If you liked The Day After Tomorrow…

November 20th, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 47 Comments

… you’ll be pleased to hear that they’re making it again! Yes, the exact same movie, except that Dennis Quaid will now be played by some Dalai Lama-wannabe:

See the original riffed HERE.

New Fake Dick Cheney, coming soon!

• 1 jfruh on Nov 20, 2008 at 11:55 am

I Google searched 2012, as the preview ordered. The number one result was “NCAA picks Final Four hosts for 2012 through 2016.” If the NCAA has already picked championship basketball venues for 2014, surely the world won’t end in 2012!

• 2 Bill Corbett on Nov 20, 2008 at 11:59 am

Damn your Vulcan logic, Josh. (Or is it more of a Mary Worth logic?)

• 3 Krud on Nov 20, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Ah yes, the Mayan version of the Y2K bug, only it’s the Y2.012K… not as catchy. All the Mayan calendar software will think it’s the beginning of time, with the task manager alerting them about blood sacrifices that were already taken care of years ago.

• 4 ManUnderMask on Nov 20, 2008 at 12:46 pm

I suggest, that on December 21st, 2012, we all tune in to Coast to Coast AM for their 2012 show, and then tune in again the next day to hear the “experts” try to explain why they were wrong.

• 5 Eric Fell on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:11 pm

I googled 2012 as well and got: “TV shopping in Europe to grow 54 pct by 2012″

AAAH! It’s the end times!

• 6 awfulgoodmovies on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Nothing says they can’t change the venues and move the Final Four off Earth. Lower gravity or not, you still have to make the shot.

• 7 PatrickD on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:26 pm

So if nothing relevant comes up when we google for 2012, does that mean that the government is already covering it up?

• 8 awfulgoodmovies on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:36 pm

The Earths toilet is backed up again.

• 9 Bill Corbett on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Yes! No! Er…

I’ll check with the Trilateral Commission.

• 10 RemmieBarrow on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:40 pm

They say their telling the truth, but it’s a CGI filled film, so who’s kidding whom, huh?

• 11 Darth Chimay on Nov 20, 2008 at 2:06 pm

What frightens me about this movie is that people will actually believe that this could come true. I mean, the irresponsibility of the director in making it seem that this could actually happen is just revolting and unconscionable. People are already willing to believe the most amazing codswallop and hogwash, but to now try and convince them that John Cusack is an action hero? I wash my hands of the human race.

• 12 awfulgoodmovies on Nov 20, 2008 at 2:19 pm

I think Joan Cusack will be excellent in this. She has style and substance. Should be a good flick…………err…wait…Did you write JOHN Cusack?!! …….We are doomed.

• 13 Chad on Nov 20, 2008 at 2:21 pm

John Cusack? How can they make a romantic comedy about the end of the world?!

• 14 Katie M. on Nov 20, 2008 at 3:00 pm

I’m guessing that, as the giant tsunami nears the American coast, he will stand on a cliff w/ a boombox raised above his head, Peter Gabriel blaring from the speakers, and the tsunami, filled with regret, will turn around and go back to Antarctica.

• 15 RoninFox on Nov 20, 2008 at 5:05 pm

Boy, am I going to be ticked off if the global climate catastrophe is triggered by carbon emissions from Hollywood due to making too many global climate catastrophe movies.

They are getting a stern letter when that happens!

• 16 Danni on Nov 20, 2008 at 5:08 pm

I can’t believe everyone is bashing John Cusack – did no one else realize Woody Harrelson and Oliver Platt are also in this movie??? If you squint your eyes and tilt your head you MAY be able to buy John Cusack as an action hero, but Woody Harrelson? Please.

• 17 RobtheBarbarian on Nov 20, 2008 at 5:44 pm

“Mr. Vice President, the sea levels just rose 19,000 feet and flooded the Himalayas.”

“Hogwash! Go back to your test tubes, MISTER SCIENCE!”

• 18 secretidentitycrisis on Nov 20, 2008 at 5:59 pm

2012: Best Surfing Ever.

• 19 Brian O. on Nov 21, 2008 at 1:49 am

Us SubGeniuses are still waiting for July 7, 1998 to come around. It could be any day now! Stupid Julian calendar.

• 20 Brian O. on Nov 21, 2008 at 1:50 am

Oops, I meant July 5, damned leap year.

• 21 Beatnik Samurai on Nov 21, 2008 at 5:52 am

The Mayans were on crack. How can the world end in 2012 when, as we all know, the Temples of Syrinx will still be around a hundred years later?

• 22 Dave on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:44 am

I’m now sitting in a puddle of what I can only hope is my own pee, thanks to you Beatnik Samurai. You get the “best use of a rush reference on the web award” today.

• 23 Rob T Firefly on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:55 am

On the plus side for us consumers, when this one comes out on DVD it’ll probably still be compatible with that original RiffTrax.

• 24 mrbasehart on Nov 21, 2008 at 8:13 am

You’ve got to admit that the Tibetan monk’s commitment to telling everybody the time is unparalleled.

• 25 Matt B on Nov 21, 2008 at 9:28 am

Well, heck. If the world ends in 2012, this will put a big crimp in my plans to move to Seattle and fight villainous mega-corporations with my ork and elf chummers.

BTW- From wiki comes this news:
    # 2012: The War for Souls by author Whitley Strieber (2007) is a fictional novel about three parallel earths and the occurrences leading up to December 21, 2012 in each as the walls between them begin to thin and allow passage through gateways to the others. A film adaptation is proposed, produced by Michael Bay.

Oooh. A Bay- Emmerich end of the world film duel.

• 26 Brian O. on Nov 21, 2008 at 10:17 am

Mister President, we’re going to need a massive plumber snake.

• 27 ShutterBun on Nov 21, 2008 at 9:48 pm

I Google searched 2012 and came up with some bitchin’ Rush music. Then I double-checked my typing. Oops.

I’m stickin’ with Rush!

• 28 ManUnderMask on Nov 22, 2008 at 1:09 am

The trilateralists? C’mon Bill, you know the Bilderbergers are where it’s at.

• 29 Beatnik Samurai on Nov 22, 2008 at 5:47 am

I aim to please…and to make people wet their pants. When I can do both simultaneously, well, that’s just icing on the cake.

• 30 Tom on Nov 24, 2008 at 8:29 am

Y’know I weep for Hollywood when they take the scary music from the “elevator of blood” trailer for “The Shining” and use it for this stinkburger.

I think that scene would have worked a lot better with Yakkity Sax.

• 31 フィンペシア通販 on Aug 19, 2011 at 7:07 am