Gimme Back My Hutt!!!

July 24th, 2008 by Conor Lastowka · 27 Comments

My weekend involved far more Star Wars discussion than should be allowed by law, and during the course of it, some of my friends revealed that they were not aware of the impending disaster that is “Clone Wars“.  Nor were they aware that the plot of this movie evidently depends on the kidnapping of Jabba The Hutt’s son. Well, today I decided that there was only one way to go with that hilarious fact: combine it with one of our favorite shoutable lines of all time.  Forgive me if this has already been done somewhere else:

Tags: RiffTrax · movies · silly · video

• 1 Charlie W on Jul 24, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Lucas is turning into Uwe Bowl

• 2 Michael on Jul 24, 2008 at 3:58 pm

At first I thought I was watching a trailer for a new Star Wars trailer for the PS2. Man the animation isn’t that good.

• 3 Houndstooth Mind on Jul 24, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Now I have these ugly pictures in my head of two “the Hutts” mating to produce said son. Please make it stop!!

• 4 Smiley on Jul 24, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Wow,that’s some pretty crappy character design. They look a bit like the puppets from the old Thunderbirds series. (Thunderbirds are go!)

• 5 Chris Gray on Jul 24, 2008 at 5:22 pm

“I’ve abandoned my child!! I’ve abandoned my child.!!

I’ve abandoned my boy!!”

• 6 Ryan on Jul 24, 2008 at 5:31 pm

While most of the designs look bad but stylized, what s up with the horrid Christopher Lee character design. Did Christopher Lee run over the designer’s dog or something? It doesn’t look a thing like him and is so bizarrely disproportioned it even sticks out among the rest of the characters.
    Also, was it a good idea to center the plot around a character who is rendered so pathetically bad? Jabba’s skin texture is so clearly mapped onto a simple model I can’t believe they will have closeups of him, on a theater screen no less.

• 7 Ryan on Jul 24, 2008 at 5:37 pm

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, a filmmaker went pants crapping insane.

• 8 jason on Jul 24, 2008 at 7:44 pm

Actually, George Lucas said that he was going for a “Thunderbirds” look on this…

• 9 MSTJedi on Jul 24, 2008 at 8:56 pm

You know, it’s sad that I know this, but Hutts are hermaphrodites and reproduce asexually. So rest assured that there’s no Hutt sex. Although being able to shift between sexes at will is weird enough. Good lord, being a Star Wars fanboy is taxing.

• 10 Tork_110 on Jul 25, 2008 at 3:01 am

In whatever movie that line comes from, did the kidnapper respond with “No, I will not GIVE YOU BACK YOUR SON!”? I’d rent it if that happened.

• 11 Houndstooth Mind on Jul 25, 2008 at 5:46 am

That does help the pain some. Thank you MSTJedi. So what was up w/Jabba dressing Leia in the metal bikini and trying to jam his slime covered tongue down her throat?

• 12 Barry on Jul 25, 2008 at 7:16 am

In other words, Lucas decided to take a dramatic writing class at the local community college.

• 13 Marty (Gromit) on Jul 25, 2008 at 7:33 am

The movie that line comes from is Ransom, with Mel Gibson as the father trying to get back his son. It’s actually not a bad movie, directed by Ron Howard.

• 14 Conor Lastowka on Jul 25, 2008 at 7:46 am

Ooh, that could work too…

• 15 Heather on Jul 25, 2008 at 7:51 am

Now if only someone would cut the film together with Meryl Streep screaming “The dingo’s got my baby!”

• 16 Nanobots on Jul 25, 2008 at 9:44 am

Should go with a different clip of Jabba. This one looks like he’s just burping.

“The dingo’s got my baby!” would be good too. Maybe even a simple “KAAAAAHHHHNNNN!!!” scream would work, though it wouldn’t fit the story as much. However, it would fit better with a slowed-down image of Jabba’s burping.

• 17 Nanobots on Jul 25, 2008 at 9:45 am

“The Force is GO!”

• 18 R.A. Roth on Jul 25, 2008 at 10:00 am

I think “Snausages!” works, too.

Randy

• 19 MSTJedi on Jul 25, 2008 at 2:12 pm

From what I understand, his interest in female non-Hutts was considered an aberration, but since he had so much money and power, the other Hutts looked the other way. Either way, it was gross.

• 20 Houndstooth Mind on Jul 25, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Hee hee hee, fanboys rule!! I’m learning all kinds of cool Star Wars stuff!

• 21 Mr. Slick on Jul 25, 2008 at 5:00 pm

Not Without My Hutt

• 22 Dallas on Jul 25, 2008 at 9:03 pm

The Hutt on the Milk Carton

• 23 Heather on Jul 26, 2008 at 11:22 am

I love my dead gay Hutt!

• 24 Tom on Jul 27, 2008 at 6:53 am

I’m sorry, but you are all missing a truly wonderful chance to overdub Jabba with another well known sci-fi meme here.

“WAAALLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTT”

C’mon folks I won’t always be here for you.

• 25 Scooter on Jul 27, 2008 at 5:45 pm

A horribly animated Star Wars movie…I don’t know about that.

• 26 Max on Aug 2, 2008 at 10:01 am

There have been plenty of CGI movies this year, the ones I’ve seen being great, but I really think they could’ve made this movie 2D or live action. Lucasfilm might have been going downhill again like Disney is (with Beverly Hills Chihuahua, High School Musical 3 (which I have neutral feelings about) and Hannah Montanna: The Movie (coming in 2009, and a 3-D Miley and Hannah was released earlier this year).

• 27 NavarezElectro on Aug 14, 2008 at 2:16 pm

Just read this in the archives.

The phrase that came to mind when watching this was actually:
    “Turn it off- TURN IT OFF!!”