Deleted Scene from The Matrix: Revolutions

September 23rd, 2009 by Conor Lastowka · 30 Comments

While we were working on our upcoming RiffTrax for The Matrix: Revolutions, one scene in particular stood out amongst the noise and chaos of the 2-hour-but-seems-like-4 final chapter in the Matrix Trilogy. The scene comes about an hour in, when the subtly named “Bane” sneaks about Neo and Trinity’s ship and takes Trinity hostage. Bane, as you’ll no doubt recall from the mess that was Matrix: Reloaded, has been taken over by Agent Smith. If you don’t recall, this is because the architect talked for about half an hour after this happened and you probably nodded off or ran shrieking out of the emergency exit.

Neo apparently can’t piece it together either, and we came up with this deleted scene of their extended conversation:

[display_podcast]

Tags: RiffTrax · movies

• 1 Wesley Stamper on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:41 am

I don’t get it. Who was Mike supposed to be?

• 2 goflyblind on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:51 am

i don’t recognize him either. :\

• 3 MattK on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:53 am

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?!

Because it is AWESOME!!!

• 4 Rob on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:53 am

DUH Dennis Hopper from speed artard

“Pop quiz, Mr. Anderson…”

Ring any bells?

Sidenote: The Matrix Revolutions is one of the worst movies of the past decade, I was frozen in my chair in shock when it was over. Can’t wait for the Rifftrax.

• 5 blablover5 on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:56 am

Sorry I’m not buying it. Bill’s still got more mental capacity than a tube worm pretending to be an amoeba on a reality show.

• 6 Earl Fando on Sep 23, 2009 at 12:25 pm

OK, but who was the guy with the thick surfer accent? He sounded a hell of a lot like Mr. Anderson.

• 7 Wesley Stamper on Sep 23, 2009 at 12:52 pm

“DUH Dennis Hopper from speed artard”

Well, you’re probably right that it was meant to be Dennis Hopper, but I did a little digging and think I may have come up with an equally viable candidate.

Though never known to wear shades, nor to greet fellows named Mr Anderson with gravel voiced repeated recitations of their name, I am CONFIDENT that my alternate candidate, were he alive, would possess a radiant desire to kill Keanu Reeves which would outshine all others.

I am speaking, of course, about beloved character actor Walter Brennan.

• 8 Maureen on Sep 23, 2009 at 4:54 pm

I’m pretty sure it was Bodhi, messing with Johnny’s mind again.

• 9 Gina on Sep 23, 2009 at 5:55 pm

“Forty-five minutes later . . .” BWAHAHA!

• 10 euphoriafish on Sep 23, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Really, Bill’s doing Keanu? ::blush:: Oh, that didn’t come out right at all! I’ll start again…

I mean, that’s Bill’s best Keanu Reeves impression? Ok, so I don’t know who else could do it either… certainly Mike has Agent Smith solid, and Kevin sounds nothing like Keanu… what I’m trying to say is I am surprised by how competent Bill’s Keanu Reeves impression is! It sounds nothing like Bill Corbett at all!

• 11 Houndstooth Mind on Sep 24, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Thank you Rifftrax for helping us laugh at Keanu… again!

• 12 jack the autumn on Sep 24, 2009 at 6:58 pm

“Bill sounds nothing like Keanu-wah=wah=wah”

C0me on guys, getta life…

HEY—
    Thanks 4 throw’n this together mike/kev/bill! I look forward to picking up the riff

• 13 karen on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:05 pm

aw man, I was so close, as always. but not fast enough. :(

• 14 jack the autumn on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:07 pm

haha

ahhh= I love it when I skim over the comments too quickly, misread them, then incorrectly post a false rebuttal; looking like a total illiterate boob.

(no, really I do)

• 15 Melinda on Sep 24, 2009 at 8:06 pm

100% class.

• 16 Tork_110 on Sep 25, 2009 at 5:46 am

Hey, let’s all point and laugh at this guy!

HAW HAW!

• 17 chrismartindeed on Sep 26, 2009 at 10:13 am

Nothing important happens on the video screen when I play the segment.

Is the entire movie like that?

• 18 euphoriafish on Sep 28, 2009 at 9:46 am

That’s ok! I am equally silly for over-writing my not-funny comments on the internet! HIGH 5, FELLOW BOOB!

• 19 jack the autumn on Sep 30, 2009 at 11:16 am

@euphoriafish

• 20 Earl Fando on Oct 3, 2009 at 6:15 am

You forgot to sych it with the DVD. It’s much darker when you do that.

• 21 stansimpson on Oct 4, 2009 at 11:49 am

AWESOME! Love it! More… more… MORE! I’m referring to this bonus stuff. Not more Matrix sequels, Wachowskis. PLEASE!!!!!

• 22 Krud on Oct 7, 2009 at 11:55 am

I can enjoy this, because it’s funny on its own.

Were I able to recall enough of “The Matrix: Revolutions” to actually get the satirical angle, I would probably be too busy weeping openly to notice.

• 23 deadweight on Jan 15, 2010 at 5:35 am

this movie made me want to stand up and piss napalm on the crowd to save them the agony of living with the tortured memories of seeing this film. when trinity was dying with rebar stuck through her and just kept lingering on and babbling, i actually stood up in the theater and yelled at the screen, just die already! i was met with thunderous applause and for a moment, all was right with the world

• 24 jay on Feb 17, 2010 at 6:23 pm

フィンペシア通販
    フィンペシア通販
    フィンペシア通販
    フィンペシア通販
    フィンペシア口コミ評判

• 30 ブランド 腕時計 on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:59 am

http://www.brandwatchjp.com/ へようこそ。当社は2004年に設立され、2006年にインターネットマーケティング事業にコミットされました。 の大きな需要が常にあり、よく販売している。最近、我々はいくつかの新しいsac à mainして、当社のウェブサイト上でそれらを更新。ここでは見つけることができるいくつかの稀少ある、他のウェブサイトから見つけることは困難れた。NBAジャージはhotsaleで常にもです。
    私たちは、お客様から多くの偉大なコメントを得て、外国のmakertsで良い評判を獲得している、90%以上のお客様は今すぐオンラインメンバーが80,000を超えてブランド激安通販店まで、当社の製品およびサービスに満足しています。今の時点で、我々は現在、18カ国以上から顧客にサービスを提供し、そして我々はまだ成長している。私たちは本当に世界中から個人や企業との協力を通じて事業拡大を願っています。