The Last Man on Earth watches a whole bunch of crap

May 4th, 2009 by Conor Lastowka · 25 Comments

There were lots of great entries for the Last Man on Earth challenge! Thanks to everyone who mocked Vincent Price’s pain/madness by changing his video to something absurd.  I picked first, second and third place.

First place goes to Askbotboy for his Mighty Boosh mashup:

Second place to Ejiehi for the most insanity inducing clip of them all.  Minus points for the weird video artifacting though

And third to blablover5.  I had never seen Cop Rock again, but it is beyond the realm of comprehension that this ever actually aired on TV:

Great job to everyone else. Send conor AT rifftrax DOT com an email to claim your prize!

• 1 Sensei_Rebel on May 4, 2009 at 9:25 am

I worked a whole 10 minutes on mine. That’s 10 minutes of my life I”ll never get back. Thanks RiffTrax!!

• 2 Edgewriter on May 4, 2009 at 9:41 am

If I was to do one, it would have to be a video of people with this horrific hobby.

• 3 rebisaz on May 4, 2009 at 10:03 am

OMG, I can’t believe someone used Cop Rock! That’s hilarious.

• 4 Amber on May 4, 2009 at 10:09 am

I liked this one best of the three finalists . . that one should have won . . :(

• 5 Vic Arpeggio on May 4, 2009 at 10:14 am

EELS! Now I won’t be able to get that song out of my head.

• 6 Askbotboy on May 4, 2009 at 10:20 am

Vic! Are you still a private eye? Cool name and thanks, Eels is an ear worm that won’t go away!

• 7 rebisaz on May 4, 2009 at 10:47 am

Yeah – I mean, all three winners are really great, and congrats askbotboy. But I remember when Cop Rock first came out, thinking, “…the hell? Are they serious?” Now looking back it was a hilariously bad idea. Thanks blablover5.

• 8 blablover5 on May 4, 2009 at 11:11 am

Thanks for the vote of um pure painful hilarity. Maybe I should demand some sort of recount.

Anyone got any old hanging chad jokes I can use?

• 9 Ejiehi on May 4, 2009 at 11:15 am

Damn it editing software you’ve held me back for too long…

• 10 taters on May 4, 2009 at 11:28 am

i’m a cockney geezer watch me bleed ya
    lol gotta love the hitcher but the crack fox wins hands down for the off the scale WTF factor

• 11 Askbotboy on May 4, 2009 at 11:45 am

I must admit how oddly funny and jarring it was to see Cop Rock again- especially juxtaposed with Vincent Price! Nice job Blbover5! (I’ll loan you my complimentary copy of whatever RiffTrax I download!) This was a fun contest- there should be more like this!

• 12 BEMaven on May 4, 2009 at 12:36 pm

The artifacting in Ejiehi’s entry is a well-documented side effect of using HeadOn (just read the label).

Congrats to Askbotboy for his steely resolve in watching any part of The Mighty Boosh.

He’s welcome to my left-over supply of Enzyte (I seem to have developed a tolerance to the drug)

• 13 chrismartindeed on May 4, 2009 at 1:25 pm

I wanted to do one with Vincent watching Michael Jackson in ‘Thriller’… but I was thwarted by slow download/upload issues.

Anyway, the police in ‘Cop Rock’ had more glam going for them.

• 14 Askbotboy on May 4, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Please forgive my atrocious spelling Blablover5! Sorry!

• 15 Scooter on May 4, 2009 at 2:22 pm

better than what Windows Movie Maker did to me. I had one made tot he best of my ability and the preview looked fine, but when I published it the movie parts featuring Price just turned into a black screen.

• 16 Lynne on May 4, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Yeah, the Crack Fox is terrifying and that episode was pretty painful. I love the Boosh most of the time though – it’s kind of disappointing to hear it referred to as a ‘whole bunch of crap’ by RiffTrax. It definitely has the WTF factor though!

• 17 blablover5 on May 5, 2009 at 5:24 am

I have been called many things, but blb is by far the worst.

You have insulted me good Sir! What shall it be? Pistols at dawn?

• 18 Askbotboy on May 5, 2009 at 6:50 am

How about Eels at noon! With a nice Teriyaki sauce…..

• 19 taters on May 5, 2009 at 1:42 pm

i’m gonna hurt you real bad when we get inside
    what was that?
    nothing! just a funny funny funny sound

lol

• 20 Conor Lastowka on May 5, 2009 at 2:47 pm

We are big fans of the Mighty Boosh here. We have also been known to make jokes or exaggerations from time to time.

• 21 Lynne on May 6, 2009 at 12:33 am

Good to know! The show isn’t really popular in the U.S., so I thought you guys might not have known about it. It would have been a very interesting entry if that were the case!

• 22 Emily on May 6, 2009 at 12:21 pm

AHHHH the joys of the Boosh!

• 23 Top 50 Zombie Movies on Jun 15, 2009 at 3:21 pm

[...] spilling into our world. Can a reporter and a psychic save the world in this gory Italian film? 34. The Last Man on Earth – Vincent Price plays the only man on the planet not turned into a bizarre zombie-like creature. As [...]