How many sheds do you have?

September 26th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 43 Comments

Yes, I know it’s a slippery slope… A blog can easily become a collection of YouTubeses featuring stuff one likes. (Or loathes.)

But I can’t look at the yucky, pink Whale Bacon anymore. The more I study it, the more it’s clear that Whale “Bacon” simply mocks The One Law. And that should make us all weep.

So here’s one of my favorite Python skits, ever. I like to believe that in some small way I helped them write it, even if I was an child living across the briny depths of the Atlantic at the time. I like to believe that so much, it’s been on my resume for years.

But fear not, more original material is coming to the Rifftrax blog soon! Kevin will begin an eighteen-part series today featuring an in-depth, original, stunning, hilarious, and even moving analysis of Bruce Willis’ hairpieces over the years. It will be a side-splitting piece of writing, but beautifully poetic at the same time. And it will be online, all eighteen parts of it, within the hour. (Haven’t checked with Kevin on any of that, but I’d say there’s a better-than-average chance that’s what he’s planning.)

In the meantime… ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Arthur “Two Sheds” Jackson:

• 1 JoshWay on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:17 am

Love this sketch. For some reason it always brings to mind this other gem:

• 2 Ninjew on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:40 am

Now when you say “moving analysis”, do imply that it does not remain stationary?

• 3 Ben on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:42 am

So, when did Brucie get his first hairpiece? I’m guessing a merkin while he was doing “Moonlighting”.
    The most important thing would be to do a head to head (heh) comparison of Willis’ toups compared to Shatner’s. I seriously suspect that Shatner has been handing down all his toups to Willis for years and I would like to have that investigated in depth…for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

• 4 Smuttynose on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:43 am

Bill- do you know if Kevin is writing his 18 part series in a shed?

• 5 Bill Corbett on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:46 am

Yes. Actually, he’ll be alternating between his two sheds.

• 6 Smuttynose on Sep 26, 2008 at 5:02 am

Kevin “two sheds” Murphy. Very good.

And now I need to check my email for spam. I love it! Spam, Nigerian prince, Spam Spam and Spam!

You’re right, slippery slope indeed.

• 7 doggans on Sep 26, 2008 at 5:19 am

My all-time favorite Python sketch? Deja Vu/It’s the Mind.

To my mind, Palin’s best performance to date.

• 8 Bill Corbett on Sep 26, 2008 at 5:38 am

Brilliant. And a little preview of stuttering Ken in A FISH CALLED WANDA there, at around 1:10.

• 9 Adam on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:13 am

I’ve always been a fan of “Gumby Brain Specialist.”

I’M GOING TO OPERATE!

Also, Bill…I’m glad you’ve seen the light.

• 10 chrismartindeed on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:28 am

Well, if you’re worried about providing sufficient content for blog surfers, why not let us post our comments BEFORE you post the actual blog?

Seems like a fitting Pythonesque solution.

• 11 BEMaven on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:33 am

Lying about the ‘Two Sheds’ sketch on your resume, eh?

Makes me feel better about the fib on my resume (which I spell ‘resumee’ to make it sound French).

I claimed to be the consulting physician on the Python ‘My Brain Hurts’ sketch.

• 12 Tim on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:37 am

I remember this Python sketch being referenced in the MST3K episode “Touch of Satan”. Melissa “Two Sheds” Strickland.

Were you behind that, Bill?

• 13 Enron Hubbard on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:03 am

If we all post one of our favourite sketches I have a feeling that this will be a *very* long thread, encompassing the entire Python oeuvre, as virtually *everything* they did was solid gold.

One of my faves in short form (Don’t ask *me* why somebody stuck cartoon ID arrows in there, I couldn’t tell ya):

Chapman trying to blend in with the “crowd” and subtly influence their opinion is the cherry on top!

• 14 MST3Kelly on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:07 am

love ‘Two Sheds’ but my almost-fave is ‘Bicycle Repair Man.’ (I say almost fave as it’s hard to pick.) I love John Cleese’s bizarre meltdown at the end. nobody could do hysterical rage like Cleese.

• 15 Ninjew on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:07 am

Bill, there is only one word which best describes this blog:

SPLUNGE!

• 16 Adam on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:10 am

I posted this before but it’s not showing up, so here it is again: “Gumby Brain Specialist,” always one of my favorites.

Also, Bill…I’m glad you’ve seen the light on the whole whale bacon issue.

• 17 MST3Kelly on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:10 am

oh- I don’t own a shed. does a rusty Quonset Hut count?

there’s a not-rusty inhabited Quonset Hut in the Outer Mission. I always have ‘Assignment Venezula’ flashbacks when driving past it.

• 18 Bill Corbett on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:12 am

“Were you behind that, Bill?”

Those years are one big tequila-soaked blur.

So…um, I was on some kind of show?

• 19 NavarezElectro on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:16 am

What has now been unleashed cannot be re-contained…

I admire the work and time that went into this next bit, and it appeals to my inner spotty nerd.

Navarez”NoShedButLargeGardenUmbrella”Electro

• 20 Auntie Maim on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:16 am

Sometimes, I fantasize that I’m actually the secret love child of Monty Python. I mean, the timing’s right…and I do have a tendancy to shout “SPAM” at inappropriate times…and slap my coworkers with fish…and spontaneously babble great long lists of cheeses…

But then the nice lady gives me the blue pill, and it all goes away. *sigh*

• 21 Danni on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:16 am

Ooo – one of my favorite subjects – the Python boys! I have always been partial to the Defense Against Fresh Fruit, myself…

• 22 Tim on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:17 am

There you have it, folks…

Bill “Tequila-Soaked Blur” Corbett, everyone!

• 23 Invisible Cracker Mom on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:18 am

oh, yes- ‘Splunge’ for me too, Sir!

• 24 MST3Kelly on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:20 am

when I was a young ‘un, I informed my mother that I was going to marry Michael Palin.

my little pills are pale yellow.

• 25 Bill Corbett on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:57 am

“Also, Bill…I’m glad you’ve seen the light on the whole whale bacon issue.”

Thanks for bringing me back from the brink, man.

I’m sorry, Real Bacon! [weeps in shame and gratitude]

• 26 Tim on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:19 am

May I suggest the bacon tiara as a followup to the whale bacon? It’s a tiara, so it has to be pretty, right?

• 27 Queen Shadowrama on Sep 26, 2008 at 9:01 am

I don’t take any little pills. This probably explains why I still think I can marry Michael Palin…even if he is 65…

• 28 Invisible Cracker Mom on Sep 26, 2008 at 9:11 am

And is still a total hottie.

• 29 Spookette on Sep 26, 2008 at 9:36 am

Just a couple of my favorite songs from the Pythons – Terry and Graham are superb in this clip.

• 30 Adam on Sep 26, 2008 at 10:43 am

Don’t worry. This is proof that even the most devoted can stray. And you would’ve done the same for any one of us. Bacon is, after all, the reason we’re all here.

That and Joey Pants.

And, perhaps in time, Bacon Pants.

• 31 R.A. Roth on Sep 26, 2008 at 1:22 pm

I, too, suffered a similar fate for remarking casually to friends over coffee and heroin that I was strongly considering the acquisition of a third smoking apparatus, so they started calling me Randy “Three Bongs” Roth even thought I still had just the two bongs, five hookahs, seven steamrollers and sixteen assorted roach clips, plus an Indonesian power smoker deluxe with the tri-level resin chamber.

Randy “Two Bongs and a Lot of Other Drug Paraphernalia” Roth

• 32 Enron Hubbard on Sep 26, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Oh, there goes “Three Bongs” and his stories again…

• 33 Yanni on Sep 26, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I think one of my favorite sketches would have to be Secret Service Dentistry
    I bust up every time Graham enters at the end.

• 34 RemmieBarrow on Sep 26, 2008 at 1:48 pm

With the economy the way it is, It is surprising that anyone would have one shed, let alone two.

• 35 Jeffrey Thames [King of Grief] on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:14 pm

This is my only line.

• 36 Nanobots on Sep 26, 2008 at 5:56 pm

With the way the economy is, you’ll need a shed because you won’t be able to afford a house. Then you’ll be able to write a symphony in your shed, and make a fortune.

• 37 Ninjew on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:31 pm

Dimsdale!

• 38 Invisible Cracker Mom on Sep 26, 2008 at 11:14 pm

I won’t interrupt this blog for a pound.

• 39 Marty (Gromit) on Sep 29, 2008 at 6:21 am

And now for something completely different:

• 40 blablover5 on Sep 29, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I don’t know why but I just love the scene with Mr. Neutron where he wins a Kellog Contest.

“I was thinking Mrs. S-C-U-M that if we got married we could use the 5000 pounds to buy a spoon.”

• 41 The Tingler on Sep 30, 2008 at 11:34 am

I have two sheds.

Shall I be known as The Two Sheds Tingler from now on? It does slide off the tongue quite well.

• 42 The Tingler on Sep 30, 2008 at 11:54 am

Yep!

• 43 Krud on Oct 1, 2008 at 6:50 am

How’d I miss this blog entry?

One of my all-time favorites is “The Dirty Hungarian Phrase Book”:

Is your hovercraft full of eels?