You make the call!!

October 26th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 24 Comments

Which works better as a video for Linkin Park’s song “Numb?”

A) The official video to Linkin Park’s “Numb?”

OR!

B) This footage of a little Japanese robot with Albert Einstein’s head, which someone decided needed a touch of Linkin Park’s “Numb?”

*****

More on little Japanese robot with Albert Einstein’s head:

(Apologies, I could find nothing else on the internet about this so-called “Linkin Park.”)

• 1 Chris on Oct 26, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Both Videos made my Left Leg Numb ….

OH WAIT… it wasn’t the Videos, it was this pesky Bear Trap.

Boy is my Face red.

• 2 Kyle from Maine on Oct 26, 2008 at 9:18 pm

And so the Robot Take-Over begins…

• 3 ServosLongLostUnclesCousinsNephew on Oct 26, 2008 at 9:55 pm

I’m all about some mockery, however, I gotta say the original vid still wins. I am, however a big LP fan, so maybe I’m biased. Not to mention that damned Albert Einstein head is going to give me nightmares for weeks. Thanks a lot Corbett! :D

• 4 Mr. Slick on Oct 26, 2008 at 10:12 pm

My chest is tight and my left arm went numb… does that count?

• 5 ShawnBoy on Oct 26, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Gee Bill, you don’t make it easy on us do you. Sadly I have seen the freakishly weird Frankenstein or Albertenstein Gobot before. As for which video the song fit’s better, I would have to say I like this one:

Hope this show’s up but in case it doesn’t here is the direct link:

Now as for the Gobot with attitude I would love to have one but with Optimus Prime’s head on it.

• 6 ShawnBoy on Oct 26, 2008 at 11:08 pm

A few more I like below:

This last one is really out there:

Oh and just to add a link that I love and hope everyone will like as much as I do, I give you:

If you have not seen this sight before I urge you to look at AMVHell 3 as it is the funniest by far. Oh side note the 1st and 2nd AMVHell video’s are adult oriented so I would be careful if you have small children. I truly love the third one, though all of them remind me of what you all do here at Rifftrax. The difference is they do it in small clips, well enough I don’t won’t to ruin it for anyone that hasn’t seen it yet. Seriously get the AMVHell 3 before you view any of the other one’s.

• 7 ShawnBoy on Oct 26, 2008 at 11:21 pm

I just noticed something, in that last video the Albertenstein Gobot is the only one speaking English!!!!

• 8 Barry on Oct 27, 2008 at 1:59 am

Does that make it an emobot?

• 9 BlackIrish on Oct 27, 2008 at 2:02 am

More suitable visuals for this song: a real-time montage of luridly lit gas station bathrooms, shots of 11 year old boys jumping on their beds in time to the music, and IPod wearing dot-com hipsters sipping their Starbuck’s while grooving to the tune in their cubicles.
    Anything else doesn’t do justice to the Zeitgeist.
    I’d love to see a Japanese robot head of Zero Mostel. Or perhaps Edgar Kennedy.
    It explains Jim Carrey…

• 10 Melman on Oct 27, 2008 at 2:37 am

That robot is trying to take credit for Einstein’s work! Get him now!

• 11 Ben on Oct 27, 2008 at 4:02 am

Since I decided that “Linkin” was a corrupt spelling of “Lincoln” and you mentioned robots, I decided that I would go linkin this link to you of a disturbing faux-Abe robot video

• 12 Brian O. on Oct 27, 2008 at 4:29 am

Part man, part machine, all physicist.

• 13 Racer™ on Oct 27, 2008 at 5:35 am

Seriously, the Einstein robot with the “music”, would be much better off with your own The RiffTones – Do The Ballpoint.

Fits the subject, doesn’t it?!

Skål!

• 14 Dames Like Her on Oct 27, 2008 at 8:28 am

That was awesome! Shades of malfunctioning robots gone wild at Itchy and Scratchy Land.

• 15 NanoRiffite on Oct 27, 2008 at 8:33 am

IMO, both of them work well with the song.

One could probably come up with an equally good video by taking clips of Zooey Deschanel in “The Happening”. Or, well, many of the other actors in “The Happening”. There were a lot of “every step that I take is another mistake”s in that film.

• 16 Katie M. on Oct 27, 2008 at 8:45 am

Heeyyyy, the gal in the “official” video, I directed her in a film school project! That wasn’t nearly as upbeat and whimsical as “Numb” though…

Incidentally, Einstein’s hair has never looked better. Wow, is there anything the Japanese CAN’T do??!

• 17 Patrick S. on Oct 27, 2008 at 10:18 am

I just was reminded of the hilarious website where someone played two awful Linkin Park songs simultaneously and totally showed how they were exactly the same-same structure, chords, rhythm. Almost Mozartian…except being completely shit:

• 18 RemmieBarrow on Oct 27, 2008 at 11:56 am

GREAT, just what we needed, an EMOBOT! What’s next, emoplants, emopets, emodouche bags?

• 19 AWD! on Oct 27, 2008 at 1:29 pm

He’s doing the “Gotta peepee” dance.

• 20 Katie M. on Oct 27, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Holy crap. Can you sue yourself for plagiarism?

• 21 Brian O. on Oct 27, 2008 at 6:09 pm

What? No love for Mr. Roboto? Domo…

• 22 Spookette on Oct 27, 2008 at 6:50 pm

I, for one, welcome our eccentric robot overlords.

• 23 Ike on Nov 1, 2008 at 6:40 pm

Linkin Park’s membership is made up of Satan, Lucifer, Beelzebub, Pazuzu, Baphomet and Mike Shinoda. 6 members, started in 1996, released their last album in 2006? WHAT DOES THAT SAY, PEOPLE?!? Read between the lines!