Vader. Chad Vader.

April 9th, 2009 by Mike Nelson · 13 Comments

Isthmus Jan2007 Yonda SloanThe mad geniuses of Blame Society Productions, Matt Sloan and Aaron Yonda, stood shoulder to shoulder with us as we did battle with the formidable “Empire Strikes Back“, Lucas’s seamless third installment in his epic biography of Lumpawarrump of Kashyyk.* You may recall that this is not our first collaboration, and they also did their own hilarious take on “A New Hope,” so we were thrilled to take advantage of both their writing and performing on this one.

The most heart-stopping revelation in the series (aside from the one about the true source of Itchy’s skin condition) and Chad Vader is there! As Malla might say, “RRRRooueeeru Bluurrrrrppbpbpbpbpbpbpbpp shrkkkyyykkkkk glokksplrot!”

*The 1st being “Star Wars“, the 2nd “The Star Wars Holiday Special

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled creepy Xtranormal video)

• 1 jason on Apr 9, 2009 at 11:19 am

On a sad note, Dave Arneson (co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons) just died. Does the ‘death in threes’ rule apply to geek gods? Forrest J. Ackerman just died recently- if the rule applies, who’ll be next?? George Lucas? Harry Knowles? Neil Gaiman?? Alan Moore (stay away from nooses until a fellow geek god dies, Alan. You don’t want to go out like that- just ask Michael Hutchence. Well, I guess you can’t)? The plot thickens…

• 2 Conor Lastowka on Apr 9, 2009 at 11:24 am

Yes, it was great fun working with Matt and Aaron again

• 3 Matt Sloan on Apr 9, 2009 at 11:35 am

Hi everyone, Matt Sloan from Blame Society here. We are pleased as punch (and twice as pleased as Judy) to have been able to collaborate with our comedy idols on this project . Mike, Kevin, Bill and the whole crew at Rifftrax were beyond gracious in letting us share the creative process with them, not just by welcoming Chad back into the riffing booth, but also letting us write part of the episode. We are thrilled more than words can say and can’t wait to see/hear the finished product.

• 4 skenderberg on Apr 9, 2009 at 11:43 am

I want to know how you guys convinced Kevin and Chad to work together again.

• 5 jason on Apr 9, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Sorry Conor, guess I started the old subject creep waaayyyy too early- yes, I quite enjoyed the Star Wars Ep 4: A New Hope (or as Mike calls it Star Wars) rifftrax. So this one should be even better (and I’m sure Return of the Jedi will be the best. Oh, yes. I can’t wait for that one. Ewoks. Yup).

• 6 Barry on Apr 9, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I happened to notice on the ESB Rifftrax page (i.e., click the link in Mike’s post) that the Rifftrax was “released April 14, 2009″.

I am impressed that you guys would go to all that trouble. By which I mean, of course, going to the future, releasing it, and then coming back here so that you could update the website to say that it was released on April 14, 2009.

That’s what I call quality product!

• 7 Invisible NanoGhost on Apr 9, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Baconators.

• 8 Ed H on Apr 10, 2009 at 7:43 am

I fear for Woz and also Steve Jobs. Either could croak any minute. Not sayin’ I’d be happy about it.

• 9 jennifer on Apr 12, 2009 at 7:12 am

Malla! Nice….LOL

• 10 Tyler Wagner on Aug 15, 2009 at 11:24 am

Long, long time fan. I love you guys. Thank you for your awesome work.

I’m so glad you’ve released part 5, but the bad news for me is you only offer the NTSC version. The special-new-effects edition is available in PAL regions now. Any hope of a release that I can watch with my disc?