Wiseau serious?

June 28th, 2009 by Bill Corbett · 21 Comments

An early version of a modern classic. Oddly, no big laugh from Tommy W. after the story of the woman who was beaten and hospitalized, like in the movie:

• 1 Dan Noutko-Kennedy on Jun 28, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Bill,

You finally dislodge the Donny & Marie bolus lodged in the Rifftrax windpipe with this PSA, a co-production of NOW and the NFL. Thank you?

• 2 jfruh on Jun 28, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Wow, who knew the football was so important to the plot so early in the film’s development?

• 3 Matt on Jun 28, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Yes, the master’s technique is slowly revealed…piece by piece we will assemble the puzzle of his genius.

• 4 Casey on Jun 28, 2009 at 1:33 pm

This reminds me of soo many church skits.

• 5 pjwaldron on Jun 28, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Somehow I can’t even muster pithy zingers about “The Room” anymore. At first it was fun, but now making fun of it feels like when you ragged on that one kid in high school because he was so goofy and awkward, until that time you saw him happy with his friends getting on the short bus, and you felt like a total dick.

“The Room” is Tommy’s short bus.

• 6 Erica on Jun 28, 2009 at 2:28 pm

I thought maybe when Donny and Marie were dislodged it would be with the Phillipino Prisoners dancing to Thriller. A Must-google, if you haven’t seen it.

• 7 Steve R. on Jun 28, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Our nightmare is over! Thank you, Bill Corbett.

• 8 Walter Kovacs on Jun 28, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Also, “Oh hi Mark” was seemingly in the script since day one …

• 9 ShutterBun on Jun 28, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I have nothing to add, except that your title for this blog entry is perhaps the most perfect ever offered.

• 10 rebisaz on Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Ha! That was actually a better take than the one they used in the movie. They should have used that one. Granted, Mark was played by an entirely different actor but really, would it hurt? It would have added quirkiness, and perhaps an “I meant to do that” aspect.

• 11 BEMaven on Jun 29, 2009 at 3:48 am

I have nothing to add.

(Turnabout is fair play.)

• 12 Casey on Jun 29, 2009 at 8:23 am

I’m convinced that the delay between posts was due to brainstorming a very clever title for this particular blog post. I think “Wiseau Serious?” is wonderful.

• 13 chrismartindeed on Jun 29, 2009 at 10:37 am

How were the painters behind that drop cloth expected to concentrate on their work with all that jabbering going on?

• 14 Wook on Jun 29, 2009 at 12:03 pm

“She tells me that I hit her.”

She does? And you don’t believe her? How can you be so sure? Maybe you hit her while you were at work, or golfing with the boys. I mean, you don’t know. Just look at you.

• 15 Eric Fell on Jun 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

That may very well be the best Blog title I have ever seen.

• 16 yislash on Jun 29, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Someone make Tommy W. say “werewolf”, and make sure someone’s recording it.

• 17 Attia on Jun 29, 2009 at 6:58 pm

….Does nobody here read my posts? http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,14434.msg443089.html#msg443089 *sniff*

• 18 Earl Fando on Jun 30, 2009 at 10:51 am

Nah, “Oh, hi Mark” is clearly a nervous tic.

Also, I realize that they switched the football to the other actor in the film to avoid the Garo Yepremian vibe that Wiseau was giving off.

• 19 Jack The Autumn on Jun 30, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Do you think Tommy was like:

“Cut-CUT! That was AWFUL! You, actor person! You need to project more like this [raises arms, contorts face] ‘You’re tearing me apawwwt Lizzzza!’. Then- just as quckly lose that emotion into a cheery greeting [face turns glazed eyed] ‘Oh, hi Mark’”

• 20 CrowTeeRobot on Jul 1, 2009 at 3:31 pm

“Wiseau serious?”

“Oh, hi Joker.”

• 21 Isaiah on Aug 17, 2009 at 12:39 pm

It’s like watching a conversation between J.M. Basquiat and the Euro trash version of Sesame Street’s Bert.