ever look at Bert and Ernie the same way again.

I loved the Wilkins Coffee ads though… Hmmm… perhaps I need to ponder the condition of my own twisted mentality.

• 8 Danni on Jul 23, 2008 at 8:26 am

Bert and Ernie – gangsters. I knew there was a reason my mom wouldn’t let me watch Sesame Street. Makes you wonder about the Fraggles…

• 9 Smuttynose on Jul 23, 2008 at 9:24 am

Yo, B-man an’ Big E ha’ been down fo’ over a dec now, homes! Where you been at? Biggest playas on da Ses, knowwhumsayin’?

• 10 MonkeyCheezPants on Jul 23, 2008 at 9:50 am

I am ashamed to admit my hip-hop ignorance – what’s the song/artist?

I’m wack, I know. Do the kids still say “wack”?

• 11 R.A. Roth on Jul 23, 2008 at 10:56 am

I will sell a kidney for one of those lamb Muppets. They are so darn CUTE!

Randy

• 12 euphoriafish on Jul 23, 2008 at 11:01 am

This is awesome. This answers some of the prayers I said when I was five years old. Thank you.

• 13 RemmieBarrow on Jul 23, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Bert and Ernie, the original Gangsta Rappers.

• 14 Barry on Jul 23, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Just so you all know, there’s a traveling Jim Henson exhibit that is currently at the Smithsonian through October (in Washington, DC, of course) and may eventually make it to your neck of the woods. It’s a fairly small exhibit, but it does feature several actual Muppets and numerous original sketches, drawings, etc., from Jim Henson himself. Kids may enjoy it, but it’s really geared more toward nostalgic folks age 30 and up who remember Henson himself.

• 15 Barry on Jul 23, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Almost forgot:

• 16 Stacia on Jul 24, 2008 at 1:09 am

Hey, HERE it is! This got deleted earlier, but it’s returned with more stuff.

I like stuff.

• 17 Ryan on Jul 24, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Good editing job. But rap still sucks.

• 18 In the not-too-distant future… | Isn't the Light OK? on Jul 25, 2008 at 4:18 am

[...] Frivolity, so here’s Bert and Ernie like you’ve never seen them before (thanks to Rifftrax for pointing this one out. It all comes back to Mystery Science Theater in the end, doesn’t [...]

• 19 In the not-too-distant future… « Isn’t the Light OK? on Jul 25, 2008 at 4:20 am

• 20 Kenotic on Jul 25, 2008 at 7:00 am

The Coffee ads remind me of Tommy Mischke’s Homestead Mortgage ads on the radio, which is must-listen radio in the Twin Cities.

For those not here, Mischke would, in a rambling manner, suggest that people going with another Mortgage company would be run over with a truck, end up in a dumpster, have the mafia on their tail, Mischke would personally stalk your children, and all sorts of evil things. The company has yet to complain.