Waldorf Salad dance mix!

November 21st, 2008 by Bill Corbett · 27 Comments

My sincere thanks to Doctor P. I’ve been hoping for years that some visionary would convert one of my favorite-ever shows into a house music mashup. And sure enough:

Bless you, Doctor. You have healed my heart.

• 1 Hugh on Nov 21, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Couldn’t they have chosen a dance tune with a little less in the way of EAR-SPLITTING WHINE?

• 2 Kyle from Maine on Nov 21, 2008 at 1:13 pm

Can anyone explain why someone would take the time to make that? Especially if we take him at his word that he’s a Doctor. He should be busy taking care of sick people or something.

• 3 Conor Lastowka on Nov 21, 2008 at 1:28 pm

boil-em, mash-em, stick-em in a stew

• 4 Mike Nelson on Nov 21, 2008 at 2:12 pm

Time for a Waldorf Salad version of Der Untergang, I guess.

• 5 James Shearhart on Nov 21, 2008 at 2:24 pm

Um, no. Thanks for playing…..

• 6 Brooke! on Nov 21, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Ok, well I’ll clear the plates and you can all head to the den for pictionary!

• 7 RemmieBarrow on Nov 21, 2008 at 6:52 pm

OK…I could have done without the techno music in front of that episode of one of the BEST SITCOMS EVER MADE!

• 8 MonkeyCheezPants on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:16 pm

Don’t mention the war!

• 9 Brian O. on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:21 pm

There was a version of this called Hitler and the Red, referring to the low cost HD camera used in motion pictures, griping about edits and re edits. From my experience working on the War of the Grandmas movie project (www.warofthegrandmas.com), I kinda understand it now:

I didn’t do any of the editing, instead did illustrations for kinestasis shots, still frames used in scene transitions (cartoon panels essentially), stuff like that. Hell of a step up and out from doing furry art for a living.;)

Some of the illos can be seen at http://neuromanson.deviantart.com/ if anyone’s interested.

• 10 MonkeyCheezPants on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:30 pm

I was just thinking about Fawlty Towers earlier today, and found this on Wikipedia:

“In May 1970, the Monty Python team booked a stay in the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay, while doing some location filming. During their stay, John Cleese became fascinated with the behaviour of the owner, Donald Sinclair, to whom Cleese later referred as “the most marvellously rude man I’ve ever met”. This included him throwing a timetable at a guest who asked when the next bus to town would arrive, and placing Eric Idle’s suitcase behind a wall in the garden on the suspicion that it contained a bomb (it actually contained a ticking alarm clock). He also criticised the American-born Terry Gilliam’s table manners for not being ‘British’ (he had the fork in “the wrong hand” while eating).”

• 11 Dames Like Her on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:46 pm

I’ll have one order of Eva Prawn. And vir vollen ein autometen, bitte.

• 12 Dames Like Her on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Sorry- “wir wollen ein autometen.”
    Wring Word.

• 13 ShutterBun on Nov 21, 2008 at 9:35 pm

My favorite (favourite?) episode of one of my favorite shows. The same episode that was the source for one of the “50 most obscure references” from the ACEG, to boot! I remember being stunned years after the fact to realize that the “rude American” was played by none other than General “close the shields” Reikien himself, Bruce Boa.

To this day I will always order a Waldorf Salad whenever it’s available, strictly in homage to this eiposode. And also cuz they’re actually kinda tasty!

• 14 Brian O. on Nov 21, 2008 at 9:52 pm

Vas ist ein Schnappi? Schnappi ist ein kleiner krokodile! Mit der teethsens und der scalenheimers! Das boot! Weinerschnitzel! Oktoberfest uber alles!

• 15 NavarezElectro on Nov 21, 2008 at 10:46 pm

We can bury ‘em, burn ‘em, or dump ‘em. Or, we can put the oven on.

• 16 Brian O. on Nov 22, 2008 at 12:36 am

Is that John Cleese during his waldorf salad days?

• 17 NavarezElectro on Nov 22, 2008 at 8:02 am

John Cleese is brilliant in the “we need an auto” scene! “Oh, you’re speaking German! I thought there was something wrong with you!”
    The Major, played by the late Ballard Berkeley, was also great in this episode. He reminds me of my WW2 veteran father.

• 18 Darth Chimay on Nov 23, 2008 at 1:04 am

Listen Mike, whatever you do, don’t mention the war.

• 19 Darth Chimay on Nov 23, 2008 at 1:07 am

Of course that’s John Cleese. What did you expect to see? The Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeests sweeping majestically?

• 20 chrismartindeed on Nov 23, 2008 at 5:56 am

Take it easy, Darth.

He wasn’t expecting a Spanish Inquisition.

(sorry. couldn’t resist.)

• 21 Fnord on Nov 24, 2008 at 8:52 am

Salad?

• 22 Brooke! on Nov 25, 2008 at 4:25 am

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

• 23 Nick Fechter on Nov 25, 2008 at 9:06 am

I doubt that that was what the real Hitler was like, but man was that funny! XD

“He was always corrupt. Speer, an idealistic, unpredictable artist! All the others! Yes! Yes! Yes!”

• 24 Nick Fechter on Nov 25, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Dear God! Somebody give the man a Waldorf Salad before he starts break-dancing! :O

• 25 R.A. Roth on Nov 26, 2008 at 4:48 pm

Celery, apples, walnuts, and grapes lathered in mayo…I just threw up a little bit in the back of my throat.

Randy

• 26 MonkeyCheezPants on Nov 27, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Perhaps you’d prefer a Ritz Salad?