Paul Blart: Inauguration Cop

January 20th, 2009 by Conor Lastowka · 18 Comments

Though my family and friends back home may be partaking in the inauguration festivities, they will miss out on the true way the event should be watched: on Hulu with a “Sponsored by Paul Blart: Mall Cop” tag onscreen at all times.

Paul Blart Mall Cop Barack Obama Inauguration

Tags: RiffTrax · movies · politics

• 1 Ryan on Jan 20, 2009 at 8:58 am

No sane person would watch the inauguration on Fox. But this ad placement is not coincidental, but a deliberate first slam against the new President.

• 2 Rob T Firefly on Jan 20, 2009 at 9:47 am

Not since the pop-up ads on the live webcast of John F. Kennedy’s inauguration proudly advertised Chesterfield cigarettes and Gidget Goes Hawaiian…

• 3 Houndstooth Mind on Jan 20, 2009 at 10:32 am

I couldn’t watch it any other way (stupid work computer!) The coverage itself did not piss me off though.

• 4 Mr. Alexander on Jan 20, 2009 at 11:08 am

Kevin James is, especially in his stand-up, hysterical, but PAUL BLART didn’t really live up to his usual standard. It has its funny moments, but in the end I felt like it was trying very hard to be an American version of Simon Pegg’s HOT FUZZ, but didn’t really succeed. It did succeed in making me want to try riding a Segway, though…

• 5 Wesley Stamper on Jan 20, 2009 at 11:53 am

Millions of Americans shed a tear today.
    Those tears were not for joy that a cruel and unusual reign was over.
    Nor were they the tears of accomplishment, shed by hearts lifted and spirits unshackled, daring, once again, to Hope.
    No, these tears were tears of *shame* shed by the rubes who made Paul Blart: Mall Cop #1 at the box office.

• 6 godsized on Jan 20, 2009 at 12:38 pm

I guess the Secret Service wanted any of those would be attacker that Biden talked about to know that the best the defense the US has to offer keeps an ever present and watchful eye on the new El Heffe Grand Poobah of the country

• 7 Nick Fechter on Jan 20, 2009 at 1:59 pm

It must of been one sad day in that news room….

• 8 Nick Fechter on Jan 20, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Wasn’t there something about gun-shots being fired at the inauguration? I heard it on the news this morning but I wasn’t exactly paying attention.

• 9 Dean Kitanidis on Jan 20, 2009 at 2:50 pm

“Paul Blart: Mall Cop” makes baby Jesus cry. Why would you do that, Kevin James? Do you enjoy the torture of purportedly holy infants? Are you the fourth wise-man bringing a new-born baby the gift of sadness?

What is your damage, sir?

• 10 Remmie Barrow on Jan 20, 2009 at 3:01 pm

I have always wondered why incredibly crappy movies (like Mall Cop) tend to be successful during this time of year…and tend to stop wondering after my ears and eyes start bleeding.

• 11 jason on Jan 21, 2009 at 12:43 am

But Ebert gave it “two thumbs up” (I don’t know who the second thumb belongs to- are they both his own thumbs, now?).

• 12 Katie M. on Jan 21, 2009 at 9:35 am

Kevin James could make me shoot milk out of my nose laughing just sitting still. So I thought “Paul Blart” was hilarious. So there!!! ;-P

• 13 JT on Jan 21, 2009 at 11:54 am

Brought to you by Gilbert Godfrey in Sanitation Department.

Andy Dick in American Eagle Sales Rep,

Andrew Dice Clay as the Virtual Reality Machine Controller

• 14 Dean Kitanidis on Jan 21, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Don’t get me wrong — I LOVE Kevin James. He *is* hilarious. But that movie was just… so… bad!

That being said, it was directed towards a much younger audience. While most of the adults in the theater reserved their laughter for most of the film, the kids there were practically rolling on the floor the entire time.