To P. Cole, Re: The Cowboys

October 24th, 2008 by Mike Nelson · 23 Comments

Has anyone got back in touch with Paula Cole about this? I’ve been busy for the past 11 years and just assumed someone else was on it – but then I saw that she still had her plea up on YouTube. Well, I had a few minutes this morning and was able to find one of them:

inflatable cowboy horse costume 1

I’ll keep looking, but I hope that at least gives Ms. Cole something to go on.

• 1 James Shearhart on Oct 24, 2008 at 8:50 am

Oh, I dunno, as of this writing, 4-3, 3rd in NFC East, 3rd in Total Yards, lost their last two away games. Where have they gone? They’re right where they always are by Week 8, punching away just enough to give the fans hope, until the wheels come off, and fans are left to grouse about yet another “rebuilding season”.

I know of what I speak. I’m from San Francisco. We can now openly mock Raiders fans without fear of reprisal….

• 2 bonnie on Oct 24, 2008 at 8:59 am

I know someone who has that costume. FYI It’s hard to dance with someone when they are wearing a horse!

• 3 secretidentitycrisis on Oct 24, 2008 at 9:09 am

Obviously Paula’s never been here in Calgary during the first half of July. Everyone decides to be a damn cowboy during the ‘Calgary Stampede’.

yee. haw.

Not coincidentally, that’s the same week I try to get the hell out of here for my summer vacation.

• 4 Ben on Oct 24, 2008 at 9:17 am

Could that be how Tony Romo really hurt his karate pinkie? Perhaps, Ms. Cole found her Cowboy taken by the uber-talented Jessica Simpson and perhaps broke Romo’s pinkie in a fit of rage?

• 5 Ben on Oct 24, 2008 at 9:19 am

I think everybody has been mocking the Raiders since Al Davis went senile.

So, essentially, since around 1978.

• 6 Rob T Firefly on Oct 24, 2008 at 9:21 am

That’s no cowboy, that’s Owen Wilson.

• 7 Smuttynose on Oct 24, 2008 at 9:22 am

According to the sports section in The Onion:

Tony Womo Out Three To Four Weeks With Bwoken Widdle Fingey

• 8 Katie M. on Oct 24, 2008 at 10:37 am

When this song came out, my friends and I refashioned the lyrics of the hook/chorus to refer to the staff at our local Chili’s.

High school was fun.

• 9 ShawnBoy on Oct 24, 2008 at 10:52 am

Well Mrs. or Miss Cole to which cowboys are you referring too?

The Dallas Cowboys perhaps?

Cowboy Bebop?

Cowboy George?

The naked Cowboy? ( links below)
    or

Cowboy Boot Sideburns? ( link below )

A Happy Tails Cowboy Costume? ( link below )

Honestly we need more to go on than what you have given us. It would be easier to prove a link exist between Aliens, Bigfoot, and The Lock Ness Monster.

• 10 RemmieBarrow on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:18 pm

PLEASE do not remind me of the Cowboys…I live in Texas, so I have to put up with that all the time!

• 11 Barry on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:28 pm

I’m pretty sure that they’ve all long since become extinct as a result of, er, not being able to quit each other.

• 12 Onil on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Gay Nerd Alert!

In point of fact, they were sheep herders.

End of Gay Nerd Alert!

• 13 Neb on Oct 24, 2008 at 2:58 pm

What I want to know is…what became of that rack of bones masquerading as a horse at 2:49?! Criminey! Did they film it on the way to the knackers? There is no excuse for a horse that skinny in this day and age.

Paula could use some groceries, too.

• 14 Glyn on Oct 24, 2008 at 5:27 pm

“I will do the laundry if you’ll wear my Depends”?
    Maybe I should listen to that again.
    On second thought, NAH, I can live with that.

• 15 Dames Like Her on Oct 24, 2008 at 7:09 pm

Where’s the last verse?
    “I will kiss your matted chest hair/breathe in your barnyard stink-
    and when you bring home oily drifters/I’ll fix you both a drink
    “I’ll make you all potato pancakes/while your no-neck children scream/
    who needs book-learnin’ when you’re darnin’ sweat socks/and I’ve got chaps to scrape clean–
    I’m livin’ my girlish dream.”
    Ahh, that’s the life.

• 16 ShawnBoy on Oct 24, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Ah yes, where “have” all the cowboys gone. She followed this with ” Where have all the Indian’s Gone “. Amazingly it was pulled three day’s later, one reporter stated that not only was it offense, it was just plain wrong. I tend to agree, why bring up old junk just to make money. Speaking of which have you heard her new single ” Where has Osama Gone “.

• 17 ShawnBoy on Oct 24, 2008 at 11:30 pm

I guess you don’t like King of the Hill very much either, or anything with John Wayne in it.

• 18 Darth Chimay on Oct 25, 2008 at 11:23 am

You know, I never realized this before now, but is it possible Paula Cole is in any way related to Robert Zdar?

• 19 RemmieBarrow on Oct 25, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Actually it’s just the Cowboys and their lack of talent, or maybe it is the smugness of their owner.

• 20 p90x cheap on Oct 26, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I love the world all the good things: food, clothing, the most beautiful scenery

• 21 sunglasses brands on Oct 26, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Great job. i bookmarked this website i will keep visiting this one. thank you.

• 22 フィンペシア通販 on Aug 19, 2011 at 7:13 am