Rifftrax August Appetizer: Diesel Fumes

August 5th, 2009 by Kevin Murphy · 14 Comments

Can’t wait for our nationwide RIFFTRAX LIVE show on August 20th?  Whet your appetite with this fresh summer riff:  Fast & Furious!  It’s just like The Fast and the Furious but without all those annoying articles in the title.  You can think of Vin Diesel as a leaner, slightly less successful version of Plan 9’s Tor Johnson.

tor diesel

See what I mean?  By the way, Tor’s on the left. Tor’s a bit easier to understand than Vin, even with the former’s thick Scandinavian accent.  Whereas Tor’s blunt tenor dialogue delivery puts me in mind of a slab of aluminum pig, the deep mumbly register of Vin’s voice has been known to set off car alarms.  As for raw acting ability, it’s a toss-up for me.  But there’s enough of Tor in Vin to get your cinematic taste buds primed for August 20th.

In the meantime, here’s a  quick and easy summer recipe inspired by the plot of Fast and Furious.

FAST AND FURIOUS POTATO SALAD
Serves 8-10 as a side dish

6 lbs. large russet potatoes, skin on
1- Mossberg 590 Mariner 8+1 12 gauge shotgun
6 – shells 00 buckshot
1 – 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS LS6 454 (preferably red)
Salt and pepper to taste

- BEAT potatoes one by one with your bare fists until soft.
-FIRE one round of buckshot into each shell, distributing shot evenly as possible
-PULVERIZE potatoes by driving over them with Chevelle until well mixed
-Season with salt and pepper.

Tags: Events · Monsters · RiffTrax · RiffTrax Live! · movies

• 1 James Shearhart on Aug 5, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Double-ought? Really? I find it mucks with the Chevelle a bit, and tends to offer an aftertaste of Corvair in the final dish….

• 2 rebisaz on Aug 5, 2009 at 12:57 pm

Damn it. I knew when I sold my dad’s ‘70 Chevelle that I’d be sorry one day. “I’m going to need this for potato salad, I just know it”, I thought to myself. And sure enough.

• 3 bullwinkle on Aug 5, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Vat, no mustard? Not even a nice pickle on the side? Oy.

• 4 Erica on Aug 5, 2009 at 1:33 pm

No mayo? What the hell?

• 5 Kevin Murphy on Aug 5, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Yeah well it’s German potato salad. You know how THEY are.
    -kwm

• 6 jfe on Aug 5, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Iff its German potato salad, are you sure that is enough ammunition?

• 7 Erica on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Ahh…my thought was this was sort of an international potato salad… A potato salad “Epcot,” if you will.

I do demand that you add vinegar, however. Where are the Germans on vinegar?

• 8 JackTheRiffer on Aug 5, 2009 at 6:21 pm

You’re right. I find the sheer mass of the 12 gauge slug to be much more pleasing to the tastebuds!

• 9 Libby on Aug 5, 2009 at 7:19 pm

While I won’t be there in person, I have my ticket ready for the showing in my city, so I’ll be watching you guys!!

• 10 Jim Treacher on Aug 5, 2009 at 11:39 pm

The next 3 sequels:

Fast-n-Fyur
    Fahfr
    Fffff

No Vin Diesel movie should have a title he can’t say in one grunt.

• 11 Earl Fando on Aug 7, 2009 at 7:49 am

And the tire tracks make for a conversation-starting presentation of the dish.

“Did you use Goodyears or Michelins?”
    “Why, Michelins of course! Bobby Flay says Michelins are the only tires for potato salad.”

• 12 防犯カメラ on Apr 19, 2011 at 12:12 am

防犯カメラ:http://www.joinspy.com/
    スパイカメラ:http://www.joinspy.com/category-238-b0.html
    ペン型 ビデオカメラ:http://www.joinspy.com/category-253-b0.html

• 13 ブランド 腕時計 on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:08 am

http://www.brandwatchjp.com/ へようこそ。当社は2004年に設立され、2006年にインターネットマーケティング事業にコミットされました。 の大きな需要が常にあり、よく販売している。最近、我々はいくつかの新しいsac à mainして、当社のウェブサイト上でそれらを更新。ここでは見つけることができるいくつかの稀少ある、他のウェブサイトから見つけることは困難れた。NBAジャージはhotsaleで常にもです。
    私たちは、お客様から多くの偉大なコメントを得て、外国のmakertsで良い評判を獲得している、90%以上のお客様は今すぐオンラインメンバーが80,000を超えてブランド激安通販店まで、当社の製品およびサービスに満足しています。今の時点で、我々は現在、18カ国以上から顧客にサービスを提供し、そして我々はまだ成長している。私たちは本当に世界中から個人や企業との協力を通じて事業拡大を願っています。