Latest domain name purchase

August 16th, 2008 by Conor Lastowka · 34 Comments

Lego Stinky

I’ve gone ahead and purchased stinkythehutt.com.  Sorry for not consulting with everyone ahead of time, but I felt it was necessary to take quick action.  Any ideas about how to best put it to use would be appreciated.

Tags: RiffTrax · movies · silly

• 1 Courtney on Aug 16, 2008 at 2:36 pm

I feel strongly that it should be used for the sole purpose of Rifftrax Rolling people. Rick Astley = passe. Innocently going to stinkythehutt.com and seeing a clip of Eric Benet while Mike sings “booty booty booty booty”, that is the wave of internet future.

• 2 unityofeffect on Aug 16, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Forget any silly presidential race…this is where my vote really matters and I vote for Rifftrax Rolling. This needs to be done.

• 3 Walter on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:13 pm

That sounds great. Go for it.

• 4 MST3Kelly on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Conor- you are the wind beneath our wings.

• 5 Ryan on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:20 pm

I do not kow what this “Rifftrax Rolling” is or is a reference to, I am just in favor of clips with Mike singing “booty booty booty booty”. That was hysterical.

• 6 Ryan on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:21 pm

No, sorry. That was me. I just farted. Sorry.

• 7 Hugh on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:28 pm

I must disagree. Rick Astley will never be passe. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t make our own memes, dammit…

• 8 suzanne on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:50 pm

until conor becomes un-lazy-ass and finishes the state quarter series, you can speak for yourself, MST3Kelly.

• 9 Casey on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Use it for some… Star Wars based pyramid scheme.

• 10 NavarezElectro on Aug 16, 2008 at 4:17 pm

I agree. He lifts us up where we belong!

• 11 Spookette on Aug 16, 2008 at 5:48 pm

This needs to – nay, MUST happen.

• 12 Kyle on Aug 16, 2008 at 7:22 pm

A Pruane2Forever back-up site.

• 13 karen on Aug 16, 2008 at 9:05 pm

tru dat. hopefully it wont get stolen but you never know. you should have better security on your website!

• 14 Tim on Aug 16, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Conor, I hope you’re aware of the vast legions of lawyers that George Lucas is prepared to rain down upon you regarding ownership of that web domain name.

I hear old George wears necklaces made out of the molars of people who dared to purchase domain names related to his intellectual property, and displays their severed heads on pikes outside of Skywalker Ranch.

A story like that’s gotta be true.

• 15 The Tingler on Aug 17, 2008 at 1:27 am

How about a memorial, since he’s dead before Episode IV?

• 16 Yanni on Aug 17, 2008 at 4:24 am

use the site as an epic battleground to determine which is the worst character: Jar-Jar or Stinky

• 17 Kleenex on Aug 17, 2008 at 6:00 am

Personally, I think we need to stage an intervention before Conor makes any more frivolous domain name purchases.

• 18 MikeP on Aug 17, 2008 at 8:45 am

Are you kidding? I think we need to find a way to tap into his impulsive domain acquisition habits.

I’m thinking of setting up a service where Conor can text his latest domain whim and have it instantly registered. Subject to a substantial convenience fee, of course.

• 19 Natureboy (Ken) on Aug 17, 2008 at 8:49 am

Start your own side project……Hutttrax, Riffing movies in your best Hutt voice.

• 20 Conor Lastowka on Aug 17, 2008 at 9:57 am

Truthfully, getting an angry takedown notice from Lucasfilm regarding stinkythehutt.com would probably be the best possible outcome.

• 21 Conor Lastowka on Aug 17, 2008 at 9:58 am

Don’t forget, it’s possible that he was just written out of Jabba’s will!

• 22 Nanobots on Aug 17, 2008 at 4:55 pm

I think I would have gone for some domain name based on Brianna…

• 23 Houndstooth Mind on Aug 17, 2008 at 7:13 pm

I think the site should be dedicated to all things odiferous. There could be a section for notable people named “Stinky” or perhaps historical figures who were just plain stinky (I hear Clark Gable had breath that could kill a camel) And you could have a section on stinky cuisine (Limberger and chitterlings anyone?), and you could have a section on stinky flora and fauna (can there ever be enough info on the rotting corpse lily?)

• 24 Queen Shadowrama on Aug 17, 2008 at 10:22 pm

I think you’re deeply misguided in this Stinky obsession Conor, as I just saw this film tonight and there is a far, far worse character. I was one of those naive innocents that thought there might still be some good left in George Lucas…but Jabba the Hutt’s gay uncle Ziro the Hutt crushed what was left of that hope. Serioiusly, he wears feathers and is covered in purple and gold body paint. Worse, he speaks English, and he has a slightly southern accent. It hurt me bad. I may never be the same.

• 25 Mystok on Aug 18, 2008 at 8:38 am

Arrr, we could always be using another pirate site. Avast me Hardees!

• 26 Conor Lastowka on Aug 18, 2008 at 8:55 am

Yes, this character sounds great also, I’d really like to see a scene with him. For now though, I’ve cast my lot in with Stinky. That may change after I get a chance to actually see the movie, which hopefully has an accelerated DVD release.

• 27 Johnny Unusual on Aug 18, 2008 at 10:15 am

I think that’s a great name for a site mocking the most ridiculous moments, merchandise, and fans of Star Wars. “If it’s Star Wars and it stinks, it’s on this site”.

• 28 OmegaRowsdower on Aug 18, 2008 at 10:30 am

You should post inflamatory taunting videos with Stinky tied to a chair with a burlap sack around his head, releasing periodically so that Stinky-rama doesn’t subside…
    The purpose of the videos should be to taunt the Jedi to re-claim the tiny Huttlet….
    and make demands… if wanted…
    mostly just for blind taunting

• 29 Rob T Firefly on Aug 18, 2008 at 11:14 am

Start an archive of recipes for thick, fragrant Tex-Mex dishes.

• 30 Heather on Aug 18, 2008 at 12:04 pm

What on earth could Stinky possibly do to disgust his father so badly that he gets disowned?

I got it… he started bathing on a regular basis, went to college, and took a job as a nurse at the Tattooine Children’s Hospital. In his spare time he’s a member of the planet’s abolitionist and feminist political movements, and he volunteers at a soup kitchen on weekends. He was also a charter member of the Mos Eisley Womp Rat Rescue League.

• 31 Tim on Aug 18, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Just be hopeful that the angry takedown notice isn’t written on a note that is fastened to the arrow they are firing through your neck from the rooftop of the building across the street.

• 32 Tv Miller on Aug 18, 2008 at 3:52 pm

A site that determines if Stinky is any percent bacon via flash served lightsabering…oh and several google ads. 3 a page?! Damn that…frames can lead to 6 a page. Then I agree with whoever above…several mirrors for Praune2.

• 33 Tv Miller on Aug 18, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Actually when I think about it…it’s a place for hardcore star wars fans to go and vent about how bad this series was by brutally sabering characters from the film. Jar does color commentating. Simply flash, characters cut diced in two, fall down, google ad.

• 34 euphoriafish on Aug 19, 2008 at 8:22 am

Hopefully, most of the hits on that url will be children/middle schoolers. So the new YouTube video is a start, but it’s kinda slow.

If you were actually putting money into the site you could make a Stinky collectible card game, and milk the kiddies for their lunch money through micro transactions, mwah ha ha!!! Except of course that if it actually made money then it would attract unwanted legal attention. Even if it were better than what George Lucas is doing with the Star Wars license (not hard to beat…)

There’s always flash cartoons and games of unprofitably bad fan image quality though.