Moose Baby

August 13th, 2009 by Conor Lastowka · 21 Comments

The person who took the above video would have us believe that the creatures frollicking in this lawn sprinkler are baby moose. This is puzzling to me because they bear little resemblance to the creature seen below.

vlcsnap 30078

Most of you will hopefully recognize Moose Baby, the star of our latest short “The Tale of Moose Baby.” If you haven’t, I invite you to go check it out right now, as it is possibly my favorite short we’ve come across so far.

Still not convinced?  Perhaps this video will push you over the edge:

What’s that?  It didn’t work and now you’re just confused and frightened?  Dammit!

• 1 Steve R. on Aug 13, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Moose…um, meese, mooses? Either way, they are tricky beasts given that I can never quite get how to pluralize them!!!

• 2 Fantagor on Aug 13, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Still high from an all night crank binge, Moose baby’s mother leaves him dangerously close to pack of hunters too drunk to tell the difference between a moose and a goose.

Randy

• 3 euphoriafish on Aug 13, 2009 at 11:14 pm

So, like, is Moose Baby a Wild Kingdom-style remake of Spider Baby? Does Moose Baby stalk, kill and eat a neighborhood cat at any point during the film?

• 4 Casey on Aug 14, 2009 at 7:06 am

No videos with Bud Selig under a sprinkler?

• 5 shimauma on Aug 14, 2009 at 8:17 am

AWWWWW THEY’RE SO CUTE!!! I know, I was supposed to write something snarky and witty, but TEH CUTENESS!!!!

• 6 kt on Aug 14, 2009 at 12:52 pm

The tender background music fits so perfectly when the mother moose starts licking the baby’s butt.

• 7 Erica on Aug 14, 2009 at 4:15 pm

It IS disarming, isn’t it?

• 8 rebisaz on Aug 15, 2009 at 2:16 pm

The moose playing in the sprinkler were really adorable! Then the Iko Iko moose baby vs. Selig thing happened and now I’m just not sure about the world anymore.

• 9 Houndstooth Mind on Aug 15, 2009 at 3:57 pm

So… am I the only one who doesn’t know who Bud Selig is?

• 10 BEMaven on Aug 16, 2009 at 6:25 am

Sure it’s cute. Sure it’s adorable.

But it’s blogs like this one that wrecked my door-to-door moose washing service.

Thank you all for killing off free enterprise in America.

• 11 chrismartindeed on Aug 16, 2009 at 6:32 am

According to Wikipedia, Bud Selig is—

A ruminant mammal with humped shoulders, long legs, and broadly palmated antlers that is the largest existing member of the deer family and inhabits forested areas of Canada, the northern United States, Europe, and Asia.

Oh, wait, I think I used the wrong URL for Wikipedia.

• 12 Houndstooth Mind on Aug 16, 2009 at 7:33 am

So Bud Selig has the largest member in the deer family?

• 13 chrismartindeed on Aug 16, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Yes, that is one of the privileges of serving as the Commissioner of Major League Baseball,

Even George Steinbrenner couldn’t take that away from him.

• 14 Barry on Aug 17, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Moose moose baby
    (dun dun dun dun dundundun dun)
    Moose moose baby
    (dun dun dun dun dundundun dun)

• 15 Earl Fando on Aug 20, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Re: Baby Moose and Bud Selig, other than the eyes, ears, and skin texture, I don’t see any resemblance at all.

Oh, I forgot, like “moose” “Selig” is also the plural term for…well, “Selig” All of them in fact.

• 16 Andrew Gilchrist on Sep 12, 2009 at 8:30 am

Hands down, Bud Selig wins, although you have to give Moose Baby credit for hanging in there right to the end.

• 17 سمو المشاعر on May 13, 2010 at 12:09 pm

سمو المشاعر

• 18 RU486 on Apr 19, 2011 at 12:01 am

RU486:http://www.okkanpo.com/Product/397.html
    VigRx :http://www.okkanpo.com/product/384.html
    威哥王:http://www.okkanpo.com/Product/8.html

• 19 RU486 on May 12, 2011 at 1:13 am

RU486:http://www.okkanpo.com/Product/397.html
    VigRx :http://www.okkanpo.com/product/384.html

• 20 威哥王 on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm

• 21 ブランド 腕時計 on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:04 am

http://www.brandwatchjp.com/ へようこそ。当社は2004年に設立され、2006年にインターネットマーケティング事業にコミットされました。 の大きな需要が常にあり、よく販売している。最近、我々はいくつかの新しいsac à mainして、当社のウェブサイト上でそれらを更新。ここでは見つけることができるいくつかの稀少ある、他のウェブサイトから見つけることは困難れた。NBAジャージはhotsaleで常にもです。
    私たちは、お客様から多くの偉大なコメントを得て、外国のmakertsで良い評判を獲得している、90%以上のお客様は今すぐオンラインメンバーが80,000を超えてブランド激安通販店まで、当社の製品およびサービスに満足しています。今の時点で、我々は現在、18カ国以上から顧客にサービスを提供し、そして我々はまだ成長している。私たちは本当に世界中から個人や企業との協力を通じて事業拡大を願っています。