Media Cover-up!!!

October 2nd, 2008 by Conor Lastowka · 18 Comments

We’ve all been going about our lives as the biggest story of 2008 is just swept under the rug by the mainstream media.  Yes, that’s right!  Controversy taints the pages of Cat Fancy!

Just a few weeks ago,Cat Fancy’s August issue featured a cover photo of a Javanese

cat fancy controversy

But these feline fiends forgot to say Java-please, and the issue was pulled due to copyright issues over content and photographs. Or maybe…something deeper? (no, it was copyright issues)

Cat Fancy editor Susan Logan took to the airwaves, no doubt to head off the smear campaigns being prepared by its many rivals. Appearing on CBS The Early Show, (long a Cat Fancy mouthpiece), she announced that the issue would be pulled from newsstands a whole two weeks early.

And you never heard anything about it.  It truly makes you wonder: are we getting the news?  Or has it been nues-tered?

Sourece:  Where do you think. Easily could not be true.

Tags: RiffTrax · silly

• 1 Onil on Oct 2, 2008 at 3:48 pm

i can haz vast rite wing konspeeracy?

• 2 Queen Shadowrama on Oct 2, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I blame the Chihuahuas.

• 3 RemmieBarrow on Oct 2, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Just a tiny hint of vast cat plans to destroy humanity and take over the world.

• 4 Ryan on Oct 2, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Uuuhhh…oookay…I think Conor has been spending too much time with his catnip ball.

• 5 Nanobots on Oct 2, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Cat Fancy wanted a story that was more shocking than whatever Paris Hilton was doing that week. Happily Paris wasn’t doing much of anything, so this story got them attention from the Early Show.

I’m wondering about the exciting careers for cat lovers. My sister worked at a vet hospital for awhile. You’d think that would be all glamour, but she grew tired of it after a few years.

• 6 justhesh on Oct 3, 2008 at 12:15 am

4 (FOUR!) Exciting Careers for Cat Lovers!

1. New York City Cat Sitter
    2. Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh
    3. Bag Lady
    4. Executive Bag Lady

• 7 Melman on Oct 3, 2008 at 3:18 am

This is so shocking, I almost care.

• 8 Smuttynose on Oct 3, 2008 at 4:27 am

Those jack-booted thugs at DogFancy are behind this, I know they are.

I hate them so much.

• 9 Smuttynose on Oct 3, 2008 at 4:44 am

“Protect your cat’s joints”

Put them in an old film container?

• 10 MonkeyCheezPants on Oct 3, 2008 at 7:32 am

Jeez, this is the most boring, pointless post about some dull shhhhh….

Wait a minute. Bonus poster? INSIDE???

FREE CAT POSTER! HELL YEAH!

• 11 The Mighty Yog Blog » Blog Archive » Theft of latest issue of Cat Fancy. on Oct 3, 2008 at 7:37 am

[...] the war kittens by stealing the latest issues of Cat Fancy from the shelves and putting out a false rumor that the issue was pulled the the [...]

• 12 Mystok on Oct 3, 2008 at 7:37 am

It is a lie (just like the cake)! Cat Fancy did not take the issues off the shelves… the evil squirrels stole all of the issues in their attempt to besmear the good name of all war kittens. I have proof…. http://www.yogblog.com/?p=1411

• 13 Ben on Oct 3, 2008 at 11:22 am

Somebody stop me please…I feel a Mrs. Slocombe pussy quip yearning to be said here.

• 14 Smuttynose on Oct 3, 2008 at 12:18 pm

If I’m not home precisely at 5:00…

• 15 Minnesota on Oct 3, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Haha, Conor has been reading too much Colbert. Good stuff.

• 16 Cibernetico 2 on Oct 3, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Wanna know something cool?

I have this issue of CatFancy. I kid you not. It’s in my bathroom right now.

I bought it for tips for caring for cat, in all earnesty. I wonder if it’s worth something. It’s the first time I’ve ever bought a cat magazine. Wanna know anything about its contents? Go ahead and ask.

• 17 MonkeyCheezPants on Oct 4, 2008 at 10:21 am

The REAL media cover-up is that The Greatest Chihuahua Movie of ALL TIME has been out for a day now, and Conor has yet to post his experiences in absorbing this fantastic moment.

Unless Conor is still at the theater…

Some of my favorite blurbs from Rotten Tomatoes:
    “Paris Hilton and lower-level office workers who own calendars featuring Weimaraners wearing hats will love it. ”
    “The good news: Beverly Hills Chihuahua is not the apocalypse-signaling, cultural abomination its trailers make it out to be. The bad news: That’s pretty much the best thing that can be said about it.”
    “Why?”
    “The audience is the fire hydrant.”